Chapter 4: The easiest choices require the ficklest of wills
18 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“You have two choices,” the lady said to me, making me slightly uncomfortable.
After all, the limited amount of choices simply means that there is no choice at all!
Unlike the infinite number of choices the Lord gave man when he created the species, I doubt this girl will give me more than a choice of death and of helping her in her purpose.
Or the purpose of her company.
It seems to me that she truly was born with the goal of seducing me. Well… maybe not born, but more arrived.
But she doesn’t have the pleasant personality to seduce me.
Such is life. The women you want don’t want you, and the ones that want you are actually pretending because you have something that they value!
“Shoot!” I said, as I took a look at her.
She made a slight smile, as she spoke,” Your first choice is the death penalty. You have killed two men and crippled one. Thought they were criminals, it was not your place to judge them.”
“Alright, I choose that,” I said.
Death… well death is better than slavery.
I’d rather die then be forced to obey some master who doesn’t love me, nor sees me as anything more than a tool.
“… Excuse me?” she said in surprise.
Oh? You expected me to be a bitch who’s willing to give up his freedom to save his life?
Well you know what? I am not!
Fuck that shit! I will live and die in freedom rather than merely survive in servitude!
“You heard me bitch,” I said,” Kill me! Come on!”
“… you didn’t even hear the other choice…”
Is she confused?
You think I don’t know your ultimatum will be death or servitude?
“Alright! Tell me the other choice!”
She coughed a bit, before she spoke,” The other choice is to join the White Tiger Legion. Your job would be to hunt down and kill various evil creatures, though not without financial compensation.”
“What?”
The heck is this? Death or join the army?
Are people with superpowers so valued?
Or is it some other way to ensure my obedience…
“Indeed. If you were a normal foreigner who killed two citizens of our country and seriously injured another, you would be executed. But since you have supernatural powers, and the people you killed were criminals, the fact is that if you join the White Tiger Legion,” she said,” You can get away with it.”
“Not only can you get away with it,” she continued,” But you will also be paid very well, have your own lodging with servants, and who knows…”
As she said that, she made a seductive expression,” You might even get a partner.”

Well, ain’t that very convenient.
Very convenient indeed!
The only reason I didn’t punch her in the head was that I am a man of superior virtue.
“You might be good looking,” I said,” but you are not attractive to me in the slightest. Not anymore.”
But the choice is basically die or live the life of a rich warrior…
I mean, being a rich warrior is quite good, is it not?
If they try to take away my freedom, I can always kill myself, can’t I?
I can try it out. Life is one, I might as well try to enjoy it.
The blonde lady smiled bitterly.
Not gonna lie, I feel she doesn’t give much of a shit about me.
I don’t know really.
“Well, if that’s the case,” she said,” it can’t be helped.”
Now she had a really depressed look on her face.
Bitch, you were the one who threatened me with death and misinterpreted my joke!
Hell, you threatened me with knowing my medical records! I know I’m not going to escape.
Your country is fucked up like that.
Good thing I don’t feel bad…
“Ight, you can go away now,” I said,” I won’t run I promise.”
“I see…” she said quietly.
Bitch if you want to manipulate me do it properly! I thought you were friendly to interrogate me!
Not this bullshit.
Like its fucked up! Do it properly.
Don’t break the friendly persona! Keep it up and gaslight me!
For fucks sake, do it properly if you want to do it.
Why are you half-assing this shit!?!?
Do the people here just have a more horny personality that’s willing to forgive women who threaten their life just by fucking them?
Like hell I’ll do that!
“So…” I said,” why are you still here?”
“What?” she said in a sad voice with a pitiful face.
“I said why are you still here,” I said,” Get the fuck out. I’m naked, with only my blanked covering me.”
“Thats fine…”
“Just get the fuck out of this room before I break you neck.”
so, with great effort, she got out of bed and started walking outside.
Her expression of being pitiable was scarily good, yet it left me wondering.
Could she have some mind altering superpower, so that’s why she expected me to forgive her?
I mean, not every person would be qualified to talk to me one on one, so she must have some superpower.
And the only one that would be useful in this case would be a mind fucking one.
Or she has some very high combat skills.
But I doubt it.
Her behavior was that of a person who was not very skilled in manipulating trying to manipulate after learning proper expressions and shit.
I mean, her expressions and tone was on point.
But her actions weren’t really consistent.
So unless the people here are just horny as fuck, and not only horny but awfully desperate single dogs, that would mean that this girl just got some high level mind fucking skills.
And as I thought about the shitty acting skills of the blonde lady who didn’t even introduce herself, thus failing the basic skill in flirting of making it a personal bond with some person, I noticed one fact I failed to notice a bit of time ago.
The piece of paper which the blonde lady gave me was nice and all, containing all my fucking medical history, but it apparently served another reason than to intimidate me.
How did I know that? Did I heat it up somehow so that some sort of invisible ink would show?
Not at all!
I just flipped the paper on its other side for some reason.
Whatever the reason might be, if it was my suspicion or something else, I can’t really remember.
But it was a hell of a useful reason, as the paper had a lot of info on its other side.

0