Chapter 3
20 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Mallaithe!! Mallaithe..! What’s happening to her?!” The mother said, crouching down to Mallaithe’s body, placing her hand to Mallaithe’s forehead, “Her face is red, she’s getting hotter…” she mumbled, she looked up to the father, “Quick! Get a doctor!” the mother said and the father quickly complied when he saw a little girl blocking the doorway, it was Alice.

 

“Alice…” The father mumbled.

 

“Hurry!!” The mother screamed.

 

“Erk!” The father yelped in surprise, “Sorry, dear, if you’ll just excuse me!” he said, passing through the girl.

 

“Papa? Mama?” Alice said, her hands clasped on to her dress, “What’s happening?” she asked and when she saw Mallaithe, she wondered if it was because of her.

 

“Alice, why are you here?” The older brother asked, “You need to rest.” he said, “You haven’t fully recovered from the fall.”

 

“Brother… I’m okay.” Alice said, her lips curling up to a bright smile, “See? No casts!” Alice said, turning her head to Mallaithe, “And besides, I wanted to apo–!!” Alice quieted down when she saw Mallaithe’s glare, stinging into Alice’s neck and eyes. “S-sister… is something wrong?” Alice asked. The brother turns to look and sees how Mallaithe gazes at Alice.

 

The older gritted his teeth, “You!” clenching a fist, the brother stood up but was stopped by the mother, glaring at him with the same cold and harsh gaze like Mallaithe’s.

 

“What do you think you’re doing?” The mother spat, “Your sister is sick. And you’re still going to get mad?” she remarked. Lamix gulped, turning his head away with a slight guilt in his throat, his clenched fist trembling.

 

Mallaithe glared daggers at Alice while Alice, she stared back with a cold sweat running down her head. ‘I knew it, this girl is insane. No normal child would push someone off a building…’ Alice thought, ‘Geez… I almost died again because of her?!’

Mallaithe’s bloodshot eyes continue to stare when the mother blocked Mallaithe’s sight with the mother’s palm, “Look how tired your eyes are. You should sleep more, Mal.” the mother advises when she notices Mallaithe’s struggle to get out of her embrace. “Mal?” The mother questioned, causing Lamix to look back to see what’s happening only to see Mallaithe with a dagger out of nowhere. “Mal?!” The mother shouted, hugging her waist while Mallaithe tried to drag her body towards Alice but was only stopped by the mother.

 

Mallaithe’s hands face flat on the floor with a dagger in her hand, her glares dead set on Alice. Seeing this, Alice took a step back shocked, ‘A dagger?! Where did that child get that?!’ Alice thought when a hand blocked in front of her protectively by the older brother.

 

“See how insane she is?! That thing needs to go to an asylum or something!!” Lamix shouted, which made the mother tremble as she held tight on Mallaithe’s waist, not looking at Lamix, ignoring him and his words. “We’re your children too!” Lamix’s remark made the mother look up, her mouth in a frown as her eyes glistened.

 

“Over here!” A shout echoed together with two figures immediately entering the room, the father and the doctor but once they were inside, however, they saw Mallaithe with a dagger. After that, the father faced the mother with tears coming out, “I… I don’t know what’s happening to her…” the mother sobbed, “She was fine… But…”


Even with this spectacle, the father and the doctor quickly went to her aid. Lamix just observes the show blankly, his parents, disregarding safety of Alice, while it’s true that Mallaithe is sick but before all of that, have they not seen Mallaithe attempts to poison Alice before? Including him?

 

Mallaithe's view became blurry but her body wouldn't give up to crawl towards Alice, fortunately, she could not crawl further because of mother tightening her grip on the little girl. "Must... dispose of... you..." Mallaithe mumbled, hearing that by the mother, her breath hitched and raised a hand above before slapping Mallaithe's cheeks, reddening the side of her cheek.

"Anna! What are you doing?!" The father scolded, "She's sick! Get a hold of yourself!" he added, the doctor tended to the girl whose body became still and unresponsive, causing the doctor to have a sunken heart as he grabbed Mallaithe's hands to check her pulse. But as soon as the doctor's fingertips touched the cold, icy skin of Mallaithe, the doctor's eyes widened, it felt like a world came down onto his shoulders. The doctor snapped out when a hand was placed on his shoulder, "Doctor! What's wrong?! Is she alright??" the father asked but the doctor couldn't look his way. The doctor's lips trembled while his fingers traced Mallaithe's veins to find a pulse. "Doc?!" Seeing how the doctor didn't respond, the father became anxious, his stomach churning.

Alice felt immense confusion amid the chaos, 'What's happening now?? Did she die?' Alice thought, biting on her lower lip but relaxed when she thought, 'Ah... but this would be good... if she dies then I won't have to worry about her targeting me all the time...' Alice sharpened her gaze at the body, her heart thumping loudly -- excitedly -- for it to be dead.

0