Case of the Sauna (Part One)
18 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next day, Shikami called an acquaintance of hers from the funeral home and arranged the funeral for the afternoon, because she didn't want Ai Haibara to wait any longer to say goodbye to her sister. 

The funeral would be held in secret, because they couldn't divulge Akemi Miyano's identity, or the black organization would investigate and find out something about Ai. 

In the afternoon I arrived and the funeral was held, while only Shikami and Ai Haibara attended, being the only ones who knew Akemi. 

After the funeral, Ai tried not to cry but in the end she couldn't. The day ended sadly, and Shikami took her back to her house while Changshou prepared dinner for everyone. 

The next day, Shikami saw that Ai was indifferent to everything, as if nothing had happened, but he understood what she was feeling, and that's why he decided to enroll her in school. 

In her experience, being around children could help deal with bad things and knowing that Ai's childhood wasn't very good, it would certainly be good for her, at least she believes. 

For the first day of elementary school, Shikami personally accompanied her in his car. 

Under the eyes of many children, he parked and got out of the car, then opened the door for Ai and let her get out. 

Shikami who saw that he didn't seem at all happy about going to a children's school, told him with an embarrassed smile "I thought experiencing childhood from scratch might be exciting, especially since you didn't have a proper one."

Hearing his words, she looked at him with indifferent eyes but still went to school. 

" ... "  Shikami was surprised by this result, because he thought that he would say: I am older than them, and there is no point in attending school with children. 

Looking at his figure entering the school, I got into the car and drove away, and after half an hour of driving, I stopped and parked near a very ordinary house. 

He walked over and knocked on the door while saying "it's me, Shikami"

After that, the door opened and revealed the figure of an old man with white hair and a pair of eyeglasses. 

"The last time I saw you was a year ago, but I never expected that we would meet again, especially since you had a year to live. 

I'm happy that you can resist your illness, but you should enjoy the last moments of your life, and not come to visit an old man like me"

The elder was clearly surprised to see him, but a touch of sadness could also be seen, because he knew that Shikami didn't have long to live. 

Ignoring his words, she told him the reason why she came to him "I came to you to get myself checked out, because recently I no longer feel the sharp pain in my head, and my body feels better than in the past, as if I had 10% of my true strength"

The old man was amazed by his words, and so he took it inside the house and began to analyze it carefully. After a few minutes, he took some instruments and scanned it with a beam coming from the instrument he was holding. 

Once the scan was finished, he saw the test results to his surprise, while Shikami who noticed his look, asked him "how about the test?"

The old man recovered from his state of surprise and showed him the result. 

[Test Result: 10% Recovery against the disease - 90% Disease still exists]

Then he told him "incredible, truly incredible. I would never have imagined that you would be able to eradicate 10% of that deadly disease, especially since the two of us know the effects very well. 

First: Death within a week - Second: Sharp pain in the head - Third: Weakening of one's strength, until all the muscles in your body no longer function, thus dying before the expected date. 

It was already amazing that you could last a year instead of dying in a week, and not to mention how your body was able to prevail against the debt brought on by the disease, but now it seems you have gained immunity against the disease, thus managing totake you back"

Shikami was surprised and happy to know that he could recover from his illness, but he also knew that this was all due to the book that was once in the storage ring he wore. 

Currently the book was now fused in his mind, as if it were a complete part of him, and so he managed to discover how to use it. 

The book helps him begin Immortality Cultivation, thus improving his overall strength and helping him deal with his mysterious illness. 

Getting the test result, Shikami talked to the old man for a few hours and then left, because he had other things to do. 

He currently had to eliminate Lin Fan, and so he decided to go to China for the weekend, and leave Ai Haibara to Ran to take care of. 

Just as he was about to head to his school, he received a call from Megure. 

"Shikami, we need reinforcements, so come too. The case concerns a mysterious man who called us to warn us of his intentions, said the following words: Investigate the sauna murder case from 2 years ago, and within 10 hours, or I will blow up Teitan High School"

Hearing Megure's urgency, Shikami was also worried and fond of reaching the police station, while inquiring about the Sauna case from two years ago. 

"Two years ago there was the Sauna case which is unsolved, so we closed it, because it was impossible for the police to solve. More than 20 people died in that Sauna, including many young people. 

The police suspected that the Sauna staff committed the murder, but so far we have never been able to find a trace of evidence. 

Shikami, head to the location of the Sauna I will send you, and start investigating while I send Agent Sato and the other reinforcements, and in the meantime I look for more information"

Having received the location of the spa where the mass murder was committed, he immediately headed to the place, thus arriving in a short time. 

Getting out of the car, I go in and show him his police ID badge, and he said "cooperate by staying in your seats, and tell me everything about the personnel who were there two years ago."

The local staff was taken by surprise, and called to inform the manager of what had happened, who arrived shortly. 

A middle-aged man arrived and was surprised to see such a young policeman, but I don't doubt that it was a joke, because the boy's identity was well known in Beika City, because he defeated a group of 50 mobsters with his bare hands. 

The man was the manager who had been called earlier. Stepping forward, he asked in a respectful tone, "What can I do for you?"

Shikami looked at him and said "send me the video, it's the complete list of all the staff who were there two years ago"

So it was that the manager took his laptop and showed him a page with various names and addresses of the staff who were there two years ago, without even protesting. 

Shikami began to write down the address of all the employees who were there two years ago, and then sent it to Inspector Megure, telling him to send agents to investigate, while he would look on site to see if there was anything important. that the police had failed to understand. 

Not that he could find anything, after all two years had passed and the killer would have hidden all the evidence of the case by now. 

Looking at the manager who was calm compared to the rest of the staff, he asked him suspiciously "why are you so calm in the face of such an investigation?"

The manager calmly told him "I am confident that none of my employees committed murder."

And so Shikami ignored him, because he just happened to find someone like him. Walking around the place, I look for anything suspicious and after a few minutes, you hear the sound of the police car's siren. 

On his way out, he saw Officer Sato who had come along with Officer Takagi who was nervous. As the three of them entered, Shikami there informed him of everything he had discovered, but nothing of note. 

Agent Sato said in an urgent tone, "We must hurry up and solve the case, or that madman will explode the Teitan upper sole!"

At his words, Shikami stopped with a somewhat surprised face, and asked, "Was the dead son a student of Teitan High School?"

" Yes. The student named Akiro Namura was often targeted by school bullies, and for this reason he was always isolated from all his classmates. But two years ago, under the orders of bullies, he was forced to go to the spa and take a sauna, thus becoming one of the 20 victims of that case. 

Detective Kogoro Mouri who was involved in the investigation at the time, said that the killer was probably Akiro, but for some reason he couldn't find the evidence, so he had to give up the investigation."

Hearing that Kogoro Mouri was involved in the investigation, he was not surprised that he had not found the culprit, because he knew very well that he was very bad at being a detective. 

End of Episode 36

2