Chapter 2
191 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Inside the Valaskjalf the Royal Palace of Asgard, two figures could be seen striding towards an office. 

These two are the Royal twins, Vidar and Hela.

Knock. Knock.

Upon arriving they knocks on the door before entering. 

""Lady Vor."" Vidar bowed slightly while Hela curtsy to Vor.

"Prince Vidar, Princess Hela." Vor return the curtsy and told them to take their seats with the same stoic look on her face they have been seeing since they first meet her.

The room in which they all are sitting is Vor's study. She does her work as one of King's advisors in here such as studying reports and taking care of paperwork and this room is also used to held lessons for Vidar and Hela for years.  

The goddess of wisdom teaches the two young godlings about many subjects such as history of the cosmos, manners befitting that of royalty, their duties as royalty, and also about the internal and intergalactic politics of Asgard. 

You heard it right. Asgardians are not only a species capable of advance magic but also travelling in the outer space and waging wars with other intergalactic empires. Even if father had not started his campaigns to conquer the nine realms, there are forces in and outside the nine that keep on causing conflicts with Asgard. 

Just yesterday I heard talk around the palace about a wannabe warlord and his forces that were trying to invade our realm but were defeated by the legions of Asgard. 

Even after living 15 years in Asgard, I still didn't understand how Thor and Loki get the free time to do all the adventurous shit they did in the stories.

Me and Hela do not have any free time to spare for leisure activities, our day starts with a brutal training session with Hildegarde then we study under Vor and after that we have to go the academy. I haven't even got time to fuckin explore Asgard's cities completely. There are tons of thing that we are required to learn for being next in the line of succession for the throne of an intergalactic kingdom, I am sure Loki and especially Thor didn't know even half of what we have already learnt.

The Thor in movies and comics spent most of his time on earth or doing some other heroic shit instead of doing his duties, a kingdom does not run on its own, that is what royalty and nobles are for, to protect and manage the realm.      

Being royalty is a pretty stressful job, but I have no desire of neglecting my duties. I had fulfilled my duty by fighting for my country to protect it in my previous life. And in this new life, if my role is to become the protector of Asgard then I will show the whole cosmos that with a competent ruler even Ragnarök is not enough to shake the foundations of the Realm Eternal.

"Today I shall teach both of you about Divinity. Usually, we do not train children to control their godly powers and the training only begins after they become adults, but the All-Father has given me instructions to increase the understanding both of you have about your divinity because he would soon unseal your godly powers." Vor said in a stern face and an even voice, but I can feel a little reluctance in her voice. 

Both me and my sister Hela had awakened our godly powers right after we was born but unlike me who is a reincarnated person and mentally an adult, I was able to restrain my new powers to a great extent. However same cannot be said for Hela who was a normal infant at that time and had no control over her divinity of death which acted on its own accord and absorbed our mother's life-force into Hela's body to strengthen her.  

There were even rumors around the palace about how Hela killed our mother at birth, but our father put an end to them by saying our mother was already ill before and giving birth was too much for her body, which is not true but prevented my sister from being seen as bad omen by our people. Father also sealed both our godly powers to avoid any further accidents like one of us unleashing our powers uncontrollably while throwing tantrums. 

So, if Vor is worried about us killing somebody accidentally because of not having good control over our powers, then her concerns are understandable. 

"Now the first thing both of you need to know is what makes us gods different from immortals and other long living races." Vor said as a small disk on her table begins to glow and project images of different beings. It is an Asgardian holodisk, a device created through the combination of magic and technology that produces holograms which appears completely realistic to normal eyes.   

"In this cosmos, there are many long-lived mortal species or some beings who are immortal to some extent, but to achieve the God status one needs to either possess an inner dimension since birth like we do, or they must gain access of a dimension and then conquer it to become its sole ruler. Numerous gods and goddesses are born through the union of two godly parents like you two who possess an inner dimension from birth but there also some gods who simply come into being through mortals' worship or other natural occurrences. This happens when Faith energy generated by mortals become sentient and get born with an inner dimension."

"The inner dimensions are an imaginary space that beings like us possess in our soul. These inner dimensions like other dimensions allows us gods to do two things. One is the ability to draw energy from these dimensions to enhance our already strong body to an even further extend and also increase our lifespan to thousands of years and these are just the ones of the basic applications of these energies." Vor explains. 

"The other ability these dimensions grant us is the ability to command certain concepts that range from elements, energies, universal forces, or aspects of sentient life such as War, Wisdom, Law and many others. For an example, a god of fire will have the ability to not only produce flames but also control the already existing fire in their vicinity. This power is the reason why mortals feared and worshiped us deities. In this universe many mortals are capable of possessing unparallel strength and can match the might of gods. One such race is known as the Eternals, they are beings capable of generating near-infinite cosmic energy in their bodies or titans, who are known for their long lives and strength, however they are not gods but simply beings that are immortal to an extent and have incredible powers." Vor said in her usual stern voice.

'I had read about them in the library before and these Eternals are not the same as the ones from the MCU.' Vidar thought. 

"Now am I correct in assuming that both of you know about the capabilities of us Aesir from your studies at the academy?" Vor question the twins.

Hela was the one who answers her question, "Yes lady Vor, we are aware that us Aesir possesses immense strength, speed, durability and regenerative ability that allows us to live up to 5000 years."

'Yeah, even the weakest Aesir is five times stronger than humans.' Vidar thought, Asgardians are bullet proof, and can even catch bullets with their bare hands if they are trained in combat.

"Yes, that is correct in the case of a normal Asgardian. But for those who has awakened their godly powers at birth or those who unlock it later in life through deep meditation or intense battle, their capabilities are far beyond that of a normal Aesir because they are gods." Said Vor.

Vor continues to talk more about divine being and teaching twins about how to control their godly powers without knowing that the crown prince's mind is wondering somewhere else.        

...

After finish studying with Vor, both Hela and Vidar started to head towards the combat training grounds of the academy. 

They have been attending the academy since they were 6 years old while all other Asgardian children only begin to attend it when they reach 15.  

Every other student in the academy only graduates when they come to age at 100 but Vidar and Hela will complete their education in the next 10 or 12 years, if they keep up the pace at which they are studying.

By Asgardian standards, Hela and Vidar could be considered toddlers when they joined the academy but since it was the All-Father's command for the royal twins to enter the academy and start their education early, there wasn't much the staff of academy could do to prevent Hela and Vidar from attending the academy. 

The principal of academy however was not very keen on the idea of children under the age of 15 joining the academy so he challenged the All-Father saying that he will not oppose Odin's children's admission to the academy if they were able to pass an entrance exam which was much harder than regular one.

Thankfully, the twins were able to pass the test with flying colors otherwise only one above all knew what Odin would have done to punish his children for failing and humiliating him due to their weakness. 

Vidar and Hela are able to keep up with other students who are older than them and eventually surpass them, due to them being firstborn children of Odin and the direct descendent of Buri, their great grandfather and the first king of Asgard, the twins have bodies that are far stronger and adaptable than other Asgardians outside the royal family. 

Plus, they had to go through the brutal combat training under Hildegarde from an early age which contributed to increasing their strength so greatly that only combat instructors and older student who are near their graduation are able to provide a challenge to them in spars.   

At the academy they learn numerous subjects which are available for all Asgardians who wish to learn such as science, runes, engineering, healing, hand to hand combat, weapon mastery and Seidr. Vor mostly teaches them subject that are not available for normal Asgardians who are not part of the royal family. 

...

Upon arriving at the training grounds, Vidar and Hela, took a spot to stand while they wait for their instructor to arrive. Many students would come to greet the twins and make small talks with them. Hela and Vidar would interact politely with their fellow students and any other Asgardian they come across, but they do not get too familiar with anybody and did not have any friends. 

For Hela, she just doesn't know how to make friends. She spent most of her time with her brother studying and training together all day long. She just doesn't have time to make friends or any need to do so. She is pretty content with spending time with just her brother.  

And in Vidar's case, it never occurred to him that he did not have any social life in Asgard. He is always busy doing one thing or another, be it studying new runes, improving his skills in combat or trying to learn Seidr.       

Soon they can see a bald muscular man coming towards the training ground with a scowl on his face and a group of students from the Seidr division following right behind him.  

This is Birger, God of combat and one of their combat instructors, he was also the captain of one of Asgard's legions. He did something stupid like not deploying Seidr users to cast barriers around his warriors in a battle and losing half of his battalion to an air bombardment in the past which resulted in him being transferred to the academy as a combat instructor for unforeseen future. He doesn't like those who use Seidr on the battlefield and considers them cowards. In addition to that he also makes the life of students miserable if he knows that they are learning Seidr. However, despite all his faults he is a good teacher when it comes to hand-to-hand combat.   

Arriving at the training ground, Birger runs his gaze over all the students who are standing in the training ground, his eyes stopped at the twins for a moment longer than other, but he continues his inspection. After being satisfied that every one of his students are present and are paying attention to him.

"All right brats, today you all are teaming up with these Seidr users to venture in a hostile environment, I shall split you all in groups of 5, three warriors and two sorcerers. Then your teams will step in the teleportation formation behind me one by one, it will transport you to one of the forests in Asgard and your goal is to find a teleportation formation in the center of the forest to return to the academy within five hours and make sure not to lose a single member of your group. Now, you have 15 minutes to pick your weapons form the weapons rack and form your groups!" Birger barked instruction to everyone.  

These teleportation formations are used for transporting people and materials all over the Asgard, they are connected at multiple locations in Asgard, just step on them and these formations will instantly teleport anyone to the other formations connected to it. Despite being a small planetary body, Asgard's total surface area still exceeds that of the continental United States, that's why these teleportation formations used to save time to transport stuff, but most people prefer to use horses or flying ships to travel around in Asgard.    

Students quickly grabbed their weapons from the racks, Hela picked a pair of swords and some daggers. Vidar grabbed a short sword and an Atgeir. It is a type of halberd but instead of an axe-head on top, it has a long blade suitable for slashing and piercing. While Vidar prefers to wield swords as his main weapon, but he enjoys wielding different weapons to gain new experience.

Hela who is inspecting her weapons, whispered to Vidar, "Hey brother, I heard a gossip in the palace that Birger stopped holding these joint exercises between warriors and sorcerers without anybody's permission out of his dislike for Seidr. Academy's higher ups give him quite a tongue-lashing when they found out about this." 

"That would explain why he was acting like he has a stick up his ass when he arrived at the training ground." Vidar said and Hela giggles softly upon hearing his response.  

'It would make sense for them to order Birger to conduct this test today by himself after they found out that he was skipping his duties as an instructor.' Vidar thought. A lot of warriors in Asgard discriminate against Seidr users due to many reasons, but mostly because they consider it to be a coward's way to escape a difficult situation and quite dishonorable on the battlefield. 

When everybody was equipped with weapons, Birger called all students and separate them in groups. Hela and Vidar were put in different groups like usual. The academy instructors always put both the royals in different teams because they want them both to learn how to lead and compete with each other.  

"Good luck sister." Vidar said as he walks towards to meet his teammate. 

Hela nodded and said the same to her brother before she turns toward her team. Two boys definitely warriors and two apprentice sorceresses.

During the reign of twins' grandfather Bor, he banned women from joining the Einherjar, Asgard's army of warriors. But Odin saw the waste of potential in preventing half of Asgard's population from not participating in battles because while male Aesir possess immense physical strength, most female Aesir are good at channeling magical energies through their bodies, way much better than males, so when Odin took the throne, he created an elite group of shield-maidens known as Valkyries.

Women still can't join Einherjar because of the commands of the previous All Father but if they are strong and determined enough then they can become Valkyries.

Hela's group introduced themselves to each other and soon started to talk about who should be the leader.

"I am older than all of you so I should be the leader of this group." A red-haired boy said with confidence and arrogance dripping in his voice. 

"I slayed a Bilgesnipe by myself recently, I say this party should be led by me." Says a blonde hair boy as he puffs out his chest.   

"I am happy that the you boys are so confident in your skills, but do you know who is way stronger than all of you and who had bested you boys in duels?" Hela raised her brows while asking them to remember who is their superior. 

"You are the one your grace." The blonde apprentice sorceress answered with a smile on her face while the two boys were busy shifting nervously.  

"Then let's not waste any more time in this silly talk and get this test over with." The princess of Asgard said in an authoritative voice before she walks to the teleportation formation and the rest of her team members followed her lead.

As soon as they stepped in the formation, the runes inscribed on the stone platform begin to glow and with a bright flash they were gone.

A bit away, Vidar was conversing with his group while also keeping an eye on his sister. He knows that his dear sister is a bit shy when talking to strangers, so she subconsciously channels her inner 'haughty princess' while speaking with others.

Seeing that she had teleported to the forest without beating her teammates in order to make them submit to her command, Vidar decides that it was time for him to also lead his group into the forest.       

 

 

7