The Power of Monsters and Magus Humans – Explaining Magic Arc (2)
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Swan here again. I am no longer a shadow hunter, I wasn’t one when I was one even when I wrote the first note but I had to keep it a secret from everyone. I was still at a shadow hunter base and I couldn’t afford to be seen.

Now, in this note, I will detail 2 particular things, monsters and magus humans, their biology, and how they use magic. I will keep everything short because I don’t have much time to write these notes. Things around the base can get pretty busy.

Now, let’s start with the easiest category, Magus Humans:

They are humans who can use magic, you can either be born or made into a Magus Human. The process of how Magus Humans are made isn’t mysterious, but it is dangerous, you need to absorb the power of a magic cluster, and obtaining too much power from a magic cluster will result in you turning into a humanoid class magical anomaly.

Normally humans can’t use magic, but they have some special vessels called mana vessels that direct mana in their bodies, with the mana in their bodies they can influence the mana outside of their bodies to take shapes and change elements.

It is unknown why humans are born with so little mana that they can’t use it, we have no theory on it currently.

A Magus Human is a human that can use magic and influence the magic around them. Like any magical creature they gain something called an “Aura” or “Haki”, these terms are used by either humans or monsters to refer to it. This “Haki” or “Aura” offers them a special ability that is unique to them, abilities are limited and an individual can have an ability someone had a long time ago. The only document abilities that stem from Haki are:

Total Nullification(As the name suggests, it can nullify everything that aura touches and envelops, be it a natural law or logical principle)

Carbonification(It is the ability to turn everything into carbon and forms of carbon, be it graphite or diamond)

Flame Shield(The ability to control and change the control of flames)

Infinity (Can control gravity and space)

The Upside Down (One of the few Haki’s that has synergy with another Haki, I noted both of them in one name. It allows the users to enter a spiritual form for a short amount of time and pass through objects or even attack from impossible places.)

Gates of Izanagi (Allows the users to slow down time for themselves)

Gates of Izanami (Allows the user to seal living beings inside themselves)

By the Will of the Gods (Allows the user to transport things between the real world and a pocket dimension)

This will be it for documenting Haki’s for monsters, humans get more basic Haki’s, unlike monsters.

On the topic of monsters, these are magic-born humans that can use a certain form of magic named the Blood Arts.

The Blood Arts use the monster’s blood, hence the name. Due to a biological limitation, monsters can only use magic through their blood, this is due to their mana vessels being fused with their blood vessels, which results in another peculiar effect, immortality and age-stopping. Monsters stop aging at around 20 to 25 years old, some sooner, some later. The fact that they have mana inserted inside their blood means that they perform better in every way than the average human. There are several remaining monster species, ranked in order:

Spirit Tamers (They possess lower regenerative capabilities than most monsters and often prefer to use spirits as weapons)

Vampires (They have the special ability or regenerate faster by consuming blood of any type)

Demons (They can reattach their heads after them being cut off, but they must do that in 3 or so hours)

Vessels (This species is interesting as it doesn’t operate on its own, it’s just a corpse animated by an Entity, the original consciousness retain around 10% of memories or none at all but they receive certain skill from the entity and can awaken up to 4 skills themselves, these are separate from the Haki)

Entities (Spiritual beings formed of pure magic, either former humans, spirits, or monsters)

Divine (is what humans call gods, but in truth, these are monsters on steroids)

Now, without making this note longer I will get into the blood art and the vessel abilities.

The blood arts are self-explanatory. Things you need to know, monster blood can be transformed into crystals that can be made into weapons.

Blood Arts:

Blood Transformation (Fire, Ice, Wind, Earth, Ice)

Soul Weapon Summoning

Weapon Summoning

Exploding Blood

Crimson Crystal

Exploding Crimson Crystal/s

Blood Clones

Blood Thinkering

Now let’s move on to vessel abilities. I will only note those that are known to us at the current date:

Life-giver( Allows revival of the dead at the cost of your lifeforce being drained little by little)
Reversal (Allows to reverse effects and causes, can also reverse chances)

Hyper-reality (Allows a hyper-realistic illusion of reality to be created)

Dimension 1 (Allows the creation of a pocket Dimension)

Switch (Allows you to switch with objects or living beings in position)

Flame of the Green god (Allows the creation of green flames that burn everything)

Waypoint (Allows the user to open portals)

Impenetrable (Allows you to avoid damage for 5 seconds, every 5 seconds)

Pass-Through (Allows you to walk as a projection from your pocket dimension)

These are all the Vessel abilities that I know. I will try to clarify more on my other notes but I think I will end this note shortly. My writing was hasty but I have no other choice. As I am writing this note, Base M#3 is being attacked by shadow hunters. I have to go and defend the base and help. Who am I joking I am just the girl who deals with the logistics of a monster base. Anyway, this will be it for today’s note. Captain Swan will be signing out for today. Take care if you read this note.

0