10. A War Orphan’s Debt
102 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Magistra Academy, a bastion of arcane knowledge and learning, a place I had yearned to attend as a child. I recall pleading with my mother to allow me to enroll, but the tuition fees were exorbitant back then. I even managed to get my hands on their enticing flyers, with colorful programs and degrees for the inquisitive and ambitious. Many influential figures had emerged from this prestigious institution, and they had also been a source of substantial loans to fuel their expansion and influence. At first, their request for a considerable sum took me by surprise.

 

How could such a renowned institution require such a substantial amount? It bordered on the absurd. However, lacking expertise in the field of education and after a thorough background check revealed no outstanding debts, I cautiously approved their application. I provided them with their monthly payments and interest, not wanting to be overly greedy. To my delight, they faithfully adhered to their payment schedule, never missing a due date. I believed this would mark the beginning of a prosperous partnership.

 

"So, for them to cause any trouble is quite perplexing," I murmured to myself as I retrieved a bottle of wine from a nearby compartment. After uncorking it, I poured the crimson liquid into my favorite wine glass with care. Contemplating the possibilities, I couldn't fathom what could drive Magistra Academy to act in such a manner. There must be a reason behind it, and given their history as outstanding clients, I was eager to hear their grievances.

 

A deliberate knock on the door broke my reverie. Even before I could grant permission to enter, the door swung open, revealing a girl with dark gray hair that cascaded down her shoulders, framing a face with sunken gray eyes. Her pale skin seemed almost porcelain in contrast, and she wore a stoic expression. She could easily be categorized as a cool beauty, with a mole near her left eye.

 

"Astra," I greeted the girl as she entered my room and quietly shut the door.

 

"Have your maids informed you about Magistra?" she inquired, her expression remaining calm and collected. Her face was so close that I caught a faint whiff of her subtly floral perfume.

 

"Yes, they have. What is happening with that school? Please don't tell me you had to resort to violence again. I specifically instructed you to exercise caution with our clients," I remarked with a concerned tone. Astra shook her head.

 

"I know your instructions, but the professor has been stubborn, and I think you should go and see it for yourself," she replied. A hint of crimson colored her cheeks, which caught my attention and prompted me to take a step back.

 

"Oh, I see why you're here now," I sighed as Astra removed her jacket and settled into a nearby chair.

 

"If you know, then you'd give me the satisfaction of granting me release," she sighed, beads of sweat forming on her forehead and trickling down her cheeks. Astra had proven herself as one of the most capable collectors I had encountered since starting this business. Initially, I had reservations about her, but she had followed me persistently, insisting that she could be of service.

 

"Weren't you a war orphan, Astra?" I inquired. She nodded, her legs twisting and turning nervously.

 

"Yes, y-you picked me up and b-believed in me w-when no one else did," she stammered.

 

"That's right. You were a grimy, filthy street orphan at the time, but you had the spirit for this work. Right from the beginning, you understood what I was about," I chuckled. Astra stood up, her lips pursed, and she began to withdraw numerous pistols from her skirt.

 

"Ah, I told you, no firearms!" I snapped at Astra, though by this point, I realized it hardly mattered to the determined young woman, dropping them on the floor as she jumped on me, but I pushed her away.

 

"Is it that bad, Astra?" I asked in a teasing tone as she fell to the ground, nodding.

 

"I…I couldn't do my duties properly if you're going to keep me this way," she sighed, her normally expressionless eyes pleading with me.

 

"And yet you agreed to the terms without hesitation," I told her with a grin.

 

"B-Because y-you lied to me," Astra stammered, now taking off her top and throwing it onto the carpet. "I-It thought that you changed my mind and wanted me to be an escort to a high-profile client."

 

"For a silver-haired girl like you, Astra, that would be a waste for me," I said, sitting on the bed. "True, a lot of my clients wanted you and were willing to spend an unholy amount of money for a night with one of my chief collectors, but you were far too valuable. I wouldn't want you being swayed away," I explained, my eyes unintentionally trailing over her toned body and her ample breasts constrained by a beige bra. Sweat glistened on her forehead and lightly dripped into her cleavage.

 

"T-Then why would you not give me release, sir?" Astra cried. "I-If you want me, then shouldn't you just take me right now?"

 

My gaze locked onto hers. "I could, Astra, but the thing is that you're no princess, you're no daughter of the pontiff. You are my special project," I replied, moving closer to her. "And I wouldn't let anyone else take you."

 

"S-So you're just reserving me like I'm a prized possession?" Astra muttered through bated breaths.

 

"That's right, and when the right time comes…" My hand slid down her back, and with a quick, fervent motion, I unhooked her bra, making her flinch.

 

"I'll unwrap you right then and there."

2