The Inuzuma Clan’s dark history
25 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As Kiba lay in the darkness of the guesthouse, his thoughts churned with a tumultuous mix of emotions. Guilt gnawed at him, a relentless reminder of the betrayal he had almost committed by confessing his feelings to Hinata. The image of Naruto's unwavering loyalty and dedication to the village haunted him, casting a shadow over his own desires.

In the quiet of the night, Kiba grappled with the weight of his conscience. He knew that pursuing his feelings for Hinata would not only betray Naruto but also jeopardize the fragile harmony of their makeshift family. And yet, the longing in his heart refused to be silenced, a persistent ache that whispered of what could have been.

As sleep eluded him, Kiba found himself drawn to the window, the moon casting its silvery glow over the tranquil landscape. In the distance, the flickering lights of the village served as a reminder of the challenges that awaited them come morning.

But amidst the turmoil of his own internal struggle, a sense of determination stirred within Kiba. He couldn't change the past or erase his feelings, but he could control his actions moving forward. With a newfound resolve, he vowed to set aside his own desires for the greater good of the village and his friendship with Naruto. All this overthinking led to him feeling drowsy, the intoxication finally took effect and he fell asleep.

The hours passed and soon it was morning. Kiba got up and made his bed then went downstairs where he met Hinata preparing breakfast. Hinata greeted and offered him breakfast but Kiba thanked her and said he has to go back to Naruto. Hinata understood and gave Kiba an apple before he headed out.

As the morning sun cast its warm glow over the research lab, Naruto, Shino and Orochimaru stood amidst the buzzing activity, their conversation veering into the realm of science and suspicion.

Naruto leaned in, his curiosity piqued. "So, what have you discovered, Orochimaru?"

Orochimaru's eyes gleamed with a mix of intrigue and calculation as he began to explain. "Well, Naruto, it seems our culprit is no ordinary scientist. They've utilized techniques from molecular biology to enhance the lyssavirus, enabling it to bypass the Inuzuma canines' strong immunity. The reactivated genes from the past are also activating more inactive genes in what seems to be a chain reaction. In less than 10 days, all these Canines will have reverted back to their original state."

Naruto scratched his head, trying to keep up. "That sounds... complicated. Can you explain it in simple terms."

"He is turning the dogs to wolves from the past, called the Silver-White Wolves. " explained Shino

"Your intelligence is frightening, Orochimaru. How did you figure out all of that in such a few hours?" questioned Naruto.

Orochimaru's lips curled into a smirk. "Ah, well, you see, these techniques are quite similar to the ones I've used in my own experiments. I've dabbled in reactivating ancient genes, enhancing the power of my snake summoning. Infact, they are so similar it feels like this is one of my work."

Naruto's eyes widened in surprise. "Are you the one behind all this?"

"What purpose would annihilating the inuzuma clan serve me?" laughed Orochimaru. "Don't you believe that I've changed, Lord Hokage?" questioned Orochimaru as he stared deep in Naruto's eyes.

"Then what are you implying by what you are saying?" asked Shino.

Orochimaru chuckled darkly. "I'm saying that the person who altered the lyssavirus and infected the Inuzuma felines either possessed my scientific scroll which has all info about my scientific experiments or they once worked under me."

Naruto's expression hardened, suspicion clouding his features. "It's impossible for them to possess the scroll since the leaf had it taken from you. Right now it's in our possession. This leaves only the 2nd option.  Could it be Kabuto who did all this? He was your student, after all."

"Sasuke was my student too, why is it that your mind quickly assumed it was Kabuto." smirked Orochimaru.

"No, it couldn't be Kabuto as he is under the Anbu's watchful eye" declared Shino.

Orochimaru shook his head, amusement dancing in his eyes. "There was another, a young scientist who showed great promise. I once had him work under me in one lab. He was the 3rd best scientist i knew after me and Kabuto."

"Why wasn't this knowledge shared with us during your investigation and interrogation before being let in the village?" questioned Naruto.

"Oh, i did share it. This happened in one of the labs I burnt down after finding out that the leaf had discovered its location so as to prevent information from escaping. Before all that took place, i had a scientist whom i called Zero. He was from the Inuzuma clan. Brilliant mind if i say so myself. He performed all experiments I taught him with 100% accuracy. One day, one of my scouts alerted me that 7 Jonins led by Asuma were on their way to the lab as they had discovered its location. To prevent information about all i had done from leaking, i set the lab on fire. And just as me and Zero were making our way out of the lab, i took out my sword and stabbed him on the back. I left him there to die. His body was going to be engulfed by flames even if he somehow survived. The reason i killed him was to make sure even if the Jonins caught up to us, none of us would be caught and arrested then had all the info about what had transpired stolen. If I was the only one on the run, I knew i had more chances of escaping successfully."

"If he died then why would you suspect him" questioned Shino.

"The file about that event said nothing about discovering a body or ashes in the lab, did it?" replied Orochimaru, "So, chances of Zero being alive are not that slim." He continued.

Naruto's brow furrowed in confusion. "But why would an Inuzuma scientist attack his own people?"

Orochimaru's gaze darkened. "That's an unsmart question to ask of someone who used to hang with the likes of me don't you think, Lord Hokage? This scientist, whom I used to call Zero, had ambitions of his own. Even though he was a rouge shinobi, he never held a grudge against the Inuzuma Clan. Hell, he always spoke good of his people. He sought to lead the Inuzuma clan and bring it to its former glory. Or rather, that's what he used to tell me."

Shino interjected, his voice laced with skepticism. "Former glory? What do you mean by that?"

Kiba, who had been listening intently from the doorway, stepped forward. "Before the Inuzuma clan joined the Leaf Village, they were known for their fierce battles alongside the Silver-White Wolves."

Naruto's eyes widened in realization. "The Silver-White Wolves... Isn't that the things Orochimaru said the dogs are reverting to?"

Kiba's voice was tinged with solemnity as he continued. "The Inuzuma and the Silver White Wolves fought together, dominating the forests where they lived. They were unmatched in battle, raiding neighboring villages and feeding their enemies to the wolves. Every drop of blood spilled made the wolves and the Inuzuma stronger. This was the age even before the Leaf village was formed. The age when the Uchiha and the Senju were still at war. The Inuzuma were known for their bloodthirst and unrivalled strength. When they had the Silver-White wolves at their side, their bodies were impenetrable, hard as steel. Their wound healed quickly. And so long as they kept feeding the Silver-White wolves blood of strong shinobi, they would only get stronger and stronger."

A hush fell over the room as the weight of Kiba's words settled in. The revelation painted a dark picture of the Inuzuma clan's past, hinting at a legacy of violence and power.

"But as time went by there was peace in the lands. If the Inuzuma proceeded with their acts, the world would've annihilated them as raiding villages, small or large, was now illegal. The inuzuma had to feed the dogs chickens, rabbits, fishes and other animals which never gave them enough strength. And so, they decreased in sizes and ferocity till they became the dogs you know now. To keep themselves safe, the Inuzuma joined a newly formed village called the Leaf Village/ Konoha. And there they found safety, security and offered their services to the village. That's the Inuzuma clan you know today." added Kiba.

Naruto's mind raced with possibilities as he processed the information. "So, this Zero... he's not seeking revenge, but power. He wants to lead the Inuzuma clan back to those days? He wants to turn these Canines to Beasts. What's next... if he succeeds at this, will he wage war against the village?"

Orochimaru nodded, his eyes glinting with a newfound sense of purpose. "If he succeeds, it could spell disaster for not only the Inuzuma clan but the entire Leaf Village."

With the pieces of the puzzle slowly falling into place, Naruto knew that they were facing a threat unlike any they had encountered before. But as the weight of the situation pressed down upon them, he also felt a spark of determination igniting within him. They would stop Zero and protect their village, no matter the cost.

1