(Chapter 3) Games?
1.8k 12 47
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 Chapter 3

Games?

 

"Shun we need to do further testing!" What was she saying now?

"Eh, is that so?" I was still as confused as ever, I mean... What was I even doing? 

 

Mom closed in, her amber eyes were focused in observing me as she tucked her black smooth hair. Was she always this pretty? While I could see slight wrinkles on her face, it didn't bother me. She was pointing a lamp directly into my eyes, it was bothersome but nothing too much. Doctor tests I suppose. Although now that I thought about it... I had no recollection of how my parents looked either... Aside from general things my brain was truly dead. 

 

"Hmm, it's interesting though."

"What's so interesting about a zombie?! Actually, never mind that..." Meanwhile my dad meekly stared at me from across the room. How were they okay with this? It was beyond me, I mean, did they even know I died? What happened? I should know but I forgot, aside from irus this and that, I don't remember. 

 

He stared at me through his glasses' reflexion, his hair was blonde and again, kind of wrinkled face. Probably in his 40s I thought. My features didn't really resemble them much, but what could I do? Also, how could they accept me so easily? I mean, I had the feeling they would, but wh- Ugh, headache again. Stop overthinking. 

 

"Hm, Shun. I notice your brain is in a pretty bad state, and in all honesty you are a cientific mystery... Ha..." She smiled. "I might be able to get a Nobel prize out of this!" 

"Don't you have like, two already?" 

"That's not the point Hal!" I could see her thirst for success. I guess that kind of answered a bit - I was just an object. "Let's see... Neurosciences? How about cognitive development in a heavily injured brain! No, wait... that's already been done... Marie think!" A mad scientist and... 

 

"Hey Marie, don't hog her all for yourself!" 

"Hal, shut up already! It's our son! OURS!" 

"All I see is a cute little girl!" 

"Well me too, but that's not the point." 

 

I wasn't an object you know? "Just call me Rin and be done with it." I interrupted. Both of them froze and looked at me, seemingly in astonishment. Well, I personally did not see why the astonishment being able to talk isn't all that impressive, at least I think so... 

 

"Cough. Anyway Marie, this is great research for the field of necromancy!"

"Ah, there you go again! Going for another award at the ouija club or something!?" They still argued. Sigh... 

 

I moved myself from the bed I was on, and simply left the basement through the stairs that were behind a door. It wasn't that hard to guess where they were - surprisingly they didn't even notice I had left. Dysfunctional family problems I suppose, it wasn't really my fault... 

 

I finally clumb up the top of the stairs and exited the basement. It was exploring time, I knew the general layout of the house but I forgot most things. The carpet floor was nice, the entrance floor was white-tiled marble for some reason. The brown carpet gave everything a cozy feeling with the yellow and cream-colored walls. I ignored the living room that seemed to have a satanic cross with bones in the middle. 

 

The kitchen seemed to have a lot of lab equipment just there. The house was probably divided between the two... then... I went upstairs with a theory in mind, I didn't overthink it, but I felt like I was right this time. The second floor was simply a long hallway stretching from left to right. And a door was just in front of the stairs' exit. It was in the middle of the house, it must...

 

With decisiveness, I opened the door. It was a room with white walls and a carpeted floor, full of otaku posters and other loser things. It was my room, and I was the loser. Somewhere in my mind told me this stuff was for losers, and yet as soon as I saw it, I liked it. I could remember some details about things, but not the names. It's simply the feeling of something being familiar but not being able to exactly tell why it is. 

 

I saw a desk full of books and books... I guess I was an avid reader, but then I saw a photo. It was framed on a small stand at the edge of the desk, the silvery-plated carved frame was stylish and there it was. A photo of my parents and me. A boy of small stature black hair and black eyes. I guess I was simply average - that was fine. 

 

Then I saw it there - laying on the nightstand next to my bed. A small cd-like case. It had a bunch of anime adventurers drawn on it and read: "SSS-Online." It was a game, it was definitely a game. Although what did the triple S stand for? And why was there some type of futuristic-cool glasses next to the game? They were kinda chunky and almost worked like a headband with a cable running out of it. 

Written in fancy letters to the side it read, "Orealius-2.0". Trying to force my memory to think what the cool glasses were, I recalled. It was a VR videogame console, although thinking took its toll.

 

"Eee..." A painful head-splitting headache assaulted me, I decided to lay on the bed to try to play it off. Simply waiting for it to wear off, the bed was comforting and warm. It was... perf... ect...

I fell asleep.  

 

I too faint from overthinking. Anyone else? The simpler the better, fumu.

 

47