1: An Awkward Start
265 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Starless Immortal Path," a novel so mediocre that it made readers yawn three times while reading its first sentence. Yet Qin Xiyan, a modern women of questionable literary taste read the whole thing.

Well most of that reading involved skimming through the lines and scrolling to the end. But still, she read it.

Qin Xiyan had her reasons for reading this trashy garbage. She read this novel to kill time. She was bored, bored of waiting for other novels that she actually enjoyed to updated.

She wasn't a big fan of "Starless Immortal Path." It had nothing interesting; just an uninspired, cliché xianxia plot with the usual plot beats of a guy who rises from a mortal to a god by climbing a thousand mountains story.

As well as all the rare treasures fell into the lap of the male lead. And of course, the male protagonist was surrounded by a dime a dozen beautiful women, although he had to be dense as a brick to not realize that these ladies had their eyes on him.

When he did chase after one of his potential love interests the male lead would lose interest the moment a prettier, more talented woman showed up.

Just as Qin Xiyan finished the last chapter she was sucked into a dark vortex, and was brought into the novel itself. Now she found herself in the body of a certain cannon fodder white moonlight, a young women who dies right at the beginning of the story.

The Endless Sea is an ocean without water. An infinite void in which different realms float like islands. The Jinwei continent was neither the largest, nor the smallest, but it was a middle realm. Neither wealthy, nor poor. A land of middling size and middling fortunes.

A vast majority of this continents population were average mortals. Average lives and average families. It was rare for such a family to have a member go on to become a cultivator, less so for someone to reach the ranks of immortality.

And then, if by chance one of them did, they would often forget their humble roots and cut themselves off from their mortal family. In such a way, an ordinary person on the Jinwei could go an entire lifetime never seeing or hearing from a single cultivator.

Qin Ziyan was the name of the tragic first jade beauty who was supposed to be dead. Which was half the truth because while the original good's consciousness was gone, Qin Xiyan remained.

"What the fuck?" Qin Xiyan cursed as she looked at herself, she had a perfect figure, a picturesque complexion, it was almost as if someone put a permanent beauty filter over her face.

She possessed flawless beauty, like if she had stepped out of a painting, and she had a pair of lovely eyes. She had long hair that blew in the wind, white as snow.

Her strength seemed unfathomable, but her entire body emanated a natural aura that was synonymous with the cold. She gave off the impression of being an ethereal fairy, a person that was difficult to touch, a peerless beauty.

How did the original goods die in the first place? Well, she died due to a Qi deviation. To be more specific Qi Ziyan had a rare ice ying body constitution and because she never dual cultivated with a male, her body could no longer handle the build up of cold energy.

Qin Ziyan couldn't just fuck any random dude to solve the problem. It had to be a guy with an equally rare physique. Such as the void yang body constitution.

So upon forming a golden core Qin Ziyan's mind exploded. It was a traumatic experience that scarred the protagonist Xing Yuan's psyche, thus creating the tragic past needed for a young man to become strong.

"Well fuck, I'm doomed. Why do I always end up in shitty situations." Qin Xiyan shook her head and looked around. She was in a beautiful courtyard.

Presumably this had to be the home of the Qin estate. A large house with several dozen rooms and a courtyard. It was not the home of a noble, but was by no means a slum either. The Qin family were average unremarkable merchants, nothing to noteworthy.

Although because of the Zhuazhou, an object test that is done on a child's first birthday party fate changed. Out of various objects from coins to a book, Qin Ziyan picked up a sword and was destined for a life of cultivation.

So in preparation for one day joining a sect, elixirs and pills were given to the girl from a young age, increasing her aptitude. Sadly, the girl met an early end.

Xing Yuan and Qin Ziyan were childhood friends. They played together and studied under the same mortal martial arts teacher. Then, tragedy struck, and Xing Yuan watched his friend die in front of his very eyes.

Except Qin Ziyan now stood in the same spot where the white moonlight should've died. Stuck in her body while the original soul's fragments merged with her own.

Qin Xiyan felt a headache coming on, why was it her destiny to get into such messed up situation? She wanted to relax and keep reading web novels. But instead, she was thrust into the role of a one note cannon fodder character.

"S-shijie!" A young man rushed to her side. It was Xing Yuan. He was a young, handsome youth of eighteen years old. He had a slim figure, and a tall stature, he was a young man who would one day shake the heavens.

"Xing Yuan," she said, her voice was cold, and her expression was emotionless. "I'm not dead."

"But you were coughing blood a few minutes ago! I don't understand..." Xing Yuan said. His hands were trembling and a few stray tears ran down his cheeks.

"Relax," she said, her tone softening. "I'm alive, and well. I won't be dying anytime soon. So, dry those tears."

"Yes Shijie," Xing Yuan said.

For now the cold yin energy within Qin Xiyan's body was stable. Until it built back up again and the danger of a Qi deviation would return.

In that moment it was as if she was looking at a gift horse in the mouth. Because of course the protagonist just had to be the guy she needed. Xing Yuan had a rare physique.

The void yang constitution. It was the perfect counter to her own ice ying body. If she was going to be forced into this situation, the least she could do is use the resources available.

That being said Qin Xiyan was reluctant to go down that route. After all, she was a virgin and had little interest in sex. But since this was a matter of life and death, then she was willing to suck it up.

"Listen carefully Xing Yuan. This is very important," Qin Xiyan said, as she held the young man's shoulders and looked him in the eyes. "Do you trust me?"

"Y-yes," he said. "We've known each other since we were kids. I would do anything for you, shijie."

"Good, you're going to have to. Because I'm about to say some very crazy things." Qin Xiyan said, as a wry smile formed on her lips.

"W-what is it shijie?" He asked, gulping.

"One way to quickly form a golden core is to dual cultivate. You're only at the Qi gathering stage right? If we had sex, it could help you skip a few stages. And stabilize my condition."

"W-what?!" Xing Yuan's eyes widened. He blushed and his heart began to race.

"It's the best option, there's no other way," Qin Xiyan said, shaking her head.

"O-of course. For your sake shijie. If you're sure about this." Xing Yuan said.

"You don't have to pretend to be so nervous. I'm not trying to force you into this. If you really don't want to, we'll find another way," she said.

"No, I'm just a little surprised, is all." He replied.

"I'll make the preparations," she said.

As soon as Qin Xiyan turned her back and walked away Xing Yuan's innocent expression changed to something more sinister. A crazed devoted glint could be seen in his eyes.

4