33- A little bit of action
11 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The deeper they went into the forest, the more wind currents hit them in the face.

 

"This has got to be a joke," Evan said mockingly, as he tried to arrange his long hair. Messy from the strong winds in the forest.

 

"How is it possible for us to go into the forest and here it's windier?"

 

Aada shot him a look, calm before smiling at the sight of Evan's messy hair. It had knots in several places which made it impossible for him to arrange it, it looked as if a hurricane had blown through his hair and as if a bird had made it its nest.

 

From her hand, a moderate amount of blood came out of her body before taking the shape of a hairbrush. Aada approached a root sticking out of the ground to with a glance offer to fix her hair.

 

Evan with a smile, sat down. Puckering and sometimes closing his eyes several knots in his hair resisted settling. When the hair comb went through perfectly his face relaxed, too much, narrowing his eyes and a natural smile on his face blossomed.

 

Everything is fine, relaxing, peaceful, too good to be true.

 

[Event]

[Crossing the red line you will enter the hunting zone, stay inside for the next 5 hours].

[Quest (Optional): Technique for Digesting Souls]

 

Evan smiled pleased by the grandiose offer, he looked around trying to find the red line.

 

As Evan shook his head, Aada who was arranging his hair tried to continue combing it but seeing that Evan didn't stop he asked.

 

"What are you looking for?"

 

"The red line..." replied Evan automatically, before continuing to search.

 

"A red line?" Aada started looking too, with a bad taste in her mouth and doubts in her thoughts.

 

"What are you looking for that red line for?"

 

"I have to go there" Evan replied again in a monotone voice.

 

Aada placed her hands on Evan's shoulders, her eyes grew somber and she looked at Evan's head paying attention to everything, every action he did.

 

"Why?" her kind tone was gone.

 

"Because, something in my head tells me so...and I feel like I'll get something good, something I need" Evan turned and gave her a bright smile.

 

Aada bristled at his smile, pulling her hands away from his shoulders until she dropped them. She looked at Evan with her eyes half closed.

 

'His smile, he was too innocent to want to hurt me' Aada thought.

 

Evan got up from the root and approached a tree five meters away from his former position, a rope of blood encircled the trunk and joined another tree trunk, like that consecutively.

 

"I found it!"

 

Aada walked over and stretched the rope before putting it down.

 

"It's a hunting area, it means there's an overpopulation of dangerous beasts in this area.

 

It's not a good place to venture, many of these beasts have stayed here and if the hunting rope has been placed it means you have already investigated and have an average of how many you have to eliminate.

 

If you come in here and decide to eliminate unscrupulous beasts you will only be doing wrong."

 

"But I have to come in here..." insisted Evan.

 

Sighed Aada

 

"You could look for the handlers while eliminating a few beasts, avoiding the females and young.

 

Even though you don't have to go in you'd be better off staying with me and we'll go back to the carriage, we can keep talking and I can lend you some books I have in storage."

 

Evan politely negotiated before crossing the rope underneath.

 

"Wait!" He was stopped by Aada, his face scowling with a strange concern. "Here if something goes wrong you can help a little and we'll be waiting for you so come back soon."

 

From his necklace, he pulled out a red pearl and then handed it to Evan in his hand.

 

Evan accepted it before continuing to shift deeper, into the forest disappearing from Aada's sight. Her feet and hands were restless.

 

"I... I think I got talked into it pretty fast... although it's not like I could stop him either... " sigh " How frustrating, I hope he takes care of himself.

 

***

The muddy ground surface made it difficult for Evan to walk, but he was still able to advance steadily. His senses were sharpened and surrounded a perimeter of 20 meters.

 

He advanced steadily and when the grass began to overtake his height, he grabbed his sword and slashed making his slowed journey much better.

 

Not much sound besides the wind whipping through the tall grass, and not much to see either.

 

His nose twitched, ahead to the left smelled blood and a faint putrid odor. He quickened his steps, and several paths appeared in front of him beside the body of the beast.

 

A strange eel, its skin secreting a colorless, odorless slime. With three rows of small teeth on its body in its mouth, on top of the eel's body what looked like fins was more like a large blade of about 12 centimeters.

 

The eel's body was stuck in a spear of blood, darker than normal, almost black resembling petroleum.

 

Evan touched the spear and it was firmly stuck in the ground and in the corpse of the beast, the blood of the beast had already been drained but still kept its fresh appearance, as if it had been killed until a few seconds ago. Which was impossible, since the smell of its body gave away that it had been killed for a long time.

 

Even so, Evan smiled, for the eyes of a vampire if there is no blood and there is no benefit to be gained, but in the eyes of a demon, there is still something to benefit from.

 

Evan's eyes were dyed black leaving only his iris red, Evan observed the soul of the beast, it was like a fog that could barely keep its shape.

 

He consumed the soul, before considering where to go.

 

The path to the left was the origin before he reached the beast, and on the other two paths, one was straight ahead while the other went slightly to the right.

 

Without much thought, he took the front path, as the important thing was to find the hunters with permission to use the hunting area.


This chapter was difficult for me to write the beginning, because I had to do something to make an event happen and from that event, others will arise to advance the story.

But I really didn't know how to start it, I even didn't like the way the beginning of the chapter was written.

 

1