Chapter 15 “Underground Bar”
134 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The two left the hotel and walked around the city. It was almost nighttime, and the place was busy. The buildings were illuminating, and the people were bustling around.

They walked through the streets and entered a building where the underground bar was located. There were a few guards standing in front of the entrance.

"This is it." Fiona said.

"Alright. Let's do this." Noah replied.

When they arrived, both of them were checking the entrance to see if it was indeed the location they were looking for. A couple of men were guarding the entrance, one of them crossing his hand and the other holding a tablet.

Noah and Fiona went forward and approached the two guards.

"Good evening, gentlemen." Noah greeted them.

"Identification, please." The man with the tablet asked.

Noah handed the two cards they had prepared for the infiltration, and the guard scanned them using his tablet. Fiona had made a fake identity for both of them and purposely made it as if they were both a couple.

The guard looked at them for a moment while they were looking at the tablet. He checked the names and the faces of both of them.

After a minute or so, the guard nodded and returned their card. "Welcome to the Lily, Mr. and Ms. Leveilleur. I hope you have a great night."

"Thank you very much." They both replied.

Fiona and Noah walked inside, and they saw that there were several tables placed around the room, each one of them being occupied by different people. They were playing games and drinking alcohol.

"Looks like it's going to be a busy night." Fiona commented.

"Yeah, looks like it." Noah replied.

"Remember what we need to do, getting the host's attention through the game. After that, we could question him regarding where they kept Anya." said Fiona as she looked around the venue.

Noah nodded, "Got it."

They both walked toward one of the tables and sat down on the seat. Both of them looked around and observed the surroundings.

The venue itself looked luxurious. It was decorated with gold and marble. The chairs were made of leather, and chandeliers were hanging on the ceiling. There were also waiters and waitresses serving food and drinks to the patrons.

Several guards were stationed throughout the room, keeping an eye out for troublemakers.

Noah and Fiona both looked at each other and nodded. They knew that all of their movements were being watched, given they were new here.

Both of them approached one of the tables and began talking to the dealer on the table. He was dressed in a black suit, and he looked quite intimidating. There were several patrons as well on the table.

"Good evening, sir. Would you like to join us?"

"Sure." He smiled at the dealer.

The dealer gestured towards the seats, and Noah and Fiona sat down.

"Alright, let's start the game." The dealer said as he began shuffling the deck of cards.

Fiona and Noah started to change their money into chips to the dealer, who handed them a stack of chips.

After that, they placed the chips on the table, and the dealer began to deal with the cards.

They were playing for the first game and betting on their chips. When Noah won, he took the winnings from the pot, and the dealer continued to deal the cards.

After they were done with the game, Noah and Fiona got the host's attention as they won several rounds of the game.

Both of them were counting the cards, and their strategy was flawless. Blackjack is a game where luck is not necessarily the deciding factor. It's more about the skill.

As long they keep counting the cards, both of them can predict whether or not their hands will be the winning ones. Although it could be considered cheating, but it was mostly just a strategy.

Due to the traits of [Enhanced Intelligence] that were given by the app to him in the morning, it helped him count the cards.

They were not losing a single game and were able to keep the flow of the game steady.

"It looks like you both of you had really good luck tonight." The dealer said.

Noah nodded, "Yes, indeed. We are quite lucky for tonight."

He gave them a small smile and continued to deal with the cards. They continued to play the game, and the more they won, the more they got the attention of the patrons and people around the table.

While playing, they noticed a man who was wearing a tuxedo and a bow tie. He was a man with a chubby build and a cigar in his mouth.

He was watching their game from afar. The man had a stern look on his face, and he was clearly observing them.

He was probably the owner of the place and the one that is in charge of the event.

Both of them noticed him and kept their attention on the game without drawing any unnecessary suspicion.

'We need to keep going, and hopefully, we could get the attention of the man.' Fiona thought and looked at him, giving him a signal.

Noah nodded when she looked at him. He knew that she was watching around the area to see if something had happened.

There was an atmosphere of excitement and tension in the room. Everyone was focused on the game.

Noah was winning and was accumulating a lot of chips. The other players were trying to catch up, but it seemed like their luck wasn't enough to match Noah's.

But not long after that, a chubby man with a cigar wearing a tuxedo and a bow tie walked towards their table, followed by several bodyguards. He had been watching the two for some time now.

The man was interested in the way that they were playing the game and the fact that they were winning every single time. He was wondering how they were able to win every single game.

"Looks like both of you are enjoying the night here." The chubby man with a cigar said to both of them.

Noah and Fiona stopped for a moment and looked at him. Both of them knew that the man was probably the owner of the venue or someone who was important.

"Well, we're on a streak here, and that would make anyone in the world to be thrilled, isn't it?" Noah replied.

The chubby man laughed, "Indeed, it is. You both seem like you are on a lucky streak. I would like to congratulate both of you."

"Thank you." Fiona replied coldly.

"Say, how about you two play with me on my table instead? If you could beat me, I would give you both a prize." The chubby man said while he was smiling.

Noah and Fiona both looked at each other. They knew that this was the opportunity that they were looking for.

The chubby man seemed friendly, but they knew that there was something suspicious about him. He might be just testing them or maybe trying to lure them.

But regardless, both of them accepted the challenge.

"Sure." Noah replied.

Both Noah and Fiona got up from the chair and followed the chubby man to his table. They walked past several tables and eventually reached a room that was reserved for the chubby man only.

Several guards surrounded the table, and the atmosphere was tense.

When they arrived, they saw there were two other people on the table. A skinny old man wearing a black suit and a young man with tattoos all over his body while wearing a tank top.

Both of them looked at Noah and Fiona. The old man seemed to be interested in the two newcomers. While the other guy just ignored them.

They were both playing a different game from the one that they had been playing. It was a poker game.

"Please sit down." The chubby man with a cigar said as he took his seat.

Both Noah and Fiona sat down and joined the table.

The chubby man with a cigar smiled and said, "This is a private room. You are free to wager everything you have. Oh, I forgot, where are my manners? My name is Louis Dupont. Nice to meet both of you, Mr. and Ms. Leveilleur."

He lit his cigar and blew a smoke.

"Nice to meet you as well, Mr. Dupont." Noah replied.

Fiona was quiet and just listened to the conversation. She knew that there was something suspicious about Dupont, and she was careful not to get involved in anything dangerous.

Dupont's demeanor changed, his smile faded, and a serious expression appeared.

"Are you here at the behest of someone else? Or perhaps looking for something?" Dupont said as he shuffled the deck.

6