Bloody Staff
3.4k 4 44
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

43+ advanced chapters on https://www.patreon.com/invayne

*Boom!*

The entire entryway shook as the giant skeleton slammed the ground with its sword. Miyumi nimbly dodged the attack and continued to draw it’s attention. Mei was trying to knock out one of its legs, but the joint was really hard, making things quite difficult. “Master, can you try to cut it!?”

“On it! Miyumi, stay safe for a minute.” Shizuku waved her hand and used the blood that was swirling around her to create a large blade and shot it forward. She made sure, like she always did, to make the edge so small that it could split atoms. The air around the blade seemed to quiver as it passed through it. When it reached the skeleton's leg, it seemed to have not even cared that it was there and passed easily through it.

Shizuku took this chance to summon the blood back so it would not go to waste, and once again, it was swirling around her. Miyumi tucked and rolled from another attack, which caused the giant skeleton to lose its balance. The leg that had just been cut seemed to slide apart, and the skeleton began to fall towards the ground.

“Watch out! It’s falling!” Shizuku yelled out. “When it’s down, both of you focus attacks on the neck! Just watch out for its arms!” 

Shizuku aimed for the thigh bone instead of the joint. She was afraid it might regenerate if she only hit the join. For some reason, the thought of the leg floating back into the air and magically reconnecting like she had seen done in many anime and manga came to mind, which was why she chose the thigh bone instead. 

“Aim for the neck!” Shizuku could finish it off, but this would not be good training if she did. It was already enough for her to bring the boss down. While she was part of the team, she did not want to do everything for Mei and Miyumi since they would not learn if she took down every monster they saw. Her ability to manipulate blood to the point that she could make it a godly item was already overpowered since it could kill anything in a single blow as long as she hit it. Not to mention, she could even inject her own blood into an enemy and take over their entire bloodstream. Shizuku was not sure if all vampires had this ability or not, but she was glad she did. Just a single drop of her own blood was enough to kill someone instantly. 

“Stay down!” Mei cried out as she smashed her fist into the giant skeleton’s neck joint. A cracking sound was heard, and seconds later, the head rolled off its body. The flailing limbs stopped moving and the body began to slowly disappear into balls of light. In its place, a treasure chest appeared.

“This is new….” Shizuku did not expect to see a large treasure chest appear. 

 “Some dungeons are like this,” Miyumi answered. “When I had a chance, I did ask about dungeons from the knights. And this is what they told me. Sometimes items fall to the ground while other times they spawn treasure chests.” 

“So it’s not just at the end of the dungeon, then?” Shizuku asked. She knew from completing the last dungeon that a treasure chest appeared, but she did not expect one to fall from a boss.

“Yes. It’s any boss sometimes monsters as well. But I think it depends on the level of the dungeon.” Miyumi replied. “I only know this much. I did not get to talk to the knights much after the second week here. Helen kept trying to get us to pray to Goddess Yunni and give us sermons instead of letting us train. I mean, they summoned us as heroes. So, I do not understand what she was even thinking. They said the demon lord was going to appear in the next few years. But they were trying to fuck us instead.”

“They were probably thinking along the lines of making you tied to the church so you would do their bidding, even after the demon lord was gone. They made a mistake in thinking that they could control all of us. Luckily, I got Liandra to wake up. Otherwise, I am afraid we might end up becoming enemies with our own friends.” Shizuku couldn’t help but get angry every time she thought about it. “Either way, I plan to burn that damn church to the ground. It is fine to worship Goddess Yunni. From what I could tell, she was actually very nice, but the church is full of corruption. Innocents or not, the entire church needs to be taken down and replaced with people of faith instead.”

“Yeah… I hope we do not need to fight any of them in the future. But I am sure by the time we are strong enough, one or two might really side with the church.” Miyumi let out a depressed sigh.

“Let’s not talk about this now. Let’s see our loot.” Shizuku smiled as she walked over and opened the chest. As she did, the chest disappeared, and a few items fell to the ground. One was a weird-looking staff and some gold coins. “This is?”

“It’s a bloody staff. It can hold a liter of blood at the top.” Mei answered, her eyes glowing. She was the only one in a team with appraisal. 

44