Chapter 4: Report on the hero
9 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

POV: Cerise 

 

Walking briskly through the mansion, papers in hand. Cerise reached her master's room and knocked on it "Milord, may I come in?" A soft reply could be heard from the inside "Yes, come in." slowly opening the door she could see her master reading through a book lying on the table. His eyes still glued to the book even after she came in. She bowed and continued.

 

"Milord, I have the report that you wanted from Theodore and Mrs. Gro ...ahem" she did a fake cough and corrected herself when she saw her master had turned around and was looking at her "And Vanera. But she wishes to talk to you directly. She can't leave her post so she asked for a call instead." Nodding, he asked for the papers. "Very good, Give me Theodore's report first then." Cerise gave the papers she was holding to him. Papers explaining what the hero was up to.

 

"I followed him from behind like you asked. The guy got pretty damn good offensive magic and detecting magic for someone who supposedly haven't use magic his whole entire life, but he still didn't caught me watching though.

Just like you said, he's heading for Volunm. He made a slight detour, though probably by accident and was on the edge of that Misty forest you know? A few Cromboar even attacked him but he dealt them with one spell. Can you believe it? I don't understand the logic behind this summoned heroes strength at all." The report continues with other small details.

 

She had read the report before giving it to him, so also understand why her master was just as speechless as she was when she was reading it. Slowly putting the papers down she could see her master began pondering. She stayed silent not wanting to disrupt him. 

 

"It wasn't like Cromboar was such a strong monster. But to have killed it when the person had only learned for magic one week? Was something like that even possible? I don't know what to make of it.

 

"Excuse me, Milord." Not wanting to waste her lord's time any longer she continued her duty."Should I prepare the Crystal mirror?" The very idea having to prepare Mrs. Grovn line to connect to her lord ached her. The pain from the scars all over her body and face was like an an ant bite compared to letting that wench talks.

 

"Yes I would like to hear Vanera's opinions on this but before that, I have to ask. How is Rosalee doing?" 

 

Rosalee Mulv that new elf. The one with the eyes of the world.

"As you command she has been sent to the strongest cell. She is being educated as we speak." 

"Has she tried to resist or deny any claims?"

"She haven't done anything yet. She took the approach of staying quiet and listen first, we don't know of her opinions. She did try to ask for my help as a fellow elf but I simply ignored her."

"I see, alright after talking with Vanera I'll head to her cell and see what she has to say."

 

Taking that as her que she took out the crystal mirror connecting to Mrs.Grovn. After blinking for a while the mirror turned blue and a voice came out of it. She doesn't have one word to describe her feelings towards her but if she had to it would most likely be...

 

"Ah! Darling! Lover! I didn't expect you to call me, did you miss me already? That much huh?"

Hatred

 

"While I enjoy your pleasantries Vanera I would like to talk about the hero as quickly as possible."

"How boring, but very well. I've been studying him and though I'm neither an elf or a spirit even I can tell his a monster. I mean we can beat him no problem right now. But I don't know whats going to happen later in the future should he keep growing like this, were you even that strong? Tell me Edward are you able to put a leash on this monster or is this gonna be a problem that will bite us later down the line."

He didn't say anything. He most likely doesn't have much he could do but to nip the bud should signs of this situation going south. 

"We only have to make sure to grow him in the way that would benefit us. I have placed people all over to make him move in a certain direction." A tired sigh could be heard.

"Look Edward. Its not gonna be as simple as that, you out of all people should know how scary humans can be. You should consider-"

 

before she could finish her sentence Cerise chimed in.

"You've gone way above your line Mrs.Gorvn. I think its best if you show him a bit of courtesy and respect when you're talking to him."

The mirror went quiet until a chuckle could be heard.

"haaaaah crippled, scarred, ugly and jealous. His not gonna love you, you know? And who do you think you are? If he has a problem with the way I speak then we would have said it, so shut your mouth maid and wait until you are spoken to."

A loud crack could be heard yet nothing psychical was broken.

"Is that so? My mistake it seems I've gone way above my line myself though I am a maid for Lord Edward I wouldn't mind being a maid of the prestigious house of Grovn as an apology! Where is your husband? I shall serve the happy couple to the best of my abilities!"

 

"...I'll kill you bit-"

"Enough! I'm hear to listen to the report not a squabble."

"Apologies milord." and she bowed her head.

"Hehe sorry darling. You know me and her was only having a friendly chat like always, but I'll continue. After being summoned he immersed himself in studying the content of the books from anything to magic, language, history etc... He took in so much in just a week thaat even if we don't consider his power. His prowess to learn is certainly frightful."

"I want to know the specific of what learned on a more detailed report later but I heard from Theodore that he killed a Cromboar with a single spell? How much truth is in that."

"Its true after leaving the cave he stumbled himself to The Forest of Disappearance and met a few Cromboar and kill them with a single spell and it wasn't even a high tier spell. He used Lighting bolt but the output was stronger than any elves I've seen casting the same spell and I thought Merlin was a monster."

"Very well its most likely that summoned people are most likely just talented by default. I will need to have Merlin and Reine opinions on this. After that what happen?"

"Nothing much. He continued his way and enter the city no problem. He joined a party and is slowly getting used to this world. Theodore and that girl from the guild will do the monitoring and control now. I need to continue my research."

"Thank you very much Venara. I appreciate all your help."

"Its fine, even I have my own revenge plot huhuhu. Just make sure to contact my daughters they have also been waiting for your call."

After that the mirrow lost its glow and reflects her master's face.

 

She took back the crystal mirror and asked

"Is there anything you need milord? If not I shall take my leave."

"Yes, prepare the carriage. I'll head for Volunm after meeting with Rosalee. I need to make sure no know notice that a hero was summoned especially Hugo or Barnaby." He got up from his seat.

"I will get it done milord." and left the room.

 

She wondered how this will all turn out in the end. So long had passed yet still so many obstacles, but she believed that everything will turn out well for her lord no matter what. Because Edward had been preparing this day for five years.

 

Feeling assured of her lord's success she quickly do as she was told and prepared the carriage for her lord.  

0