(Rewrite) Chapter 17: School Day (Part 2) – Harmony in Laughter and Shadows in the Distance 
482 3 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Hina’s P.O.V.]

As we were getting changed back to our normal uniform, I looked at Eri with a slightly worried look, my fox ears drooping a little, and asked, “Are you sure you are okay? You don’t feel weird or still hurting anywhere?”

Yami-nee looked at me with some concern before Eri smiled and started rubbing my ears, causing me to relax a little and purr. Then she replied, “I promise, I feel perfectly fine. In fact, I've never felt better. It’s sweet that you're still worried about me, but I love seeing your smile even more.”

Hearing Eri’s response made my face turn bright red, and I mumbled a little, “I love seeing you smile too, you know.”

Eri giggled a little and looked at me with love-filled eyes and said, “I love you so much.”

My face became even brighter, and I replied, “I love you too.” As we were starting to leave the atmosphere and go to our own pink world, Yami-nee brought us back to Earth when she started rubbing my other ear that Eri wasn’t rubbing, causing me to purr even more, and petting Eri’s head who responded with a glare. Yami-nee started laughing at our opposite reactions and said, “You two are making me feel a little jealous, going to a new world without me, and it seems that a certain friend of ours is starting to get a little impatient.”

Yami-nee looked over her shoulder and nudged her head to where we saw a fully dressed Sakura standing next to Sayori, who was as well. She had a hand on her hip and was tapping her foot with an exasperated smirk on her face. She then sighed and said, “While this scene is really cute and sparkly, you two should remember where we are.”

Eri and I both looked at each other and then around the room, and we noticed all the girls were looking at us with sparkling eyes. Both of our faces became bright red, as Sayori and Yami-nee started laughing.

I immediately fell to my knees and hid my face behind my tails, then I yelled, “Eri, you baka!”

Everyone started laughing at my reaction. Then after I calmed down, Eri got me and herself dressed in a rapid manner. I was still a little pouty after being embarrassed for the 100th time in the dressing room. When Sayori patted my head and said, “It’s okay, Hina; everyone thinks you two are cute when you get like that. Even Sakura.”

“Sayori!” Sakura stammered with a slightly red face, which caused both Eri and Yami-nee to give her a teasing smile.

“So, cheer up, let’s go eat lunch.” Sayori continued while giggling at Sakura.

My ears twitched when I heard Sayori mention lunch, then I replied, “I completely forgot it was lunchtime. Thank you, Sayori.” After which I gave her a hug, to which she hugged me back while laughing, and said, “You're welcome.”

I started walking at a swifter pace to the vending machine, saying, “Come on, everyone, let’s hurry; it's time for food.”

As I was walking even faster, I could hear Sakura say, “She was one of the two that held us up, and now she is rushing us.”

Sayori, Eri, and Yami-nee all started laughing at Sakura’s statement, before Eri and Yami-nee caught up to me and held my hands.

Sayori and Sakura soon caught up with us as well, and I started singing, “Meat, meat, cookies, and meat.” My tails were swaying happily from side to side, following the rhythm of my song as we walked.

After we stopped and got our drinks from the vending machine, we finally made it to the classroom.

We all pulled out our lunch boxes, and my eyes sparkled when I noticed that Sayori and Sakura had the same lunch.

“Y’all have the same lunch,” I cheered.

Both Sakura and Sayori started showing a slight blush. Sakura then sighed a little and said, “My mom is away for a business trip, so I asked Sayori if she could make me lunch.”

I smirked a little, and Eri said, “That was nice for you to do, Sayori, especially with how Sakura loves your food.”

I giggled as both Sakura and Sayori became an even brighter shade of red.

“Hush, you baka,” Sakura hissed as Eri and I started laughing even more.

Yami-nee laughed to herself as well, but it seemed as though she decided to seize an opportunity and give me the first offering while Eri was distracted, as I noticed she was messing with her lunch box. She then grabbed a piece of fried chicken out and called out, “Hina.”

I turned to look at her and asked, “What is it, Yami-nee?”

“Say aww?” Yami-nee said as she held her chopsticks to my mouth.

My fox ears twitched happily, and my tails started swaying back and forth as I smiled, saying, “Nyaaa~,” as I took a bite.

Yami-nee giggled, looking at my reaction, and asked, “Is it good?”

“Mmh, it’s so good,” I mumbled as my eyes sparkled while savoring the taste.

Eri, who finally noticed that Yami-nee fed me first, grumbled, “Hey, no fair,” before she quickly grabbed a piece of meat from her lunch as well and tapped my shoulder, saying, “Hina, you can have some of mine too, say aww.”

My tails started moving even faster, and I did as I was told, saying, “Nyaaa” again. As I was happily eating, I heard Yami-nee say in a quiet tone, “Hina’s way of saying ahh is just too cute. I want to take her home.” As they both watched me eat with bright smiles, Yami-nee grabbed more meat from her lunch to feed me.

Sayori and Sakura both watched on, as Sakura showing an exasperated smirk and said, “You two won’t have any lunch for yourselves if you keep feeding her, you know.”

Eri and Yami-nee both looked at Sakura with a confused look, and I looked at Sakura with a pitiful look, implying to ask her not to stop them. It seemed my reaction caused them to ignore Sakura’s advice and start feeding me even more.

As Sakura sighed like she gave up, Sayori giggled and said, “Let them have their fun. Besides, we are all going to Hina’s house after school to eat her cooking anyway. I bet they are saving their appetite for then.”

I, who had chipmunk cheeks full of food and couldn’t speak, looked at both Eri and Yami-nee with a quizzical look, asking if Sayori was right. They both laughed a little and said in unison, “Of course, Hina’s cooking is the best.”

I finished swallowing and showed a bright smile, saying, “If that is the case, I will do my best to cook you everything you want today.”

They all smiled at my excitement, and Eri and Yami-nee both started petting my tail, while Sakura and Sayori reached over, rubbing my ears, causing me to purr and go into a daze from the pets. We all said in unison, “We can’t wait.”

After I finished eating the lunches Eri and Yami-nee fed me, I started eating my own when I felt like I saw a shiny blue glimmer move quickly from the classroom door. I stared at the door for a minute as my ears twitched with curiosity as to what I saw. For some reason, I felt a sense of longing for whoever or whatever that was.

My expression caused some worry as Eri and Yami-nee looked at me with concern, and Eri asked, “Hina, are you okay?”

I smiled to show I was fine and answered, “Mm, I’m fine; I just felt like I saw something.”

They both gave a slightly worried look, and Yami-nee asked, “What did you see?”

“It felt like I saw a shiny blue glimmer run away,” I answered honestly, before taking a drink of my strawberry milk, only to realize it was empty.

Yami-nee, who seemed to be thinking about something, noticed my drink and said, “I am going to get another drink; do you want another one too, Hina?”

I smiled as my tails started swaying happily and said, “Mm, strawberry milk please.”

Yami-nee giggled and said, “You got it,” before patting my head and getting up to leave.

“Thank you, Yami-nee,” I said with a bright smile, my ears twitching happily.

"Of course, anytime," Yami-nee replied while laughing before leaving the room.

As she left, I began to think about all that she has done for me. 'I kinda wanted to go with her; it feels weird when she's gone, it feels a little like when I am not around Eri.'

As I was thinking to myself, Eri patted my head and gave me a smile before saying, “She will be back soon.”

I smiled, appreciating how even if I don’t say what I am thinking out loud, Eri always knows. We then started talking about what they wanted me to cook for them later.

[Yami’s P.O.V.]

When I got out of everyone's sights, I started tracing the presence I felt when Hina noticed a blue glimmer. They moved away quickly when Hina noticed them, however, after a minute or so, I caught onto where they were. I noticed they were standing in a secluded area as if waiting for me, so I moved quickly.

When I arrived, I saw a familiar and beautiful girl, that I have met only once before. She had long blue hair with braids and golden eyes, also wearing the school's standard uniform. I noticed she was wearing a robe with a hood, that had the anagram P.F.C, and the title president underneath sewed onto the right side.

“You're that dragon girl, that helped me with those slaves when the mistress dealt with that family. What are you doing here, why were you watching us, and are you really the president of Hina’s fan club?” I was surprised, asking several questions in a row.

“Hey, I’m not just any dragon; I am a holy dragon and one of the destined for the next Goddess our Princess Hina. For your other questions, I made the fan club to always protect our Princess.” She answered with a slight huffy attitude before it turned into one of pride.

“Okay, then, Mrs. Holy Dragon, I am glad you are helping protect Hina, but I will have you know I am destined to be Hina’s second partner. Besides, if you are truly meant for her, why are you hiding and watching from the shadows like a stalker?” I asked, feeling slightly annoyed at her attitude and confidence.

“Orders from the Goddess, she told me it was too soon for Hina and me to meet, so please don’t mention me to anyone. She also told me to keep a close eye on the Princess without being seen.

Since you caught me, I am sure it’s fine if inform you myself. There is a new evil coming after the Princess. They slipped under our radar when we were dealing with the others, but they are starting to move. The Goddess believes they will make their first attempt in a soon. I have already informed Kyoko-sama, and Aiko-sama, they were going to tell you and Eri together. You all need to come up with ways to increase the Princess’s followers so she can unlock her powers. Neither the Goddess nor any of us want Princess caught in the fight, but it would be best if she can protect herself.”

I froze, thinking that Hina could be put in danger again, before an intense rage washed over me. Even the holy dragon girl standing in front of me shivered at the immense killing intent that started releasing from me. “Why can these bastards leave Hina alone? She is finally happy and having fun?!” I cry and scream out.

The girl looked at me with understanding and concern before saying, “I understand how you feel. I have also been watching over the Princess even when she was with that family, not allowed to do anything. But this time we can be prepared; please calm yourself down before you cause the normal humans to pass out from your bloodlust and raise Eri and Hina’s concerns.”

“Your right; I’m sorry. So you got to see everything firsthand too, huh? I guess we both share memories we would rather forget. I will calm myself down and head back. I just realized you never told me your name when we met last.” I replied as I take deep breaths calming myself down.

The girl smiled a little before saying, “My name is Iris.”

I smile back and say, “It is nice to officially meet you. Though I am sure you already know, my name is Yami. I guess I should head back to Hina and Eri.”

“Yes, we don’t want the Princess to worry after all. I am sure we will see each other again soon.” Iris replied with a tone that seemed to be filled with confidence and wisdom.

“Goodbye for now, Iris.” I replied before I started leaving the secluded area.

When Iris called out to me and said, “Yami, one more thing.”

“Yes, what is it?” I asked.

“Don’t forget the Princess’s strawberry milk.” Iris answered, causing us both to laugh a little.

“Of course not.” I replied before finally leaving, heading to the vending machine.

‘Another threat, when will it end, I wonder?’ I asked myself as I began to go back to the classroom.

When I arrived, I immediately relaxed when I saw Hina’s smiling face as she noticed I returned and started running to me giving me a hug. ‘She's reacting to me coming back like she does with Eri.’ I thought to myself as I hugged her back, before making an internal vow, “No matter what comes before us, I will protect her happiness and smile. I won’t stand around and watch anymore. Anyone who so much as looks at Hina the wrong way, I will end them.”

 

Author Notes: Hello, everyone! Long time no see; sorry for the lack of update. I have been sick since getting home from visiting family, still not feeling very good, to be honest. As I reread on the last chapter, I've realized it might not have lived up to the quality I aim for in my writing, partly due to my health. So, I took the time to rework it and present a new version. I hope you find it more enjoyable, and I appreciate your understanding. Looking ahead to the next chapter, I'm curious about your preferences. Would you like to see the continuation of the school day combined with the walk home, or would you prefer to skip to the walk home and the cooking party at Hina and Eri's? I want to thank everyone again for the support for this series. Until next time, bye-bye.

Some Images of Hina and Eri:

Favorite Rewritten Scene: Choose your favorite scene from the rewritten chapter.
  • Sweet Moments: Hina and Eri's interaction Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Protective Instincts: Yami-nee's vow and determination Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Dramatic Revelation: Iris's news about the new threat Votes: 3 17.6%
  • All of it Votes: 8 47.1%
Total voters: 17
11