Chapter 18 “Getting Out Of There”
258 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hearing this, Noah and Fiona looked at each other. There is another person involved in this case, and it might be more complicated than they thought.

But what is that person's motive? What is her plan, and what is her goal in this situation? Why would she bring Anya into this mess? How did she even find Anya in the first place?

Because based on what he knew, there wasn't any blonde-haired lady that he knew related to all of them. So, who is this mysterious person?

He looked at Dupont, "Are you sure she is in the place you mentioned? Because if I found out that you are lying, there will be consequences."

"I'm not lying, I swear. You can check my phone, and there will be information regarding her location." Dupont said.

Noah and Fiona looked at each other, and both nodded. Fiona searched Dupont's body and found a smartphone. She checked the phone and saw that there was a piece of information regarding Anya.

The place where they're keeping her, her condition, and her exact location. It seemed like the information was true, and there were no lies.

Both of them looked at each other and nodded. It was time for them to go since they already got what they needed.

Fiona then put her dagger around his neck and slit his throat quickly. It was a fast and easy death.

She let go of her grip, and the body fell to the ground. Dupont's lifeless body was lying on the ground, with blood pooling beneath him.

Fiona looked at Noah and said, "We might as well kill anyone that is in this room to avoid them notifying each other, and they would do anything to harm Anya, given we went to their hideout."

Noah nodded, and both of them proceeded to search the dead bodies and kill anyone that was alive.

She unlocks Dupont's phone and overrides it. She sends several messages to others that Dupont will be taking some time in private.

With this, they would at least have some time to get away and plan out how to get to the location—delaying the enemy to know what's going on about Dupont and the others.

They were now looking at the information. The place that Dupont had mentioned was pretty far from where they were and would take an hour or two to reach the place.

Assessing the situation, both of them thought it would be best to go back to their hotel room first and take a rest. The injury that they had gotten was quite a bit, and they needed to heal their injuries.

Besides, coming to the construction site in a state like this might be risky. They need to prepare a plan and think it through before moving.

Fiona can see that Noah's arm is bleeding, and there are some scratches and bruises on his body.

"We need to treat your wounds first." Fiona said.

She looked around and grabbed one of the guard's dead bodies. She tore his clothes and used it to bandage his wounds.

After that, she looked at him and said, "Let's get out of here. We need to treat your injuries first. We can't just walk around like this."

Noah nodded and walked towards the door. He opened the door and looked outside. Many people were still partying, and there was no sign that someone knew what had happened earlier.

It seemed that the other guards in this underground bar had not noticed anything. They were probably too busy and focused on their work, or maybe because no one was paying attention.

Seeing that there were no signs of danger, they both quickly went out of the room and tried to blend in with the crowd.

Both of them tried not to stand out too much and just blended in with the crowd. They didn't want to attract any attention, and the fewer people who saw them, the better.

After blending in, they tried to get out of the place as soon as possible. They can't take any chances since the others might have already noticed what had happened.

They managed to get out of the underground bar without attracting too much attention, and they called a taxi to take them back to the hotel.

The taxi driver saw their injuries and was about to say something, but Noah and Fiona paid him extra money. The driver was happy and didn't ask anything further.

During the whole ride, Noah and Fiona didn't say a word. They just looked outside the window and were thinking about what to do next.

After arriving at the hotel, both of them went to their hotel room. They locked the door and checked the room, and no one was inside the room.

They let out a sigh of relief, and Fiona looked at him.

"Take a seat on the couch. I will treat your wounds." She said while looking at his wounds.

Noah just nodded and walked towards the couch. He sat down and waited for her to bring the medical kit.

After a few minutes, Fiona came back with a small first-aid box and sat down beside him. She took out a disinfectant, poured it on a cotton ball, and started treating his wounds.

"This is going to hurt a little bit." She said as she pressed the cotton ball on his wound.

Noah felt a burning sensation, and the wound was starting to sting. He winced a little bit and clenched his teeth.

Fiona was carefully applying the disinfectant on his wounds, making sure not to press too hard or make him feel any more pain than necessary.

"Sorry, this is the last wound." She said while she was finishing the treatment.

After she finished, she put the disinfectant back in the first-aid box. She took out a bandage and started to wrap it around his wounds.

Noah just watched her as she was doing it and didn't say anything. He was just observing her movements and the expression on her face.

She was looking very serious and focused on her task, and she was carefully wrapping the bandage around his wounds.

Fiona was careful not to hurt him and was making sure that the bandage was tight enough so that the wound wouldn't open again.

Both of them looked at each other for a moment, and they remained silent.

"Thank you." said Noah as she touched her hand.

Fiona looked at him, and her heart was wavering,

"It's nothing." She said while looking at him.

For some reason, she felt her heart was beating faster. She looked away and started to clean up the medical kit that was scattered around.

Noah looked at her and said, "Are you okay? Are there any wounds that I can do to you in return?"

"No, I'm okay. I'm unscathed and didn't get hit much."

"You sure?"

"Yeah, I'm fine."

Both of them remained silent and just looked at each other. Noah smiled and gently stroked her hair.

"I'm glad."

Fiona blushed and looked away. She didn't know what to say, and her heart was beating so fast. She couldn't help but feel that her emotions were becoming more and more unstable, and she didn't know why.

She took a deep breath and tried to calm herself down, but her heart was still beating fast. She couldn't stop it.

Looking at this, Noah smiled because he knew what was going on inside her mind.

He just rubbed her cheek with his finger and said, "Thank you for everything back there. If it weren't for your help and everything, we wouldn't make it this far."

Fiona didn't say anything and just looked at him. She didn't know what to say, and her mind was a mess. She couldn't think straight.

"You did good, and I'm proud of you. Keep up the good work." He said as he put both of his hands on her cheeks.

She was trying to hide her blush and didn't say anything. She was embarrassed and didn't know how to react.

Both of their gaze met for a few moments, and they just looked at each other. Fiona didn't know what to do or what to say, she was feeling a lot of things right now, and she couldn't describe it.

Noah moved his face closer to hers, and their lips were almost touching. She didn't push him away and just looked at him.

Their lips were inches apart, and they could feel each other's breaths. Fiona was confused and didn't know what to do, her heart was beating fast, and she was feeling nervous.

She wanted to move away, but she didn't. For some reason, she didn't want to push him away.

Noah closed his eyes and leaned forward, pressing his lips against hers. He kissed her gently, and she kissed him back.

5