Bite Me!
9 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lucius growled as he stared in her hungry,  curious eyes. 

"I'm not afraid of you, you know!" Emeralda says. 

"You should be, If you weren't a Princess, I'd have you drained already. But that'd raise more hell than it's worth"

As Lucius raised himself off of her, he stands there glaring at her ignorance towards things that should put fear in her heart, yet doesn't. As much as he objects, he likes how brave she is. But he could never be with one of her kind. "Pompous little shits" He thinks to himself. But her, she seems different, Better! 

He shakes his thoughts away as she just leans up holding herself up onto her elbows. Looking up at you with hungry emerald eyes, so doe like it's almost as if there could be some ancestry there. 

"You should get some sleep..."

Before Lucius could finish his sentence they both felt the temperature drop, resulting in frost crystals forming on the window. The mood has now grown to an uneasy setting. 

"It's got to be another frost creature, that's what you heard attacking me earlier!" Emeralda says trying her best to not show her worry. She's never seen a frost monster of any sort, rarely has there been any stories of them, even from the elders. Emeralda rubs her ankle with a few words a few times. 

"Better, not fixed but I'm a bit less useless now" she uttered. 

"What the hell is a frost creature doing here? I've been in this castle for centuries and never has frost traveled this far" Lucius says to Emeralda. 

"I don't know but it can't be good, I have to get back to warn the elders, they need to get the younglings and elders to our safe spot" 

"Well right now I don't think either of us is going anywhere we need to go see what the fuck is out there"

He's right, she thought. Her adrenaline building back up, she gets up being able to atleast stand up without falling. She takes a few steps forward she's not healed but no longer incapable. 

"Let's go!" Lucius says as he makes his way to the door. With Emeralda following suit they make their way down a darkened corridor, down the steps and lead into the kitchen. The back side of the house layout.

"Come, fairy. Let's peek shall we?"

Nervously Emeralda takes a look through the window, very cautiously. 

"I.. I don't see anything" looking a bit closer she notices another frost giant, lurking between the trees to the Enchanted Forest. It really is his backyard. 

Lucius moves her aside to see what Emeralda saw. "What the hell is a giant frost troll doing lurking this far south? More curiously who cursed the troll in the first place?"

"I don't know but whoever it was is no friend to my kingdom or yours I presume, I need to get closer to use my magic!" Before he knows it Emeralda vanishes into sparkly dust. She opens the door as she slowly and quietly makes her way out into the dark, outdoors. With her scent back in full force the troll sniffs the air and turns right in her direction. 

Emeralda lifts her arms, in a dance fashion she begins to bring the life of nature to her command. As the giant steps toward her she snaps her fingers and before she finished the tree the monster was hiding behind lifts his roots up to wrap around the beast. And in one quick motion squeezes until the monster is contained, frozen in place!

Emeralda exposes herself as she flies up into the air, planning to see what information she can get out of him. As she reaches where her body is leveled with his face she demands,

"Who sent you here you ghastly beast?"

Emeralda gets nothing but grunts in return. Even non cursed trolls are painfully insufferable, stubborn beasts to deal with. Most have not a single intellectual nor civil thought in their brains. 

"I'll ask again troll, talk or die!" 

Emeralda hated thought of taking a life regardless of how terrible the being was. "Every life is sacred" was a phrase she used quite often. Especially to the fairies who chose to keep the worst tradition, killing and drinking the blood of blood! Vila Blood among others, Powerful yet not worth it in her opinion. 

With a growl for an answer Emeralda keeps her word. She does a swift motion and the beast turns to dust, glitter graciously floating down into nothingness onto the grassy ground. Emeralda flies down and settles herself, walking back into the darkened doorframe, Where Lucius is awaiting her. 

The temperature has gone back into its usual warm degree, He shuts the door behind her as he notices her droopy shoulders as she makes her way into the kitchen. She hands the counter behind her and lifts herself up onto it sitting there with an uneasy look. 

"I hate doing that" she cries out. 

"Doing what?" Lucius asks her as he walks to her, standing oh so close to her. 

"Taking life, even a montrosity like that deserves the opportunity of life, every life is sacred, but the thought of my younglings dieing because of my weakness .... Well that's something I couldn't bare to live with!"

"You know death isn't always a bad thing, for some people it's a blessing!" Lucius responds bringing his hand up to brush hair out of Emeralda's face. Turning her face up, the eye contact they make is electrifying, they both feel it! As reluctantly as he feels he can't help himself but to lean down to kiss Emeralda's almost throbbing poutful lips.

Emeralda closes her eyes, with her heart pounding and her stomach doing more flips she'd care to admit, she invites him in. The kiss lands gently, the moment they make contact the door flies open, setting them both back in a realization fright.

"Am I interrupting something Lucius?"

A cold monotone voice shrieks from the doorframe, leaning against observing.

"What a lovely scent you've got their Miss?....."

"Miss none of your concern, Adrian, what are you doing here, are you alone?" Lucius asks as he backed up and confronted the intruder. 

"What a riot it would cause, the king mingling with .... her filthy kind, the enemy" his words are venomous. 

"Where are the others, why the fuck are you here?" 

"There's been some, uhh, problems. It's probably best your little play thing runs along so we can discuss it, or do you plan on sharing? It's been so long since I've feasted on such a disgustingly tasty little treat"

Lucius growls at Emeralda "Go wait in your chambers, I'll be there soon enough" and without hesitation Emeralda climbs down and makes her way back towards the steps giving one last look at the two men. As much as she wanted to zap that bastard there's no way she'd leave alive if she did. 

Emeralda sits on the bed bench waiting for Lucius to come back, twisted on her feelings. Her first kiss, and she didn't even get to Savor it. Even if it was with an enemy. Thinking back on his soft lips on hers, her heart starts thumping and she wishes that bastard never barged in, Lucius is so seductive without even trying, she would've let him take her right then and there, without any protest from her. With intrusive thoughts forming, Emeralda's world is in full chaos right now.

Needing to go to her kingdom to help her citizens but wanting to be taken by the enemy has her fighting herself in a way she's never had to do. 

1