Exploding Heads?
978 5 51
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
40+ advanced chapters on https://www.patreon.com/invayne

“Hahaha! You kill us!? Look, little girl, you will be nothing more than my play thin….. Ah… Ahhh… AhhHHhh!!!!!!!!” The leader of the bandit’s head turned bright red before exploding. 
 
“Seems you can’t play with anything without a head.” Shizuku had used her blood manipulation to make his head explode. The reason she could do such a thing was because she had sent a microscopic needle of her own blood into the man without him realizing it. With her blood inside him, she was able to control it and spread it out, taking control of the man’s blood.
 
“What the fuck did you just do!?” The other bandits were all frightened. They had no idea what had just happened, but the girl in front of them was not normal.
 
“Wait! She’s a Fallen! Run! A vampire!” One of the men finally realized Shizuku’s race, but it was too late. The man got two steps before his head exploded as well. This was followed by three more explosions as blood rained down over the fallen bandit bodies.
 
“Shizu… That was….” Miyumi turned and puked. It was her first time seeing such a gory scene when it came to humans.
 
“You will get used to it,” Shizuku replied as she rubbed Miyumi’s back. 
 
“Um… Thank you!” The elderly man stumbled over as fast as he could, but he had a cane, which was making it hard for him. 
 
“Mei.” Shizuku looked up at Mei, who nodded and appeared at the old man’s side and helped him over. The old man gave her a grateful look. It also seemed to relieve a bit of worry.
 
“My name is Herbedrin. I must thank you for helping us out. This village was just settled a year ago, and only a month after, we were oppressed by the bandits and forced to give up much of our food stocks. We are a hunter-gatherer village, so we all contribute every day, and these bandits….”Herbedrin lowered his head. He wished he was stronger.
 
“Don’t worry. I think if you wish to protect yourself and your people, it would be good to just say a Vampire has taken residence in the forest. It might deter some bandits from trying to stake claim here. As for the dead bodies, take them to the nearest town and get the gold for their bounty. Replace the foodstuffs they had taken from you. Do not let your people starve.”  Shizuku wanted to help when she could. She may be what these people call a Fallen, but she would not be mean to those who are kind to her.
 
“Miss! Miss Vampire! Save my daughter!” A woman in her mid-thirties rushed over and fell before Shizuku. “She went out into the forest and has not returned.”
 
“When did she go?” Shizuku asked as she helped the woman up.
 
“She…. Left this morning but has not returned. Lately, we have seen boblins in the area. Well, traces of them. They are a subspecies of goblins, and they will kidnap females from any species to breed with.” The woman’s eyes were full of tears. Just thinking of what was happening to her daughter at this time made her feel as if her heart was being torn out of her chest.
 
“Do you have anything with your daughter’s scent on it?” Shizuku asked. She did not mind helping someone save their daughter. Plus, she wanted people to see that not all Fallen were bad.
 
“Yes! Yes, I do! It’s back at the house.” The woman replied in a hurry.
 
“Alright then.” Shizuku smiled as she turned to the village elder. “Sir Herbedrin, I will speak with you after I help find her daughter. Even if all I find is a corpse, I will bring it back.” 
 
“Thank you…. Thank you….” The woman almost fell to her knees again, but Miyumi caught her. 
 
“Miss, we need to hurry. Or else we might really find a corpse.” Miyumi helped the lady up while Mei took Herbedrin and put him on her back. The group then headed back into the village.
 
Inside the woman’s house, she held out a dress that had some grass stains on it. “She wore this yesterday.”
 
“Mei sniff and and get her scent we will go into the forest and have a look.” Shizuku knew Mei had a good sense of smell so she was perfect to help in tracking someone down. Mei took the dress and gave it a sniff. After smelling it a few times, she gave Shizuku a nod. 
 
“Alright, we will head out to see if we can find her. We will do what we can to bring her back no matter what.” Shizuku did not like speaking like this, but there was no telling what kind of condition the girl would be in when they found her. Boblins were a smaller version of this world's goblins and the very same stereotypical habits as goblins from Earth fantasy stories had. They could not give birth to females, so they had to kidnap females to reproduce.
 
“Thank you… no matter if it is only a finger. Please bring back what you can if she is not alive...” As the woman spoke, she trembled. Such a scene was heartbreaking. Her daughter was missing, and from the looks of it, her daughter was her only relative.
 
“We will be off then.” With no time to waste, the girls set off towards the woods.
 
51