Relationships
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Psycho, you've got a lot of nerve showing up here," Ralph growled. Psycho smirked, "What, am I in your club? Last I checked, you didn't own this place." BJ stepped forward, "And last I checked, this club is on our side of town. Leave." Psycho simply shrugged, "I would, but where's the fun in that?" Ralph's patience was wearing thin, "Get out." 

Ignoring Ralph, Psycho's eyes found Katherine, "BJ and Ralph, as predictable as ever. Katherine, as beautiful as ever, nice to see you again." Katherine crossed her arms, mirroring her brothers' hostility, "The feeling is not mutual." Psycho chuckled, "I know that, Kat." His eyes then landed on Oklahoma, "And Oakland, my favorite." Oklahoma bristled, "I told you not to call me that!" Psycho's smile didn't waver, "But I always called you that when we were together." Oklahoma shot back, "News flash, idiot, we're not together anymore. And I wouldn't want to be with you anyway." Unfazed, Psycho responded, "I miss you too, Oklahoma. We should go on a date sometime," he suggested, blowing a kiss in her direction.

Ralph and BJ immediately stepped in front of their sister, "Like hell we're letting you date her. Don't you remember the last time you broke her heart?" Ralph spat. Psycho smiled ruefully, "Ralph, so protective. Kind of makes me wish Aaron was like you. But he's not." Oklahoma had had enough, "Eugene, leave!" She shouted. Psycho sighed, "Fine, but only for you, Oakland. I'll see you Sarringtons on the battlefield," he warned, before exiting the club.

Ralph turned to his sister, "Are you okay?" Oklahoma nodded, "Yeah. I'm just going to head home. He ruined my mood. I'll be fine, I promise," she assured him, before leaving the club.

The night had taken a sour turn, and everyone decided to call it quits early. Ralph, Eliza, and BJ found themselves standing outside the club. "I feel bad for Oklahoma," Eliza sighed. Ralph nodded, "I know how hard the whole thing with Psycho is for her." He turned to Eliza, "Want me to drive you home?" "Yes, please," Eliza agreed. Turning to BJ, Ralph asked, "You heading straight home?" BJ shook his head, "Nah, I'm meeting Carson," he said, finishing his beer. Eliza's curiosity was piqued, "Are you two dating or something?" "Hell no, we just hang out, like you and Ralph," BJ retorted. He noticed Eliza tense up and smirked, "Oh, I forgot, you don't like to hear that, Eliza. You know, because of your 'feelings'." 

"BJ, shut up!" Eliza snapped. BJ shrugged nonchalantly, "Whatever, I'm leaving. See you at the house or whatever," and he was gone. Ralph turned to Eliza, "Sorry about him." Eliza was quiet for a moment before speaking up, "I'd like it if you stood up for me when it comes to your brother." Ralph blinked, "It's BJ, he just jokes around." Eliza's frustration was clear, "Well sometimes his 'jokes' aren't funny. And I'd like it if you told him when he crossed the line!" Ralph lit a blunt, "I think you're exaggerating a bit." Eliza's anger flared, "Oh, I'm sorry for wanting the person I'm in a relationship with to defend me sometimes." Ralph took a few puffs before speaking, "That's the thing, Eliza. We're not in a relationship. I told you from the beginning it was just sex. I'm sorry if you got mixed signals or had hopes, but you and me in a relationship? It's never going to happen." 

Eliza was silent for a moment before she said, "I'm walking home." Ralph looked surprised, "What?" "You heard me," Eliza said, walking away. Ralph watched her go, Damn Ralph, you messed up. Now I need a drink, he thought to himself. He got into his car and drove off to another bar.

"Isn't it Ralph Sarrington in the flesh?" a familiar voice drew Ralph's attention. He turned to see Camilia standing there. "Camilia Blackwood. Haven't seen you in a while," Ralph responded, surprised. "Yeah, I've been busy with college, you know," Camilia explained. Ralph chuckled, "It's cool your dad actually let you go to college." Camilia nodded, "Same. I'm glad I don't have to be caught up in this war between our families." Ralph agreed, "I know."

Before he knew it, the words were out of his mouth, "You want to get out of here?" Camilia looked taken aback, "Wait, aren't you with Eliza?" Ralph shook his head, "No, Eliza and I aren't together. I'm very much single." Camilia’s face broke into a smile, "Then yeah, let's get out of here."  

Ralph couldn't help but think, Okay, I know she's supposed to be my enemy, but we've been close for years, despite our families hating each other. The only reason we stopped hanging out was because of the whole Oklahoma and Psycho thing. He reassured himself, This is just a harmless hookup for me. Nothing major.

Meanwhile back at the house

Six years. Six years had passed since he shattered my heart. He made me believe he loved me, when all he wanted was to get close to my father for his own family's gain. I should've known better. He was a Blackwood and I was a Sarrington. It was doomed from the start. The words he spoke left me in pieces. I couldn't leave my room for weeks. My family was deeply concerned, but I was afraid to meet their gaze, afraid to see their disappointment. They had been right all along. After him, I thought I'd never find love again, Oklahoma thought to herself. 

"Oklahoma!" A male voice called out. She looked up to see Fred waving at her. "Fred!" She exclaimed, running towards him with a smile. And I did find love again, she thought happily.

Meanwhile, Psycho was cleaning his gun when a worker approached him, "Uh, Psycho..." The worker began. "What?" Psycho said, not looking up. "Fred is back," the worker told him. Psycho paused in his task, "He is?" "Yes, sir," the worker confirmed. The worker then voiced his confusion, "Psycho, I just don't get it. Why are you keeping tabs on Oklahoma? Her personal life has nothing to do with the war or destroying the Sarringtons." Psycho was silent for a moment before he replied, "Because I'm not doing this for my dad's stupid war. I'm doing this because I still fucking love her. I'll never forgive myself for the way I hurt her. I wish I hadn't listened to my dad." Overwhelmed by his own admission, Psycho felt tears prick at his eyes. He snapped at his workers, "You guys can leave now!" "Oh, sorry sir," the worker quickly apologized and left. Maybe one day, Psycho thought to himself, maybe one day I'll make things right.

"How can I still be in love with Ralph after what he said about us?" Eliza muttered to herself, her breath visible in the cold air. "I'm such a love freak." A car pulled up beside her, and the window rolled down to reveal BJ. "Why are you out here in the cold?" he asked. "I'm walking home. Why are you here?" Eliza countered. "I'm driving back home. Carson's at a meeting. So I have to go home to a crying Oklahoma, a boring Kat, and a Ralph who I thought would be with you. But he's not. Why are you walking home?" BJ questioned, "I thought Ralph was taking you home." Eliza sighed, "We got into a fight." BJ chuckled, "He finally realized you're too family-oriented for him." Eliza snapped, "BJ, you've been nothing but rude to me since I joined the gang a year ago. I would ask why but you know what, I don't care!" BJ shrugged, "Cool." Eliza continued, "Now can you please leave? I'm tired of seeing you Sarrington boys." And with that, she resumed her walk. "Okay, whatever," BJ muttered, and drove off.

Back at the Sarrington house, Katherine was alone when Aspen arrived. "Kat," Aspen greeted her. "Aspen, hey!" Katherine replied, surprised. "I just came to check on you," Aspen said gently. "Why?" Katherine asked. Aspen looked concerned, "I'm worried about you. You seemed off today." Katherine's frustration flared, "Stop worrying, okay?!" Aspen looked taken aback, "What?" Katherine let out a breath, "I'm tired of you trying to turn me into you! I love you like a brother, okay? What happened between us in high school was just that. I'm not into girls." Aspen looked hurt, "I don't get why you're like this! BJ is out and proud and your family supports him. What's the difference with you? You could tell your dad that you don't want to marry Toby and that you like me." Katherine's voice was firm, "I don't like you! I-I love your brother! And I am going to marry him. So, please leave." Aspen looked beaten, "You know what, Katherine, I'm done chasing after you. I'm done waiting." And with that, Aspen left. Katherine was left alone, wondering, Why did I do that?

"Mr. Blackwood," a worker entered the office, interrupting Hex's focus on his files. "Yes?" Hex answered, not looking up. "I just wanted to tell you... your son, Eugene... I mean, Psycho, has been keeping tabs on Oklahoma. But not for business. It seems he's... well, he's still very much in love with her," the worker disclosed. Hex didn't seem surprised by the revelation, "Of course Psycho is still in love with Oklahoma." 

"Dad, please don't tell me you still want him to run the mafia. He's in love with the daughter of our rivals," Aaron interjected, seated in a chair across from his father. Hex shot him a stern look, "Aaron, shut up." He then turned to the worker, "Thank you, William, for the information. It seems I'll have to teach my son another lesson about falling in love with the enemy," Hex said, a smirk playing on his lips.

0