The Story Of The Star Child
11 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Outer Space.

 

The infinitely vast cosmos are equally as scary as they are beautiful.

 

A seemingly never ending inky blackness that is only interrupted by the occasional glimmer of a far off star.

 

Each of these stars houses their own solar systems with their own planets, moons, and life.

 

With that being said, each and every one of these stars have to come from somewhere.

 

In a random corner of the far off reaches of space a dying star suddenly collapses into itself and explodes in a massive supernova!

 

As the explosion dissipates, something was watching the star as its life cycle finally ended after billions and billions of years.

 

It was a being that had a light purple body and long and flowing mane of hair that looked like space itself.

 

They were wearing what looked like a Greek toga that was draped over one of its shoulders.

 

They approach the remains of the star and come across another being that was very similar to themself.

 

Floating in the remains of a dead star was what appeared to be a baby. They also had purple skin, but had much shorter translucent astral colored hair.

 

The larger of the two star beings picked up the smaller one.

 

The smaller creature stared at who was holding them with a look of boundless curiosity.

 

“...Hello child…welcome to the universe…”

 

“...ba…” The younger of the two sputters out. They were just born after all. It only made sense that they spoke like a baby.

 

The larger of the two cradled the smaller one in their arms.

 

“...My name is Nebulon…Can you say Nebulon?”

 

“...N…Na…Ba…Non…”

 

“...That was a very good first try…”

 

Nebulon puts the baby down and watches them float. They tried to steady their movement, but they couldn’t stop themself from spinning.

 

The smaller of the two got dizzy and was starting to be upset by this…

 

…So much so that they eventually started crying.

 

“...It’s okay, child…let it all out…” Nebulon says as they grab the star baby.

 

The baby cries in Nebulon’s arms until it lets all of its emotions out.

 

Nebulon smiles softly at the child.

 

A few other beings with hair made of stardust approach Nebulon.

 

“...So Nebulon…” One of them asks. “...Did that egg finally hatch?”

 

“...Yes, it did…”

 

“...So, where is the child?”

 

Nebulon turns around and shows them the child.

 

The baby grabs towards the others with their small hands.

 

“...So…when are you going to start training them?”

 

“...Can we maybe wait a bit…They were literally just born…” Nebulon responds as they pull the baby back into their protection. “...Besides…they are going to have billions of years to find all of that stuff out anyways…”

 

“...Fine…but only one hundred years! After that then their training must begin! Are those terms agreeable?”

 

Nebulon looks at the child lovingly and thinks for a moment.

 

“...Sure…that works for me…”

 

“...Alright…” They turn to the baby. “...See you for training in one hundred years.”

50 years have passed since then.

 

Nebulon is still playing with the star baby.

 

“...Let’s try this again…Can you say Nebulon?”

 

“...Ne…Nebula…Nebulon! Nebulon!”

 

Nebulon hugs the star child.

 

“...Your first word…I am so proud of you!”

 

The child didn’t exactly understand what was going on yet, but they did know that they liked being praised.

 

“Nebulon!” A voice from behind says.

 

One of the star soldiers from before was back.

 

“...Where are the others?”

 

The remaining star soldier looks down with a solemn look.

 

“...They were…destroyed by the great devourer…”

 

“...Oh…my condolences…”

 

“...I am just going to cut to the chase Nebulon…I have to break my promise…”

 

Nebulon holds the baby in their arms.

 

“...but it has only been fifty years…The deal was one hundred…”

 

“...I know that you are attached to this one, but the great devourer is coming and we are running out of reinforcements…”

 

“...Please…you can’t do this…”

 

“...I am sorry Nebulon, but you need to hand them over!”

 

“No!”

 

“I wasn’t asking! Give them to me!”

 

“...I…I won’t…I refuse!”

 

“NEBULON! THIS IS FOR THE FATE OF THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!”

 

“...This child didn’t ask to be in this war…”

 

“...None of us had a choice either Nebulon…”

 

Nebulon hugs the child harder and turns away from their superior.

 

“...I tried doing this the easy way, but that child is coming with me whether you like it or not!”

 

“NO!” A burst of light comes out of Nebulon.

 

“FINE! LET’S DO THIS YOUR WAY!” The star soldier announces as they magnetize a nearby meteor into their own personal orbit.

 

After it rotates around them and gains enough speed they launch the space rock at Nebulon.

 

Nebulon puts the child down and punches the meteor into rubble.

 

Nebulon then pulls the shards back together and throws it back at their superior.

 

They use one hand to bat it out of the way and send it flying away from them at the speed of hundreds of miles per hour.

 

“...You know you can’t defeat me, Nebulon! I am hundreds of millions of years older than you are!”

 

“I know that!” Nebulon yells. “...I know…”

 

“Then give this up and hand me the child.”

 

“...I…I can’t…”

 

The star soldier approaches Nebulon.

 

“I am taking that baby!”

 

“NO!”

 

Nebulon wrestles their superior for the baby, but eventually loses grip.

 

They start to fly away with the child, but Nebulon throws another large rock at their back.

 

“...I won’t let you do this…”

Nebulon throws another large rock and the star soldier uses both hands to redirect this.

 

…They drop the baby in the meantime and Nebulon grabs them again.

 

As their superior redirects the meteor towards Nebulon they encase the child in a bunch of rocks and send them away at light speed.

 

The meteor then directly crashes into Nebulon’s back.

 

“...I’ll say this one more time…give me the baby…”

 

“...I…I…can’t…” Nebulon says as they struggle to breath as they feel their life start to fade away.

 

“WHY NOT!”

 

“...Because…they…they are gone…”

The star soldier looks around to find out that Nebulon is right.

 

“...Where did you send them?”

 

“...Far…away…from you…” Nebulon says as their millions of years of life suddenly come to an end.

 

“...No…NO!” They scream as they realized what had just happened.

 

“I’ll find that child if it is the last thing that I do!”

A meteorite crashes into the Earth and Team IQA investigates the crash site.

 

“Look alive team!” Isabella Quentin says to her superhero team. “We don’t know where that meteorite came from or if there was any dangerous life aboard! So our mission is to look until this area is cleared!”

 

“Yes ma’am!” Urchin, Bellows, and Wallflower say as they search the area.

 

The team continues to look until Wallflower comes across something interesting.

 

She found a small purple baby-like creature with hair that looked like space amongst the rubble of the meteorite.

 

“...Hey Isabella! I found something…or…someone?”

 

Isabella and the others come quickly.

 

Wallflower picks up the star child and cradles them in her arms.

 

“Alright!” Isabella says to her team. “Let’s head back to CHS HQ to see what to do with this anomaly!”

 

Urchin and Bellows nod and start to walk off until they are cut off by Wallflower.

 

“...Can I keep them…” She says.

 

“I am sorry Gloriosa, but no.” Isabella says.

 

“Come on, Please!” Gloriosa says with puppy dog eyes.

 

“...Well…” Bellows comes over to give the star child another look. “...They are just a wee little thing…I don’t see what the issue is…I say let Gloriosa take care of them!”

 

“...Thanks Fredrik…” Gloriosa says as she warmly smiles at the star child.

 

“Anytimes lass.” The viking says while rubbing the back of his neck.

 

“...I don’t know about this…” Urchin says to Isabella. “...Something about this feels off to me…”

 

Isabella thinks this over for a moment, but then relents.

 

“...Fine…”

 

“What!” Urchin yells. “You can’t be serious ma’am!”

 

“I am serious!” Isabella responds. She then turns to Gloriosa. “You can take care of the child, but if anything goes wrong it will be on you. Do I make myself clear?”

 

“...Crystal…” Gloriosa says as she hugs the child.

 

She holds the child in front of her face.

 

“I don’t want to keep calling you child…what do you want to be called little one? Do you have a name?”

 

“...Ne…Nebulon!”

 

“Nebulon! What a fitting name!”

 

Gloriosa gives them a piece of candy which Nebulon enjoys quite a lot.

 

As they walk back to base, Gloriosa continues to feed Nebulon small pieces of candy.

 

Nebulon was very excited to start their life on Earth. Especially if they could have more candy.

1