Chapter 17 “The Blonde Lady”
130 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The tattooed young man started pulling out a trench knife, a dagger mounted on a brass knuckle, and charged toward Noah.

Noah clicked his tongue and quickly dodged the incoming attack. He tried to punch the man, but his attack was blocked.

The young man smirked and tried to slash him again. But Noah quickly dodged the attack and kicked him in the leg.

The young man groaned in pain as he felt the impact of the kick. He tried to counterattack by slashing his knife towards Noah's face.

Noah leaned back to dodge the attack but couldn't completely evade it. He felt a sting on his cheek, and he was bleeding.

Fiona noticed the bleeding and quickly turned her head to look at him. She was about to help him, but one of the guards kicked her, and she blocked it, even though the impact made her stagger a bit.

She clicked her tongue and glared at the guard. There are three guards now. The guards who were at Dupont's side joined with the other one to take down her.

Meanwhile, the young man who was fighting Noah was not backing down. He continued his attack and slashed his knife at him.

Noah tried to block his attacks, but the young man was relentless and pretty fast with his movements. All he can do is to find an opening and lunge a counterattack.

The young man keeps on slashing his knife towards him. Noah tried to evade the attacks, but it was proving to be difficult.

He felt another sting on his arm and shoulder as the young man managed to hit him with his knife. The young man kept attacking him, and he started feeling tired. His arms were getting sore, and he was losing blood.

The young man started to stab him in the abdomen, but Noah managed to evade his attack by moving to the side.

He took the chance, grabbed his arm that was holding the knife, and slammed him down. The young man fell down on the ground, and Noah quickly took the knife from his hands and stabbed him in the neck.

The young man screamed in pain as he was being stabbed. His eyes widened as the pain was unbearable. He could feel the warmth of his own blood flowing from his neck.

Noah kept his grip tight as he twisted the knife. The young man tried to stop him by punching him, but he just kept on stabbing him repeatedly until his body stopped moving.

On the other hand, Fiona was having trouble with herself. She had already taken down one of the guards, and there were two left.

She tried to stab the other guard with her knife, but he managed to block her attack and punched her in the stomach. She staggered a bit and blocked the other guard's attack.

"Shit." Fiona clicked her tongue as she was blocking the guard's attack. She was trying her best to keep her composure.

Noah saw this, and he was about to go help her. But then, he suddenly heard a voice coming from his left.

It was Dupont. He was trying to sneak away from this room by escaping through the door. Looking at this, he drew the knife from the young man's neck and threw it at him.

The knife landed right at the hand where he was trying to open the door knob, causing him to scream in pain. He fell down on his knees as he held his hand.

He tried to move his hand, but the pain was too much, and he couldn't feel his fingers anymore. The knife had pierced right through his hand, and blood was oozing out from it.

He tried to pull the knife out, but it was too painful for him. His face was full of fear as he looked at the blood dripping down from his hand.

"Stay where you are." said Noah while walking towards Fiona to help her.

She was struggling a bit, but she was still able to hold her ground against the two guards. Noah charged towards the guard behind her and punched him in the stomach.

The guard groaned in pain as the impact of the punch pushed him back. Noah didn't give him time to recover. He quickly grabbed his head and slammed him on the floor.

The guard was dazed for a moment, but Noah quickly grabbed him by his hair and pulled his head up. Then he smashed it on the floor, and the guard fell limp.

On the other side, Fiona was struggling against the last guard. She was blocking the guard's attack, but the guard was stronger than her, and she couldn't do much.

Noah ran towards the guard and kicked him away. The guard staggered a bit, but he was still able to stay on his feet.

He was about to attack him, but Fiona quickly lunged towards him with a dagger in her hand. She stabbed him in the neck, and the guard fell to his knees.

She pulled the dagger out, and the guard fell down on the floor.

"You alright there?" Noah asked as he looked at her.

Fiona nodded, "Yeah, I'm fine."

They were looking at the corpses that were lying around them. Both of them had several injuries, but it was something that they could handle.

Both of them nodded after checking the bodies. There was no one else here, but the two of them, and Dupont and all the people who were here had been dealt with.

They looked around and saw that Dupont had his hand stuck on the door. He was trying to pull the knife out, but his hand was shaking too much, and he couldn't pull it out.

Fiona walked toward him, pulled out the knife, grabbed his arm behind his back, and pinned him down on the table.

"Time to answer some questions." She said in a cold tone while pressing his back.

Dupont groaned, but he didn't say anything. He was trying to escape, but Fiona was holding his arm and not letting him go.

Noah walked towards the two of them and stood in front of Dupont. He took out a picture of Anya that was being taken away and tied in front of his face.

"Tell us where is Anya and why did your group kidnap her?" He said in a calm voice.

Dupont didn't say anything. He just kept on struggling and trying to get away.

Fiona was looking at him. She had a cold look on her face and was waiting for his answer. She knew that they could get some information from him, and they could save Anya at that moment.

She took out her dagger and started to press it on his neck, "Money and things that are lost today can be gained again at a later time, but life is not. There is no second chance once you've lost it."

Dupont didn't say anything and was breathing heavily. Fiona was pressing her knife hard on his neck, and it was starting to draw blood.

"Once again, where is Anya?" She said in a low voice.

Dupont was shaking, he could feel the cold blade of the dagger on his skin, and he could also smell his blood.

"Okay! I'll tell you, just stop." He said in a shaky voice.

Fiona removed the knife from his neck and looked at him. She had a cold look on her face and was ready to hit him if he tried to do anything weird.

Dupont paused for a moment, "She is kept at the Chrysler building construction site near the rural area of the town. They're keeping her by another group of ours who handled the kidnapping."

"Why did your group decide to kidnap her? Who ordered you?" Fiona asked.

Dupont paused, then he took a deep breath, "Someone, if you may, a lady, come to our place here with her and gave us a lot of money to keep her. She said that we could extort as much money as possible if we use her as a hostage for money."

"A lady?"

"Yes, a blonde woman. That was the only thing that she told us about her. She didn't give any other information other than her family. She said she was an easy target for us to get ransom money."

"Who is she working for? What is her motive?"

Dupont shook his head, "I don't know, she came out of nowhere and just said that."

7