Chapter 14 “Meeting Fiona Again”
176 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

He pondered for a while, "Is it their hideout?"

Fiona nodded, "That's my guess since they're using it to host gambling events. But it is most likely not the place where they held Anya."

She pulled out another photo, which was the same picture of Anya being tied in a building.

"This might be where they held Anya. I'm not sure where it is, as there aren't any distinctive motives around the building itself. It could be any of the construction buildings around this region, but checking one by one is going to take a long time."

He nodded, "I guess we'll have to go to the underground bar to get more information about the construction building."

"Yes. However, there is a problem." Fiona said.

"What is it?"

"They have a tight security, so if we enter and try to gather information, it's not going to be easy. But there is a way."

"How?" He showed an interested look.

She started sharing more photos, "There is always a gambling event hosted every night. We could use that as a chance for us to gather information and possibly get in touch with the person in command of the bar."

He looked at the photo and said, "That's a good idea. We could play on one of the tables the whole time, ask the patrons at the game, and if we do well, we'll probably catch the hosts' attention."

"Exactly what I'm planning." She nodded.

He cupped his chin, "Though, we would need some kind of disguise as we can't risk going there without any identities if the situation turns out to be really bad."

"I already got that covered."

Fiona stood up from the chair, walked to the wardrobe, and pulled out a suitcase filled with clothing, wigs, and many more things for their disguise.

She gave him one of the "I have taken the initiative myself on preparing the things that we need for later. All we need to do is get ready for the event later tonight."

"You were already one step ahead. I like that." Noah smiled at her.

She tried to hide her emotion as she was blushing inside and looked away. "Well...I just didn't want to waste our time, so I tried to prepare something."

"Well, I'm really thankful for that. You did really good, and I appreciate it." He said.

Hearing this, her feelings were fluttering. She wanted to say something but was trying her best not to show her emotions. She remembered that she must not show any emotions, given he told her in her training.

She cleared her throat and said. "The plan for later we'll be playing on one of the blackjack tables. We'll play at the table until we get the host's attention, and then after that, we can question them in private."

"I guess that's all we need to do?" He asked.

She nodded, "For now, yes. Once we have gotten enough information, we'll proceed on executing our plan."

"Alright. So, is that all?"

She checked on the time, "Yes, that's all. We'll have to leave later at night as the venue will be open later in the evening. We have plenty of time to prepare."

Noah nodded and looked at the time as well. There was plenty of spare time until both of them went to the underground bar.

"I guess the only thing we can do now is to wait and prepare what we need later." Noah leaned back on the chair.

Fiona nodded and looked at him. She was staring at him, and he noticed.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

She looked at him and shook her head, "Nothing."

She was thinking about the idea of him staying in her hotel room. Just the two of them, in private.

It was something that she never thought would happen.

Fiona didn't know how she felt at this moment, and both of them would be like this for the next several hours. It was awkward.

Most of the time, she just stared at the table while thinking about something else, while Noah was just watching the television to help the time pass.

"Twilight, I have a question." She asks in a low voice.

"What is it?"

"If you don't mind me asking..." She looked away. "Do you ever think of taking a break?"

He was surprised at the question. It's a bit personal and not something that she would say at this moment.

"Of course. Sometimes, I just want to relax and do what I want. Though, the situation right now doesn't allow it." He replied.

"No, I mean," She paused for a moment, "Like...do you ever want to get married and have a family? Do you want to settle down with someone and quit as being a WISE agent?"

"Why are you asking this?" He was surprised at the question, as it was out of context.

"I'm just curious. Given that we have all been doing the same thing over and over again, even when we're in this place. It seemed that both of us never have a breather in life." She was trying her best not to show her emotions.

"If everything has ended and the world is at peace that could be left without my hand, I would. But if it doesn't, then I'll do what I need to do."

He leaned back on the chair and looked at the ceiling. "Though, that will only happen in my wildest dream."

"..."

Both of them were quiet and not saying anything. They were just looking at the wall and thinking things.

"I see." Fiona replied nonchalantly.

He looked at her and smiled, "What about you? Do you want to get married and have a family as well? You have someone that's in your mind?"

Hearing the last sentence, her eyes widened, and her cheeks were turning red. She shook her head and turned around to hide her blushing face.

"No. I don't have time for that." She tried to reply nonchalantly while looking at a wall.

Noah chuckled, "You should think about it as well. It's never too late."

She was just looking at the wall in front of her, not saying anything. She was thinking about the word she heard earlier.

'You have someone that's in your mind?'

That sentence lingers in her head, and she was having mixed feelings. She tried her best not to show any emotions, but this question made her heart waver.

She just looked at him on the side. He was sitting on the couch and just looking at the TV.

Fiona was trying her best not to show the redness of her face, and she was holding her hands together. She was trying to calm herself down. She can't believe she is having mixed feelings because of a simple question.

Fiona stood up from her chair and walked toward the door of the room. She grabbed her trench coat and put it on.

"I'm going out. I need to find something for both of us later." She replied.

Noah noticed this and said, "Alright. Take care."

When she heard his reply, she went out of the room. She walked away and went outside of the hotel.

She was walking in the street, and the only thing she could think of was his face and his question.

'Do I have someone that's in my mind?'

'Someone that I want to be with?'

Her heart was racing. Her palms were sweating. It was not the first time she felt these kinds of feelings, but it was something that she had never thought she would feel again.

She needed to clear her mind for now, as both of them needed to go on an undercover mission together later.

----

It was finally evening when they were done preparing everything they needed. Fiona wore a short black dress, while Noah wore a white shirt with a black jacket.

They looked like a couple that was about to go on a date.

"Are you sure that you'll be okay wearing that?" Noah looked at her outfit.

Fiona nodded, "It's for mobility, in case things go out of control. I don't need to be so lavish so as to keep a low profile."

"Well, I can only say you look good on it." He said.

She cleared her throat and looked away. "Anyway, we need to focus now. We'll be infiltrating the bar later, and we should act accordingly."

"Yes. Let's go together." He nodded.

7