Chapter 19: The Chase (Part 1)
263 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sorry for the late update.  Merry Christmas to all of you! Plus I have posted some illustrations too for this chapter!



Daichi Itakura:

"Okay, here you two, wear these sunglasses and hats."

Chihaya gave us a pair of sunglasses and hats while we were waiting for Keiichi to come out of the school building. We were hiding behind a storeroom.

"Do we... really need to wear these?", I politely asked.

"Of course, otherwise Keiichi might figure us out from far away.", Chihaya answered. 

"But... aren't we going to look suspicious with these?" (Daichi)

"Don't worry." (Chihaya)

Chihaya didn't hear anything I said and wore one of the sunglasses herself. She also wore one of the weird hats. 

I sighed and also wore the things. Otosaki suddenly called me.

"Daichi-kun." (Otosaki)

"What?" (Daichi)

"Do I look weird wearing these?" (Otosaki)

Otosaki Rei (2)

Otosaki Rei

I looked at her as she showed herself wearing the sunglasses and the hat. And I could say without any hesitation:

"Cute." (Daichi)

"Eh?" (Otosaki)

"You're freaking cute." (Daichi)

"....O-Okay." (Otosaki)

Seriously... how could she be this cute even in this weird outfit?

"You know Daichi-kun?" (Otosaki)

"Hm?" (Daichi)

She then came close to my face and whispered in my ears,

"You're looking extremely cool too." (Otosaki) 

"R-Really? Thanks." (Daichi)

"Ahem!" (Chihaya)

Chihaya made a coughing noise to remind us why we were here.

"Oh sorry Chihaya. Did Keiichi come yet?" (Daichi)

"Fufu." (Chihaya)

Chihaya suddenly chuckled and grinned at us.

Chihaya Rikka

Chihaya Rikka 

"You two are definitely going out, aren't you?" (Chihaya)

"Ugh..." (Daichi)

".........." (Otosaki)

Both I and Otosaki looked at each other, and then decided to speak tthe truth. 

"Y-Yes." (Daichi)

"I thought so! Otosaki-san was really anxious when she saw me and you together in the hallway. You were jealous, no? Otosaki-san." (Chihaya)

Come to think of it, Otosaki did look a little nervous there. But that's probably not because of--

"O-Of course I was!" (Otosaki)

"Eh?" (Daichi)

"You are my friend, Chihaya-san. But I can't control myself if I see Daichi-kun alone with another girl. Even if it's you." (Otosaki)

Otosaki then looked at me with teary eyes.

"How precious you are, Otosaki-san! Daichi you better not make her cry ever or I'll kill you." (Chihaya)

Chihaya kept on grinning at me, which kinda pissed me off.

"No I won't. And Chihaya, why don't you watch for Keiichi?" (Daichi)

"Ah yes! Thanks for reminding me." (Chihaya)

As she looked at other way I gently stroked Otosaki's head and murmured. 

"It's okay, Otosaki. As I promised before I won't look at any other girl than you." (Daichi)

"Y-You are not annoyed by my insecurities, right? Daichi-kun." (Otosaki)

Otosaki was a little insecure for sure. But I would never mind that. In fact, as almost everything of her, I found that very cute.

"What did I say you before? I can never get annoyed with you. In fact, I sometimes think that I might be a boring boyfriend for you." (Daichi)

"Never! I love every moment I'm with Daichi-kun." (Otosaki)

"Ahem! You two should get a room." (Chihaya)

"Sorry!", Both of us were once again spacing out. 

"Otosaki, I think we need to be a little bit quiet." (Daichi)

"Understood. Jeez, I just want to keep talking with Daichi-kun forever. Oh... looks like your cheater friend has arrived." (Otosaki)

"Eh?" (Daichi)

I looked at the school gate and saw... Keiichi and another girl walking together. Regardless to say, that girl was Wakamiya Remon!

I hurriedly looked at Chihaya. Her usual grin had disappeared. That confirmed it... Sh*t has gone real!

So, Keiichi did go with Wakamiya often. When both I and Otosaki first saw him with Wakamiya outside the family restaurant, I thought it might just be a one-off incident. I was wrong. 

"I'm sorry to see this, Chihaya-san. Your boyfriend really turned out to be cheat." (Otosaki)

"H-Hey what the hell are you saying, Otosaki!! Chihaya, don't come to conclusions yet! This might not be what you think." (Daichi)

"Don't worry, I didn't conclude anything yet." (Chihaya)

Chihaya's voice was calm but... something in that calmness was weirdly scary.

Perhaps... Chihaya was also an yandere?

Otosaki suddenly whispered to me.

"Chihaya-san is looking like she is about to kill Keiichi-san." (Otosaki)

"I see. But I still believe Keiichi hasn't cheated on his girlfriend." (Daichi)

"Oh Daichi-kun, you're really trusting your friend too much." (Otosaki)

"Hey you two. We have to follow him now." (Chihaya)

"Understood!", Both I and Otosaki obediently followed her commands.

All three of us began following Keiichi and Wakamiya. They were talking with each other. But we couldn't hear anything because we were too far away from them. 

"God I hope people don't find us suspicious." (Daichi)

"To be honest, there are 90% chance people will find us suspicious." (Chihaya)

"Isn't it bad then??" (Daichi)

"I don't care at this point." (Chihaya)

Okay.... Chihaya was really really scary right now. How could she become exactly like Otosaki 2.0?

At that moment, I heard a notification sound from my phone. I checked and it was a message from... Tachibana Senpai. 

<Dai-kun you're late. Where are you? Even Otosaki-san hasn't arrived yet at the club?>

Ah... I completely forgot about the club. I wasn't sure what to reply to Tachibana senpai. 

"Did Tachibana senpai message you?" (Otosaki)

"Ah yeah. She is asking about you too." (Daichi)

"I see." (Otosaki)

"Not sure what to reply." (Daichi)

"Give your phone, I'll answer her." (Otosaki)

"Eh?" (Daichi)

I didn't get what was her intention but I accepted her proposal.

She took my phone and typed something and immediately clicked the 'send' button.

"Hang on. What did you write?" (Daichi)

I took back the phone and saw the reply...

<Dont worry, Senpai. I and Otosaki are together on a date. We are having a fun time.>

"O-Otosaki what is this?" (Daichi)

"Did I write something wrong?" (Otosaki)

"I mean... we didn't say anything about us being a couple to Tachibana senpai yet. So suddenly..." (Daichi)

"It's okay. We needed to announce at some time anyway, fufu." (Otosaki)

Otosaki then chuckled and grabbed my hand and kept walking.

Meanwhile I could hear the continuous notification bombardment from my phone. It's probably Tachibana senpai, who must have been surprised by that reply.

However, I had no time to check my phone again as Keiichi and Wakamiya just entered a shopping centre. 

"They entered the shopping centre." (Chihaya)

"What? What are they doing there?" (Daichi)

"Guess they are really having fun." (Otosaki)

"O-Otosaki please stop demoralising Chihaya." (Daichi)

"It's okay. I still have not concluded anything. But... I might be very close to do it." (Chihaya)

"C-Chihaya, please calm down. I know Keiichi. Trust me he can't do it." (Daichi)

"It's okay. Let's enter this shopping centre now. And I really really hope... I don't see anything fishy..." (Chihaya)

Oh Keiichi... for your sake, I hope you didn't do anything wrong.

[To be continued]

5