Chapter 13 “Their Next Step”
196 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While cuddling Yor on his side in the bed, Noah's eyes were looking at the ceiling in the room. He was thinking about the things that happened, and he was thinking about the next step he should take in regard to rescuing Anya.

The night was quiet, and the only thing that could be heard was the sound of their breathing. Noah was thinking about his situation and how he would deal with it.

He can't just keep her distracted by other things like this, and he needs to think of a plan on how he should rescue Anya.

Though, currently he doesn't have any idea how to make a move now. He totally relies on Fiona's help in tracking down the kidnapper now.

"Hopefully, Fiona will be able to track them down and lead us to their location. That's the best I can do for now."

While he was in deep thought, there was a notification on his phone. It was a message notification from the app that Echo installed on his phone.

He tried to shove Yor away without disturbing her sleep and grabbed his phone. When he opened it, he saw a message from the app.

[Traits Unlocked: Enhanced Speed and Agility]

[Traits Unlocked: Enhanced Intellect]

Noah was surprised when he read the message and checked the app. He remembered from Echo that the more he spent quality time with them, the more traits he'd unlock.

Increasing both his and Yor's chemistry in this way does indeed boost the process of him getting Loid's traits, which are speed and agility.

Noah looked at Yor, who was sleeping soundly and comfortably in his arms. She looks so cute and innocent when she's sleeping. He can't help but plant a kiss on her head and hug her closer to his chest.

He put his phone away and started to think about what he should be doing. The most probable way is to check on Fiona on how the investigation is going.

If it's almost done, then it's just a matter of time before they start executing their plan on how they will rescue Anya.

"I need to call Fiona tomorrow and see how the investigation is going."

That was the last thing Noah thought of before slowly falling asleep.

----

Yor's eyes slowly opened up, and she could feel the light coming from the window.

She was resting on Noah's shoulder, and she could feel her naked body next to him. She looked at his sleeping face and smiled.

Last night was so wonderful and so intimate. It was something that she never felt before, and it was all thanks to him.

"Thank you." She muttered before planting a kiss on his forehead.

After that, she slowly got up and went to the bathroom to take a bath.

Meanwhile, Noah was still sleeping and was awakened when he felt the bed shift. When he opened his eyes, Yor was nowhere to be seen.

When he looked at the time, it was only 7 AM in the morning. It was way too early for them to get up, and Noah wanted to sleep some more.

He was about to close his eyes again when the door to the bathroom opened, revealing Yor in a bathrobe.

"Oh, you're awake. Good morning."

"Morning..." Noah greeted her. He sat up from the bed and looked at her.

"What are you doing?"

"I'll be taking a shower since we had a playful one last night. You can go back to sleep. I'll be quick." Yor said.

She didn't wait for his reply and went to the bathroom. Noah watched her leave and laid back on the bed. He was about to close his eyes again before a notification on his phone popped up again.

He got a message from Fiona. He sat up and opened his phone to see the message.

[I've found a piece of information regarding the person in question. We can talk about it more in person.]

Looking at this, he smiled. Finally, there was some lead for searching Anya on his side.

[I'll meet you in an hour at the usual place.]

He sent the message and put his phone down. When he did, he heard the water of the shower turning off. Not long after, the bathroom door opened and revealed Yor dripping wet in her bathrobe.

"I regret not waking up earlier to take a shower with you together." Noah teased her while smiling at her.

She chuckled and shook her head. "There is plenty of time for both of us. Maybe we can do it together later at night?"

"I'll be looking forward to it."

Noah stood up from the bed and walked towards her. When he was close, he leaned down and planted a kiss on her lips. Yor returned the kiss, put her hands around his neck, and pulled him closer.

When they broke the kiss, he looked at her in the eyes. "Yor, I need to go. I need to meet up with someone."

"Oh...is it something related to Anya?" She asked.

Noah nodded, "Yup. They have found a piece of information regarding the person we're investigating. I'm going to meet up with them to discuss our plans."

"Can I come with you?" She asked.

The request took Noah aback. If Fiona and Yor meet each other, things could go weird later. He doesn't want anything bad to happen to the two.

"No, it's fine. I'll just tell you everything that happened later when I got home. But right now, I really need to take a shower and go." Noah touched her cheek.

"Alright then. Can I ask when you will be coming back?" Yor said. Although she was disappointed that she wouldn't be able to come with him, she understands the situation.

He thought for a while, "I'm not sure, but it's probably going to take a while until night since there's so much to discuss."

"That's alright. In the meantime, I'll go out to take a walk and find something to eat later when you're back. So that you don't have to wait in line for hours like yesterday." She said.

"Thank you. Just take the things on the table if you need something."

After that, Noah went to the bathroom and took a shower. He dressed up and went out of the room to find Yor sitting on the couch. When she noticed him, she stood up and went to him.

"I'll be going now. Take care of yourself later, okay?"

"Okay, you take care too. I'll be waiting for you later." Yor said.

He leaned down and gave her another kiss, but this time it was more passionate. When they broke the kiss, Noah said goodbye and left the apartment. Yor just stood there and watched him leave.

When he left the room, Yor went to her purse and checked on the tattooed man's cellphone. She had sent several messages before to the people in his contacts that he'd be late or having problems coming to their place.

She tried to use social engineering to lure them and get more information regarding their hideout.

Today seems like a good day for her to make the next move, as Noah is going to be away for a long time.

----

After walking for 20 minutes, he finally reached the hotel where Fiona was staying. He entered the hotel and walked up the stairs.

When he reached the door of the room, he knocked twice, and the door opened. Fiona was wearing an office shirt with the sleeves rolled up and jeans.

"Good morning." Noah greeted her.

"Good morning, come in." She welcomed him.

He entered the room, and Fiona closed the door behind him. She went to the table near them and sat down, and he followed her.

"So, what's the update on the situation?" Noah asked.

"We finally got some information regarding the kidnapper." She throws some pictures that she got on the table.

It was the photo of Anya being taken somewhere else in the street. The photo that was given by the kidnappers to him through the letter and given to Fiona for closer inspection.

"The picture was taken somewhere specific here in this city, so it was easy for me to narrow down the location of the place given the characteristics of the surroundings." She explained.

"And?"

"We got our first lead. It's practically the gambling area, and as you already think it is, it's an underground bar."

"An underground bar?" Noah's eyebrow raised.

6