4. A Mother’s Attempt to Pay Up Debts.
62 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

After a few seconds of watching Fia twist and turn on the ground, getting covered in dirt and grime, she finally manages to stand up, her cheeks flushed red and her clothes disheveled.

 

"Is it done?" She snarls at me, clearly irritated, as I nod.

 

"You should have a few more twitching episodes, but yes, most of it is done. I'll have someone pick you up, so make sure you gather all your belongings. You don't want to know what happens if you even think of breaching our contract," I warn the scholar with a smirk, taking out my phone and calling for the helicopter. After a few moments of silence, the dull whirring sound of the helicopter blades fills the area, and a silver helicopter descends from above, opening its doors.

 

"So, I'll leave you here for now, Fia, but have a pleasant rest of your day."

 

I get one last glare from the scholar before closing the helicopter doors in front of me and taking a seat as it takes off. I'm not entirely sure of her actual worth, but with her research, there might be some cash to be made. I need to keep innovating if I am to fulfill my parents' dream of amassing a fortune.

 

"There are always a lot of possibilities, but for now, I need to think about where to eat."

 

After a quick stop at one of my favorite restaurants and getting some takeout for my captive princess, I make my way back home. Retrieving my phone, I review the CCTV footage, and I see Andrea sobbing and talking on the phone. I can only imagine she's pleading for her rescue, but her brothers know that it would only worsen the situation. Perhaps one of them is suggesting attacking my house and burning down my company to free their sister.

 

"It's quite a sad story when I think about it," I mutter to myself as I finally arrive home. Feeling my phone vibrate, I notice a message from someone unexpected.

 

"Andrea's mom? What does she—oh, what do we have here?"

 

Take me instead, please. I'm far more experienced than my daughter, and I can make you feel things that you could only dream about. Things that a chaste lady like Andrea would never do.

 

What a vulgar offer from royalty, though I suppose for her children, she wouldn't hesitate to offer herself. Truly admirable. You just can't underestimate a mother's love.

 

"Oh, what is this?" I continue scrolling down, finding an attached picture. It's an image of her mother with a similar hair color, complemented by emerald eyes, an elegant smile, and a slender body. Her turtleneck top clings tightly to her curves, and her arms are crossed, perhaps to accentuate her ample bosom.

 

"What an indecent woman," I hiss as I type a reply.

 

You don't have to do that. Your daughter is safe and being properly taken care of.

 

Hitting send, it only takes a few seconds for Andrea’s mother to reply.

 

If you’re that compassionate, then why won’t you just give me my daughter back? I’ll do anything…

 

Hitting send, it takes only a few seconds for Andrea's mother to reply.

If you're that compassionate, then why won't you just give me my daughter back? I'll do anything...

Of course, a mother's love can drive them to do anything to save their daughter. But when I look at the bigger picture, I'm not sure if it's even enough to pay off her husband's debt. Besides, Andrea is something I want to keep. She's been with me for some time already, and having someone with ties to the nobility could have its benefits. Now, to reply to this anxious mother.

If there's anyone to blame for losing your daughter, it's your husband and his delusions.

I'm not the type of person who sugarcoats things. My mother never raised me that way. She always told me to be direct and blunt as much as I can. Sure, it would have broken her heart, but I couldn't care any less. As a creditor, having emotions toward those who owe you is a game over, and I... I just don't lose. As I head into the main living room, I notice an alarm chiming from my phone. Taking it out, I see a message from Andrea's mom.

I understand that, but please, spare my daughter from this. Please reconsider my offer and contact me as soon as you can.

So desperate. It's heartbreaking to see a mother grieve for her child, but so does losing my hard-earned money.

After a quick change of clothes and asking one of the maids to heat up the food that I brought, I notice Andrea coming into my room, wearing her silky nightwear while taking a quick bow.

"How was the trip, sir?" She asks.

"It was good. I think I'd be able to collect something worthwhile. How are you with the tasks that I had my team tell you?" I inquire.

"I'm still learning, though I may have a few questions later," Andrea answers.

"Okay, maybe we can discuss it later. By the way, princess, your mom contacted me a few minutes ago."

"Mother..." Her eyes widen in surprise as I see her hands slightly trembling. "W-What did she say?" She then asks.

"I think you know why she contacted me," I answer her. "A mother's doting love is endearing, Andrea. How I wish I got to spend more time with my mom to see if she had the same affection, and I will say that her determination is nothing short of admirable. I wonder if I should take her off-"

"Please don't listen to what my mother is saying," Andrea interjects, her voice firm. "The contract's been signed, and if you're going to take her, it would be a breach of her agreements." She twists her arm, showing me the part where I injected her with the concoction I used on the scholar.

"I am aware of the contract, Andrea. I'm guessing that you don't want any more of them getting involved in this?"

"I'd... I'd rather not have any more of my household involved," she answers, causing a slight annoyance in me.

"No, Andrea."

"Wh-Kyaa!"

Without warning, I grab her tiny waist, pulling her close and making her blush.

"You don't tell me what to do. Not even your entire family can pay for your father's insolence."

 

 

2