Date with Akari(Part-06): Whisper’s Cafe
614 3 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As Akari and I step into the cozy haven of "Whispers Café," a soothing melody of soft jazz fills the air, creating a warm and inviting atmosphere. The café is a blend of rustic charm and modern comfort, with exposed brick walls adorned with local artwork and a scattering of plush armchairs and wooden tables.

The aroma of freshly ground coffee mingles with the sweet scent of pastries, enticing us to the counter where a friendly barista greets us with a genuine smile. The menu, handwritten on a chalkboard, offers a delightful selection of both comforting classics and adventurous flavors.

The workers behind the counter move with a synchronized grace, their passion for crafting the perfect cup evident in every carefully measured pour. Their aprons, adorned with personalized name tags, add a touch of familiarity to the bustling scene.

As we find a spot by the window, the natural light streaming illuminates the worn pages of well-loved books that line the shelves. The chatter of patrons creates a gentle hum, a symphony of conversations and the clinking of cups that adds to the comforting ambiance.

Our waitress, a cheerful soul with a notebook tucked in her apron, approaches with a genuine interest in our preferences. Her recommendations reflect a deep knowledge of the menu, making the experience feel like a personal journey through culinary delights.

In the heart of "Whispers Café," the blend of aromatic coffee, friendly faces, and a touch of artistic flair transforms this simple space into a haven where the art of human connection intertwines seamlessly with the appreciation of good food and warm conversation.

Akari and I peruse the menu at "Whispers Café," navigating the delightful array of options. Given Akari's military background, she leans towards a hearty yet balanced meal, a reflection of her disciplined tastes.

For Akari:

- Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad:** A protein-packed choice with crisp romaine lettuce, grilled chicken, and a generous drizzle of Caesar dressing. Akari appreciates the nourishing combination that fuels her energy for the day.

- Roast Beef Panini with Sweet Potato Fries: A substantial choice for a military general. The savory roast beef paired with the crispy sweetness of sweet potato fries caters to her taste for a satisfying, well-rounded meal.

- Black Coffee:Keeping it simple and strong – a cup of black coffee to kickstart the afternoon, echoing her preference for efficiency.

For Me:

- Mushroom and Spinach Quiche: I opt for a lighter yet flavorful choice. The quiche with a buttery crust, filled with mushrooms and spinach, offers a delightful combination of textures and tastes.

- Caprese Salad: A refreshing side to complement the quiche, featuring juicy tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, and basil drizzled with balsamic glaze.

- Café Latte: I balance my meal with a smooth café latte, savoring the rich blend of espresso and steamed milk.

As we share our meal, the diverse flavors mirror our distinct tastes, yet the camaraderie flourishes in the shared experience of savoring good food and engaging conversation in the heart of "Whispers Café."

As we enjoy our meal in the quaint "Whispers Café," I can't help but express my appreciation for the charming atmosphere.

"Akari, this place is incredible! The atmosphere, the music, it all just clicks. How did you find it?" I asked her as I was quite happy with the atmosphere around here.

Hearing my question Akari smiled and replied,

"I heard about it from a colleague. They raved about the coffee and the cozy vibe. Seems like they weren't exaggerating."

"Absolutely! And this Mushroom and Spinach Quiche is amazing. How's your roast beef panini?"

She took a bite from her roast beef panini and exclaimed,"Hits the spot. The combination of flavors is robust. Reminds me of those field rations, but in a much tastier way."

"Haha, a tastier field ration, I like that. And these sweet potato fries are something else. Perfectly crispy."

"Indeed. Efficient fuel for the day. By the way, your quiche looks delicious. How's the mushroom and spinach combo?" She asked me as she was kind of interested in my quiche.

"Fantastic! The buttery crust really sets it off. And the caprese salad adds a refreshing touch." I exclaimed. "Do you want to taste?" 

I offered her a small portion of my dish. 

"Eh! Really?" She was quite surprised by my offering. 

"Why not?" I smiled. "Say, Ahh." 

"W-w-wait, we're going to do that lover like thing? Like feeding each other with spoon? Ugh, I wasn't prepared for that." She became embarrassed as I offered her my food. 

"Are you going to eat or not?"

"O-of course, I am." Saying that, she shyly took a bite from my spoon. 

"Ah, it's delicious." Her eyes were dazzling. 

"I am glad. Now, let me taste your meat." I smirked. 

"M-my meat!" She got embarrassed. 

"I mean, your Roast Beef Panini, you pervert." I smirked. 

"Ugh, you did it on purpose." Saying that, she offered me her food with embarrassed expressions. 

"It's tasty." I replied as I took a bite. 

"Right? I think, they did a great job cooking it." She looked kind of proud. 

"Right, their atmosphere and quality of food is really great compared to some well-known cafe." I praised again.

"Couldn't agree more. It's the kind of place where you can relax and still feel alert. A rare find."

"Definitely. Plus, the staff here is so friendly. Our waitress had the best recommendations. Makes the whole experience even better." I praised the staff of this cafe. 

"True. Good service can make or break a place." She replied while looking at the staff. 

"I am sorry for changing the topic. But do girls often come to this kind of cafe shop by themselves? I know that, boys like to stay home rather than hanging out with friends." I asked her. 

Well, it's not like boys in this world hate hanging out. They just prefer not to. After all, boys don't like being stared at by the public and when they go outside, girls will definitely gather around them and try to pick them up. So, it's kind of bothersome. 

9