Preparation (68)
4 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After feeding Mitsume, who still felt numb and unfamiliar with her revived body after being a statue for so long, Aaron took extra care to ensure her comfort. As the night settled in, he gently tucked her into bed. Mitsume, though perhaps initially resistant, found herself in a state of vulnerability, and Aaron, being the one with the ability to move, took it upon himself to ensure her well-being. It was a gesture that spoke of both care and a recognition of the limitations Mitsume was grappling with after her prolonged stasis. In this simple act, Aaron's concern for her welfare shone through, even if it meant gently nudging her into a state of rest for her own good.

Aaron then walked outside to see Rui,she looked worried as she look at him.

Rui's voice held a tinge of sadness as she addressed her big brother, "Onii-chan, do you really have to?" Her concern was palpable, and the worry in her eyes betrayed the fear she harbored for his safety.

 She didn't want to see him get hurt, and the thought of him facing potential harm in the upcoming fight weighed heavily on her heart. The unspoken fear lingered, and Rui couldn't bring herself to articulate the dire possibilities that loomed in her thoughts.

"i will be fine "Aaron said trying to comfort her but tears started to appear in her eyes as she couldn't hold them back in anymore.

Tears welled up in Rui's eyes as she clutched her Onii-chan in a tight embrace, refusing to let go. The emotional turmoil within her spilled over, and she cried, the sound a poignant expression of her distress. Between sobs, she begged for him to reconsider, to halt this perilous path he was about to embark upon.

"Onii-chan, please, don't do this. I can't bear the thought of you getting hurt. There has to be another way," she pleaded, her voice carrying a mixture of desperation and love, as if her embrace could shield him from the impending danger. 

The room echoed with the raw emotion of a sister unwilling to let her beloved brother face a potential threat, and in the midst of it, Rui's heartfelt pleas resounded.

Aaron gently stroked Rui's hair, trying to offer comfort to his emotionally distressed sister. He held her close, his voice soft but determined as he whispered, "Rui, I promise I won't die. I'll do everything in my power to come back to you safe and sound. Trust me, okay?" His words were a reassurance, a pledge to ease her fears, and he held her with a protective embrace, hoping to convey the sincerity behind his promise.

Despite Aaron's soothing words, Rui clung to her Onii-chan even tighter, her reluctance to let him go evident in the intensity of her embrace. Her tear-streaked face reflected the internal struggle she was facing, torn between the desire to keep her Nee-san safe and the understanding that he had his own path to walk.

"I... I'm scared, Onii-chan. What if something happens? What if you...?" Rui's voice quivered with anxiety, the unspoken fear lingering in the air. The thought of parting with her Nee-san, even with his promise, cast a shadow over her heart, and she found herself grappling with the internal conflict between love and the inevitability of letting go.

Aaron, with a gentle smile, wiped away a tear from Rui's cheek. "Then let's make sure I don't die. Be a good girl and please synthesize this with my suit, okay?" He handed her a device he had received from Naomi, and Rui, still with teary eyes, took notice of the laser-based drive in his hands. 

"I will," Rui declared with determination in her eyes. The resolve within her was palpable; if synthesizing this upgrade could contribute to ensuring her big brother's safety, she was determined to provide him with the best possible advantage.

"Cute," Aaron remarked, pinching Rui's cheek gently. She pouted and looked away, a playful expression of feigned annoyance, though the twinkle in her eyes betrayed a hint of enjoyment when her Oni-san paid attention to her. 

The light moment served as a brief respite from the impending challenges, allowing them to share a playful exchange amidst the weight of their shared concerns.

"It should take about a week for the healing chamber to fill up," Aaron confirmed, looking down at his little sister who was currently wrapped in his embrace. 

Rui's eyes widened with realization. "Yes..." she replied, a flicker of curiosity in her eyes. The pieces started to fall into place in her mind. Had Aaron strategically planned the two-week timeframe when he mentioned it to Suel? The thought lingered, and Rui couldn't help but marvel at her brother's foresight, recognizing the depth of his strategic thinking in the face of the impending challenges.

Rui's initial surprise gave way to a knowing smile. She understood her brother well—beyond the facade of jokes and apparent unpredictability, he was a strategist who always planned ahead, no matter how unlikely it seemed to others. In the quiet acknowledgment of his foresight, Rui felt a sense of pride for her brother's capabilities, appreciating the layers of complexity that made up the person she admired and loved.

Aaron's gaze lingered on the metallic yet futuristic suit, a potent symbol of both power and desperation. It stood as his trump card, a last resort in case everything went wrong. The weight of its significance hung in the air, a silent acknowledgment that he might have to rely on it once more. The room, filled with a mixture of determination and apprehension, held the unspoken understanding that sometimes the most formidable weapons were the ones kept in reserve for the direst circumstances.

1