Chapter 18: Otosaki’s answer
207 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Daichi Itakura:

"Hey Otosaki..."

"Fufu..."

"Hey..."

"Daichi-kun loves me~~"

I tried to call Otosaki but she was in her own world.

Currently Otosaki was sitting beside me, resting her head on my shoulders. I had just confessed my feelings to Otosaki but I didn't get an answer yet. Instead Otosaki was just smiling and kept on mumbling something. 

By looking at her expressions, I could imagine she would accept my confession. However I could never be sure about a girl's heart. So, I was still in mild tension.

"Hey Daichi-kun."

Suddenly Otosaki poked my cheeks and asked.

"Yeah?"

"You know when you confessed to me, it really made me happy. More than anything."

"R-Really? I'm glad. So that means... umm.. you accept my confession?"

I meekly asked to her.

However she looked a little nervous after hearing me. She then once again grabbed both of my hands and looked straight to me with her big eyes. 

"Daichi-kun... I want to ask you something very honestly."

"Y-Yes?"

I became a little nervous as she was serious all of a sudden. 

"Y-You know... I'm not a good girl. In fact... I'm also... a little insane. And at times you might also get irritated at me. In the end, there is a good chance you might hate me... S-So are you sure that you want me to be your girlfriend?"

As she was saying, her eyes became moist again. I realized she was about to cry again if I didn't say anything. Honestly she WAS a little insane. However, for me that factor just added to her cuteness. 

Yeah... probably I was also a little insane. 

I gently stroked her head as usual and answered:

"I have never ever thought Otosaki as irritating. In fact, I enjoyed every single moment I have been together with you. And I want to continue to do so. Otosaki is my daily source of happiness."

"R-Really? You won't get fed up of me right?"

"Never."

"Then please close your eyes."

"Eh? Umm... okay."

I hesitantly closed my eyes. I didn't know what was her intention this time.

Suddenly I felt a hug from behind. Otosaki embraced me and buried her face into my back. 

"E-Eh Otosaki..."

"Don't look this way."

"W-Why?"

"B-Because I'm embarrassed."

"Embarrassed?"

"Yes. Now shut up and hear my answer."

"O-Okay."

She took a deep breath and answered, 

"I too love Daichi-kun."

"........"

"More than anyone."

"........"

Even though I kind of guessed what would her answer be, to actually hear her say she loved me, brought a wave of happiness to me.

"And... I don't want to let Daichi-kun go anywhere."

"W-Wait that's a little embarrassing."

My face was red as a tomato. I was sure even her face was the same.

"What can I do? I really want to be together with Daichi-kun every single second of my life."

"Sigh... you have once again become a yandere huh?"

"I-I'm sorry, I just can't help myself."

"Don't worry Otosaki. In fact I find your yandere character very cute."

"T-Thank you...."

"Just don't kill anyone okay."

"I will try not to."

"No! Seriously don't kill anyone!"

"Fufu, I was only joking anyway. So... Now Daichi-kun and I are a couple!"

She excitedly announced.

"Y-Yeah. Again... it's embarrassing if you say it loud."

"Okay... Ughh."

"W-What happened?"

Suddenly, Otosaki held her head with her hand as if she was in pain.

"Uh... Nothing serious. As I said I couldn't sleep last night, my head is feeling a little dizzy."

The lunch break was about to be over in a few minutes but there was no way she could attend them.

"Let's go to the infirmary. You need some sleep."

"But..."

"Don't talk. Just come with me. There's no way you could attend classes this way."

I held her arm and supported her to the infirmary. She reluctantly went along with me.

After a minute of check up, the school doctor said it was Indeed lack of sleep, and advised her to sleep for a few hours now. 

Right now, Otosaki was lying on the bed at the infirmary. 

"Okay then, Otosaki I'll go for now."

"...."

"Otosaki?"

"Don't go..."

Otosaki looked at me with, once again, her moist eyes and also grabbed my hand to stop me going.

"O-Okay I'll stay until you sleep. Happy?"

"Yeah.", she smiled. 

"Doctor, Can I stay here?", I asked the school doctor. 

The doctor meanwhile, only smiled at us.

"Yes, of course."

"Thank you."

After the doctor left, Otosaki became a little more comfortable. 

"Hehe. Now Daichi-kun and I are alone."

"D-Don't say embarrassing things, okay?"

"Fufu. I love to see your embarrassed face, Daichi-kun."

"Well... you're also embarrassed."

"A little bit. By the way, you can lie down on the bed and relax too."

"A-Are you insane?"

"Fufu. Just joking. I don't mind though if Daichi-kun wants to sleep with me."

She was clearly teasing me a lot. I decided to give it back a little.

"Okay then. I'm going to lie down beside you. Ready?"

"E-Ehh?!"

Suddenly, Otosaki's smug look vanished and she became red as an apple. 

"Should I not?"

"N-No... I-I mean I need to prepare myself a little."

"Hahaha your face is adorably funny right now."

"Mou~ you're so mean, Daichi-kun!"

She playfully hit my arms which didn't really hurt. She was like a cute puppy. 

"Okay, enough jokes. Sleep now."

"Fine. But Daichi-kun should hold my hand until I sleep."

"Okay."

Fortunately, Otosaki slept just within 10 minutes. I slowly released my hand from her, and left the infirmary. 

The rest of the school time was really boring. I somehow finished all the classes and set for our clubroom. Before going there, I once again checked Otosaki in the infirmary. 

Otosaki was still sleeping. I guess she really needed a long sleep. I looked at her face and smiled. She was sleeping like an angel. It was hard to believe an angel like her was really my girlfriend. Guess I was really lucky after all. 

"Sleep peacefully."

I left her and went to the direction of clubroom. However before I reached there, someone stopped me.

"Daichi!"

Chihaya, the girlfriend of my best friend Keiichi was here.

"What happened?"

"You see, my boyfriend once again told me he had some work today and would go home alone. I'm really can't hold my worries anymore.", Chihaya answered. 

"I see... did he already leave?"

"No, he's still cleaning the class board as it was his turn today. After that he will leave. I was... thinking about keep an eye on him..."

Chihaya expressed her honest intention. 

"I see..."

"So Daichi can you help me?"

"Eh?"

"You too with me... stalk Keiichi."

"Oh dear."

Me stalking my best friend... that's not a good idea. 

"I will take your silence as a yes!"

"W-Wait."

"Oh by the way, should we also take Otosaki-san in our mission?", Chihaya asked.

"No way, she's sleep--- WHOA!"

Suddenly my right arm was grabbed from behind by someone which startled me.

It was none other than... Otosaki.

"W-What are you two doing? A-And Daichi-kun, why didn't you wake me up? I was searching for you."

"I-I'm sorry, Otosaki. You see..."

I then explained Otosaki everything and she became excited.

"I see! Let's go then, Daichi-kun!"

"Eh you agreed to it?"

"Of course!"

"Thanks a lot you two!"

I had no options in the end, but to participate in this madness. 

[To be continued]

7