0.5 Interlude: Before the Hatching
749 16 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This chapter will show the day before Hivestia comes fully into the world. Also, please vote on the poll at the end of the chapter!

Within the Eturnus Empire's capital, a grand auction was taking place for it's  100th anniversary of its continued business. Hundreds of noble houses and thousands of adventurers were waiting for it to begin.

As the owner of the Evergold Auction explained their extraordinary wares for the evening, an enormous draconic shadow covered the skies for a few moments, yet none but the unfamiliar panicked. Most new this to be the calling card of the head of the strangest of the 7 Archduchies in the Empire, Archduchess Victoria Averland.

The one and only Archduchess is a full fledged [Dragon]. One of the few who don't abhor humanity, mostly do to the first Emperor managing to get a favor out of her to assist the Empire. She wholeheartedly began to love her position, sure she became an outcast amongst Dragons, but that doesn't matter when her hoard is nearly tripled what an [Ancient Dragon] would aquire through their lifetime of conquest simply by assisting the Empire at key moments in the last 3500 years.

In some parts of the Eturnus Empire, her name has more power than the Imperial family. It also helps that her mere presence turns what would be constant [Wyvern] and [Drake] attacks into [Wyvern Rider], [Drake Cavalry], and [Dragoon] squadrons, her Archduchy's specialty. She is, beyond a doubt, the most powerful women in the Empire. There's just one tiny, miniscule even, problem.

('I've haven't, in my full 5 thousand years of life, gotten laid!'), inwardly reflected Archduchess Victoria as she lands in human form as she hastily moves towards the auction house. ('Well, it's more the problem that no man or woman would be able to handle me if I just worried about my own pleasure. Even in my human form, they would be crushed totally.')

Victoria's humanoid form resembled the theoretical hybrid of an [Amazonian] and a [High Kobold], if it were 12 feet tall(365.76 centimeters). Even within her conservative lavender dress, her muscular frame was very much still noticable. As she walked towards her VIP seat in the auction house, she had a nearly visible Aura of distaste, causing everyone to freeze within her passing.

As Victoria continued to think on her continued virginity, the auction began. There weren't any items that caught her attention at the beginning, just weapons and armor, unnecessary for a dragon or any individuals under her. But then came an egg.

This egg was nearly 3 feet tall, covered in a barbed shell that shone in otherworldly purples, reds, blues and greens in a mesmerizing display of beauty. But Victoria wasn't focused on that, instead she focused on its aura. An aura that triggered something deeply ingrained into every draconic soul, the aura of...

('A [True Dragon] egg!? Here!?! But how, but- No, doesn't matter, must get, must PROTECT!!') thought Victoria as externally she calmly called her first bid, telling herself to aquire the egg by any means necessary and to take care of who hatches out of it.

Sorry, for no chapter yesterday! Just got caught up in some odd happens and forgot. Again, sorry!

Which character concept would you like to see first? (This is for appearance order.)
  • Silent Barbarian+Lunar Wolf Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Noble Paladin+Crystal 'Curse' Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Twin Mages!(Fire and Frost)+Twin Moths(Light and Drakness) Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Spidermaid, Spidermaid! Votes: 8 22.2%
  • Slime Girl+Null Crystal = Void Symbiote! Votes: 19 52.8%
Total voters: 36 · This poll was closed on Nov 21, 2023 07:28 PM.
22