Chapter 6
37 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 6 / vengeance

____________________________________________________

As soon as my [talent] activated, I feel goosebumps all over my body, making me alert as a forbidding aura surrounded the pond and me, especially from the front area were the water was pouring down from and going to another ravine.

''Fuck, I wasted too much time...''

'I need to head back to the base.

But at the same time, a sudden rustling, muffled crackling sound started being made all over the surrounding from random places, slowly coming closer and closer to the point where all the noises became too loud to distinguish from another.

'Where is...'

Before I could finish my thought process, a pair of dark orange-red eyes appeared and stared directly at me.

"!"

Opon seeing the appearance of the creature, l couldn't help but freeze, because although I know what it is, something is amiss.

'So that's why the forest got silent out of nowhere.'

A wolf pack was passing.

And now, they are here.

Or it could be that they live here and I didn't know.

'Well, not a 'normal' wolf pack.'

Their mane are a little darker than the previous one I fought, and the eyes and patterns are different too.

'Look like the one from before had a connection to their appearance, likely being followed and chased after an attack or something, because it was pretty injured at the pond where I found it.'

'They're not very close, about 40 to 50 meters from what I can see, beside the first one, three other wolf apeard near it and begin observing, they don't seem to be very angry nor aggressive from the look of it but that can change immediately.'

I tensed, not knowing how did I get into this situation, it doesn't make sense, like, not at all, to suddenly be surrounded by a pack of not 'very' normal looking wolves, they could be after the 'previous' wolf or the water from the pond.

'It doesn't matter, l must move fast.'

Immediately, I started searching for a way out but seeing no opening or escape route, knowing it is dangerous, I thought about other options.

'I can try fighting them and rotate around the area to get to the base but the trees and vegetation hinders my path, making it impossible for the 'current' me, as I didn't memorize the ways, ha...'

'Shit, looks like they're moving!'

Slowly, the first group of wolves started moving toward the opening.

'The only thing I can do to defend myself is to build a wall around the pond, which is the only open area for building anything remotely tall.'

Getting ready to move, I selected the Cobblestones, which made a cube appear in my right hand and started placing them in front of the pond, the speed at which the block was placed is outstanding, almost immediate, and my range of placement is roughly 4 meters, so after finishing the left side, I quickly moved toward the right side to finish of the 2 meters tall wall I left behind.

'They're almost here!'

Soon, I started sprinting and placing the Cobblestone blocks as fast as humanly possible.

'Unlike in the game, I can't jump over one meter, as I don't have the body to do it yet'

After finishing building the walls, a semi circle rocky wall, connecting the two side of the cliff beside the pond, l made a platform to see beyond the wall and check the wolves.

'Beside the first group of wolves which consists of four of them, the others are still in hiding so I can't count their numbers or know where they are.'

Soon, the first group reached close to 6 meters of the wall and begin eyeing me from the ground below as I stand on the platform I just made from Cobblestones, behind the main wall.

'They're slightly bigger than the average wolf but not too much to the point of being gigantic, hmm...'

"Grrrrrr!"

'Hm?'

Suddenly, the wolf on the left begin growling at out of nowhere with a very agitated expression at me.

'Hmmmmm?'

------------------------------------------------------

{Your Talent: [Awareness] is activated!}

[Danger level: E-==>E Rank]

------------------------------------------------------

'What the fuck did I do?!'

As the notification about the situation getting more dangerous appeared, all of them being collectively showing hostility toward me and the other three landed their gaze on my right arm as the left one was already looking at it.

Following where they look at, a sudden realization hit me.

'Blood.'

Looking at my bloodied sleeve, which was not mine, I looked between the hostile wolves and my dark red sleeve Continuously, until a distant thought reached me.

"I'm fucked."

{Your Talent: [Focus] is activated!}

'It's not that they are bigger than the previous wolf but more like the one from last time was too small.'

No, let me correct myself.

They are the 'adult' wolves.

The 'pup'.

The injured one was a child!

And I killed it in cold blood.

'I'm really fucked!'

Every speculation was wrong?!

'So let me get this straight, the one from before had to be their 'child' right? otherwise, why the hell Would they get mad over some random 'wolf' blood stain and a smaller one at that?'

What shit luck.

Why the heck was it alone and injured on top of that?

*Sight*

Because of [Focus] every unnecessary and unimportant distraction from outside got filtered out and I can think smoothly without any problem which means the speed is better than normal in 'this' situation.

'I really need to work on my power or Atleast anything usable like my talents as they can be supportive and...'

Let's not get distracted again.

"Haaa."

Looking at the wolves again, the only doable thing is to fend of against them if they tried to attack or surrender me and retreat isn't an option.

"Grrrrrrrr!"

Out of nowhere, a wolf jumped directly at me but failed to as it could only reach one third(1/3) of the height and fell down with a grunt.

"Grr!"

"Grrrrrrr."

Afterwards, one of the wolves gets near the wall and stops sideways, indicating another one to jump on it for some support.

'Now this is pure bullshit.'

they're not stupid, good to know.

Heh.

Taking my wooden spear out and preparing my sword, i get ready for the first 'attack'.

'I need to survive. no I will survive, surely...'

Looking at the farthest wolf as it get ready to jump, I resolved my determination.

'Come.'

The wolf dashes at the standing wolf, jumped directly onto the standing wolf back and...

'...at last...'

Looking directly in the furious wolf eyes, which is full of madness, I put the back of my spear on the platform I was standing on and pointed its sharp end directly under the descending wolf head and neck area.

At the last moment, the wolf's eyes widened in horror before the Spear tear through its head and coming outside of it, during all of this a wet and disgusting sound was heard, blood was dripping from every where and the smell was nauseating.

'Every the last one wasn't this bad...'

Blood.

Everywhere.

{Your Talent: [Focus] is strongly activated!}

'It doesn't matter.'

Focusing back, the tattered fallen wolf, now a corpse, falls back to the ground along with the broken spear as I let go of it.

Wiping my cheek with the back of my trembling hand, peering into the forest and looking at the wolves with cold eyes, I taunted them.

''Come at me."

''GRRRRRRR!!"

"GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!"

*HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWL*

after growling and howling, the other wolf apeard out of hiding, completely enrage and engulf in bloodlust looking for revenge, they marched toward me to avenge their fallen ally and family.

'This is going to be a long~long night.'

Looking at the almost setting 'suns' and the weird 'moons' in the sky from the opening area near the cliff, Cain takes a few moment to feel the warmth that the sunset provides and cherished it until the sound of the surroundings got too loud to handle.

'Let's enjoy this to the fullest...'

Soon, Shadow falls and night comes.

"Haaaaa, what a shame...''

Glowing Dark crimson pair of eyes everywhere.

"Now, let's test it and do it fast."

'Attributes.'

------------------------------------------------------

( Attributes )

◇ strength: 4

◇ endurance: 3.5==>4

◇ stamina: 3.5==>4

◇ agility: 3

◇ dexterity: 4

◇ vitality: 4^

◇ charm: 6.5

◇ intelligence: 7

◆ AP: 19

[A average state is 5]

------------------------------------------------------

'My instinct tells me to not touch the [Attributes] this early, as today is my first day... night and I don't want to disturb my balance or foundation but this 'time' I can't fall behind so the best course of action is...'

My intelligence.

To someone else, this might be 'stupid' or down right horrendous but this is exactly why.

'I need to make the right choices.'

If I raise my physical attributes, it can help me survive but for prolong battle and thinking, eventually I'm going to ran out of options and if I get distracted for even a single moment, I'm dead.

And as mentioned, it can help me in more ways than you might think, but first I need to test it out.

'Three AP to Intelligence.'

[Ding!]

------------------------------------------------------

◇ intelligence: 7==>10

◆ AP: 16`

------------------------------------------------------

"!?!"

Suddenly, an earth shattered headache struck me, making me wobbly and disoriented, leaning on the front wall, I stared at my front in a daze, not noticing the wolves as they get closer and closer because my eyes were out of focus.

my senses slowly started to come back and a refreshing feeling fills me.

 I can hear all the little pitter-patter and sound near me or ones farther but more vaguely.

I can see shit that are hard to explain, like some weird particles with different colors and almost nonexistent saturation or light in the 'space'.

My other senses are in a frenzy, like my sense of smell which made me frown from all the things in the vicinity, blood, dirt, grass, wet sand and more blood.

And the most important of them all.

My processing information.

Memory.

And understanding.

All in one.

'cognition.'

All that thoughts passed through in 2.4 seconds.

'This is insane...'

Just three Attribute points and this happened...

'What if I add mo-'

"Grrrrrr.''

Interrupting my monolog, I peek at the whole wolf pack for the first time.

'38.'

In less than 4 seconds, l Counted all of them.

'Hmmmm, I need more weapons...'

Opening the Status...

[+4 system notifications]

After making a crafting table and placing it beside myself, I crafted as many stone Sword and Spear as I could, while completely ignoring the message and weird added intersection because of the hectic scenario.

 ------------------------------------------------------

[1 Cobblestones][2 stick]

《 + stone Spear(Default) 》×(7)

------------------------------------------------------

[2 Cobblestones][1 stick]

《 +1 stone Sword(Default) 》×(6)

------------------------------------------------------

'The real fight begins now...'

0