Pathetic
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I thought you said you wouldn't be back until next week?" Oklahoma asked, perched on the edge of the bed. Fred moved towards her, "Yeah, but my boss decided I could come back early. And I'm happy to see you again." He gave Oklahoma a quick kiss. She smiled, "Same here. I missed your handsome face. Let's get some sleep. Tonight's been the worst and the best." They cuddled up together on the bed and drifted off to sleep.

The next day, Ralph entered the kitchen after a long night, finding all his siblings there eating breakfast. "Where have you been all night?" BJ questioned, spooning cereal into his mouth. Ralph shrugged, "None of your business." Katherine interjected, "But it is, brother. We were all worried last night." Ralph scoffed, "I bet none of you actually cared." Oklahoma retorted, "We didn't, but you came home in the morning, not last night." BJ chimed in, "Who were you with? We all know you weren't with Eliza. I saw her walking last night. And I doubt you tried to make up with her the same night." Ralph admitted, "Fine, I was with someone else." BJ grinned, "Oh brother, you finally followed my advice and didn't settle down with one person. I'm a proud little brother." Ralph retorted, "Shut up, BJ." Oklahoma asked, "Who was the girl?" Ralph was firm, "Not telling any of you." The siblings all demanded in unison, "Tell us Ralph!" "No!" Ralph shouted, then ran away. Katherine looked at BJ and Oklahoma, "Did he just run away?" "Let's chase after him," Oklahoma suggested, and the siblings took off after Ralph.

Two weeks later, Eliza found herself deep in thought. Ralph hasn't spoken to me since our fight. He usually texts me an apology or at least checks up on me. But he hasn't sent anything, and it's been two weeks since the fight. Maybe I'm being selfish about this whole thing, she reflected.

"Dad, you called?" Psycho entered the office, taking a seat across from his father. "Yes, I did," Hex acknowledged, his gaze steady. "I heard from a little birdie that you've been keeping tabs on Oklahoma," Hex continued. Psycho was quick to deny, "That's not true!" Hex raised an eyebrow, "Son, do you really think my commanders would lie to me, knowing I could kill them in a heartbeat?" Psycho tried to defend himself, "Look, it's not what you think. I’m just trying to see what the Sarringtons are planning. For us." Hex cut him off, "You're lying to me. You're still in love with her. You're pathetic. It’s sad that I call you my son, a Blackwood. You're lucky I'm giving you another chance to redeem yourself. If you mess up this time, consider yourself dead. Now get out of my office." Psycho swallowed, "Yes, sir," he replied, rising and leaving the room.

Once outside, Psycho's thoughts swirled, The abuse I've endured from this man. He's ruined my life. I hate him so much.

"Guys, we have a serious problem," Greg announced as he entered his office where his children were gathered. "What's wrong, Dad?" Ralph asked. "Carson's brother Brody is wrong. He's selling our weapons to Hex," Greg revealed. "What?! We have to get rid of him now," Oklahoma declared. Katherine began to volunteer, "I'll do it, Da-" but was cut off by BJ, "No, I'll do it." Katherine shot BJ a look, "BJ! You realize I can do this too." BJ dismissed her, "Kat, you ain't going to do no killing. You're too kindhearted." Katherine protested, "Hey!" Greg intervened, "Only kill him if he doesn't agree with what we say."

"But what about Carson? Wouldn’t he be mad at us for doing this? He might stop protecting us from the police," Oklahoma voiced her concern. Greg assured them, "Carson knows better. He won’t stop protecting us. We and the Reeds have been working together for years. His dad and I were best friends. He will not stop working with us. It's for his father’s legacy." Greg turned to BJ, "I want you to talk to Brody." BJ grinned, "Yes!" Katherine protested, "Dad, I'm telling you! I can do it." Greg explained gently, "Kat, I love you so much, but you don’t have the skills like BJ. Also, I’m only picking BJ because Oakley should spend time with Fred. And, well, I just don't like Ralph." Ralph rolled his eyes, "Life of being the older child." Greg continued, "But Kat, while we're on the subject, I do want you and Aspen to work together on an upcoming mission." Katherine was taken aback, "Me and Aspen?! I don’t think that’s a good idea." Greg was firm, "Sorry, Kat, you two are the perfect duo. But we'll talk about that later. BJ, do your thing."

Meanwhile, Camilia was at a clinic for her monthly check-up. "Hey Camilia! Nice to see you again," greeted Nancy, a nurse at the clinic. "Nice to see you too, Nancy," Camilia responded. The two headed to a room for Camilia's check-up. After reviewing Camilia's reports, Nancy exclaimed, "Also, you didn’t tell me you were pregnant! I mean, the baby is just 2 weeks old, but still!" Camilia was startled, "Wait, what?! There’s got to be a mistake. I'm not pregnant." Nancy shook her head, "No, there isn’t any mistake. You are indeed pregnant." An overwhelmed Camilia muttered, "Oh, shit."

"Hey, BJ," Kate entered BJ's room while he was preparing for his mission. "Yes, Mom?" BJ responded, glancing up at her. "Could you please pick up your cousin from the airport before you embark on your mission?" Kate asked her son. "Sure," BJ agreed without hesitation. "Thank you. Your Uncle Christopher, Aunt Penelope, your cousin Kendall, and her friend Dallas will be arriving on Friday," Kate informed him, exiting BJ's room.

Meanwhile, Oklahoma and Fred were in the kitchen. "We should really bake together more often," Oklahoma suggested as she slid a strawberry cake into the oven. "We should, especially when your family isn't here," Fred agreed, chuckling as he helped clean up. "True," Oklahoma responded. "I love you so much, Oakley," Fred said, looking at her fondly. As Oklahoma began to respond, the doorbell rang. "Who could that be?" Fred wondered. "I’ll answer it," Oklahoma offered, heading towards the door.

Oklahoma opened the door to find Psycho. "Wassup, babe," Psycho greeted. Surprised, Oklahoma asked, "Eugene, what are you doing here?" He shrugged, "I was in the neighborhood and decided to see my favorite girl." From within the house, Fred called out, "Oakley, who is it?" Thinking quickly, Oklahoma lied, "Just Tabs. She wants to talk about something. We're stepping outside!" "Okay!" Fred responded, continuing his cleanup.

Once outside, Oklahoma turned to Psycho, "What are you doing here?" Psycho repeated, "Like I said, I came to see you." Oklahoma was frantic, "Leave! Fred is here. I can’t let him see you! Ralph and BJ could be here any second. Leave!" Psycho looked at her, a visible bruise on his face, "I know I should leave. But... I really need you, Oak." Oklahoma noticed his bruise, "Eugene, what happened? Did your dad do this to you?" 

As she reached out to touch his bruise, Psycho pulled her closer, “Oakley always brightens my day after having a fight with my dad. She makes me happy." Psycho thinks to himself. Oklahoma wanted to hug him, but she resisted. Suddenly, Fred appeared and landed a punch on Psycho, "Stay away from her!" Psycho recoiled, "Fred! Are you trying to give me another bruise?" Fred was unapologetic, "Probably! Now get out! Blackwoods aren't welcome here." Psycho refused to back down, "You think you're big and bad now that you're dating Oklahoma. Fun fact: she will always prefer me over you." Oklahoma desperately tried to defuse the situation, "Eugene, just leave. I’m happy where I am." With a final glance at Oklahoma, Psycho said, "Fine. Bye," and left.

As they headed back inside, Oklahoma tried to explain, "I know what you saw. But I promise it didn’t mean anything." Fred, however, was already heading back inside, "I’m going to bed."

At the Blackwood house, Camilia paced anxiously around her room. "What should I do?! I’m pregnant with Ralph’s baby! I knew hooking up with him was wrong," she fretted. Her friend Reagan looked at her, concern etched on her face. "You're telling me! You are going to tell him right?" she asked. Camilia shook her head uncertainly, "I don’t know. I’m a Blackwood and he’s a Sarrington. He probably would never accept the baby." Reagan reasoned, "Dude, he hooked up with you. The feud is really between your dad and his dad. I’m pretty sure he will be there for the baby. But first, you need to tell him." Camilia nodded reluctantly, "You're right! Let me call him to meet me somewhere." She dialed Ralph's number, but he didn't answer. Following Reagan's advice, she texted him, "Hey Ralph, we need to talk ASAP."

Meanwhile, Ralph was at Eliza's apartment with his sister Katherine. "Kat, are you sure she will love these flowers?" Ralph asked, holding a bouquet of sunflowers. Katherine reassured him, "I know she will! Eliza told me how much she loves sunflowers." Ralph thanked his sister, "Alright. Thank you, Katherine, for helping me." She responded cheerfully, "Anytime, bro. Have fun, but not too much fun!" As she drove off, Katherine noticed a text on Ralph's phone. She decided to ignore it, thinking, It's not my business.

Eliza was startled when she heard the doorbell and opened the door to find Ralph standing there. "Ralph?! What are you doing here?" she asked, surprised. "I’m here to apologize about our argument and for ghosting you for the past two weeks. So, I brought you your favorite flowers and some cookies. Maybe we could watch 'White Chicks' together?" Ralph proposed, handing her the gifts.

"Aww, Ralph! Thank you!" Eliza responded, touched by his gesture. But she knew they had important matters to discuss, "But we do need to talk about us." Ralph nodded in agreement, "I know. Let’s talk."

Eliza led him into her apartment and put the flowers and cookies down. She took a deep breath before speaking, "Ralph, I love you and I want a relationship. But if being friends with benefits is all you want, then we should stop. I don’t want my feelings to get hurt."

Ralph listened carefully, understanding the gravity of the situation, "I know. To be honest, Eliza, our paths are different. You want to get married and have kids while I just want a non commitment relationship. My feelings for you have grown over the past year, but I don’t want a family. Despite having parents who have the best relationship, I don't want that for myself. So, I’m sorry, Eliza. That's just not for me."

Eliza nodded, appreciating his honesty, "Okay. I’m glad you're being honest. I think we should take a break. I need to think about whether I want to stay with you or let you go." Ralph responded understandingly, "I understand." Eliza thanked him and, trying to lighten the mood, Ralph asked, "Can we still watch 'White Chicks'?" Eliza laughed, "Of course!"

Meanwhile

"Hello, Byron," BJ approached unexpectedly, startling the man. "BJ? What are you doing here?" Byron asked, visibly taken aback. "I'm here to tell you to stop selling our weapons to our enemies," BJ said bluntly. Byron feigned innocence, "I’m not doing that!" "Yes you are. Stop playing dumb. I get it, you're mad your dad gave his company to your brother and not you, but don't drag my family into this to the point where you're selling our weapons to our biggest rival," BJ countered.

Byron scoffed, "So what? You're going to kill me? You know you can't do that! Carson is going to stop working for you guys, he may even stop seeing you." In response, BJ punched him, knocking him to the ground. Byron spat out, "Punch me all you want. You and your family are patheti..." He was cut off as BJ shot him. "He really shouldn’t have insulted my family," BJ said coldly.

"Dan, do you mind helping me clean up this mess?" BJ asked, looking over at his cousin who had been lurking in the shadows. Dan walked out, looking annoyed, "I can’t believe I agreed to do this." BJ just laughed, "Love you too, cousin."

0