Chapter 2
21 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

—That water was delicious —I thought with my thirst satisfied while admiring the landscape. 

My tranquility was interrupted by the growls of my stomach.

—There wouldn't be anything around here I can eat —I said looking around me.

To my bad luck there was nothing in sight that I could eat.

—Of course this wasn't going to be so easy —I said disappointed. 

—I'm only left with one option —I said determined— to venture into the forest and try to hunt something. Even though this might not go very well —I said before starting to venture into the forest.

I had barely advanced when I heard the movement of a bush next to me. I barely had time to turn towards it when something came out of it and attacked me with a stick, barely managing to dodge the attack. On pure instinct I lunged at its neck to bite it.

But it managed to dodge my attack, causing me to go straight into a bush. When I tried to get out of the bush I felt it hitting the part of my body that was sticking out several times.

So I blindly whipped my tail, feeling it manage to hit. When I came out of the bush I see something that surprises me a lot, a monster that I'm sure is a goblin somewhat away getting up a bit sore. 

—What attacked me was a goblin —I thought amazed. 

When I look closer at the goblin I notice he doesn't have his weapon and that he has his right arm hurt. I take advantage of this to stealthily approach him. When I was close enough to the goblin he noticed my presence, but before he could do anything I started coiling around his body. The goblin tried to push me away but I wouldn't let go.

I could only coil him from the waist up to right before the neck. The goblin desperately tried to break free, but I only added more pressure. To finish this at once I bit the goblin's neck, making the goblin scream in pain and fall on his back. The goblin was writhing in pain, but I just kept putting on pressure.

[You have murdered a Goblin]

I was like this for a good while, until I realized he was no longer moving. I separated myself from the goblin's body to stare at it. 

—It gives me the creeps a little, but there's nothing else to eat around here —I thought hungrily.

Nervous, I bring my head close to the goblin's body and somewhat hesitantly tear off a piece of chest meat. 

—Oh, this doesn't taste as bad as I expected —I thought while chewing.

After eating a bit more I was satisfied. After resting for a while I heard a tinkling and before I could wonder where it was coming from, ethereal frames appeared in front of my face with white letters.

[You have learned the passive skill Low Regeneration lv1] 

[You have acquired the passive skill Low Resistance Regeneration lv1]

—These must be the notifications, I think I've been lucky with these skills —I thought with food in my mouth.

Suddenly I hear a bush to my right start to move. I went on the defensive, staring fixedly at the bush, waiting for any movement. 

It wasn't long before another goblin came out of the bushes. As soon as he saw me next to his companion's body he charged at me with a rusty dagger. I managed to dodge his attack and whip his feet making him fall. I didn't waste time and bit him in the neck with Poison Fang. The goblin was trying to get up but I prevented him by getting on top of him. Even so he didn't give up and with his last strength stabbed his dagger into my body. 

Before he could keep stabbing me, I moved away a bit from the goblin. He got up quite sore, but didn't stay on his feet for long and immediately fell to the floor. When I thought it was over I felt the dagger stuck in me bury even deeper. I moved quickly making the dagger come out. When I looked at who was responsible I saw another stupid goblin.

—I'm getting tired of you guys —I said annoyed. 

Angry, I lunged directly at him and sank my Poisonous fangs into his neck. Thanks to the momentum I made him fall on his back. With him already on the ground I started shaking my head violently until tearing off a piece of flesh. 

Then I started whipping his chest over and over until I got tired. When I looked at him I realized blood was coming out of his mouth and his chest was caved in.

—I think I went a little overboard —I said seeing the mess I made.

[You have killed two goblins]

[You have leveled up from lv1 to lv3] 

[You have learned the passive skill Monster Language]

[Bite has leveled up from lv1 to lv2]

[Mild Poison Fang has leveled up from lv1 to lv3]

[Tail Whip has leveled up from lv1 to lv2]

[Fast Serpentine has leveled up from lv1 to lv2] 

[Low Resistance Regeneration has leveled up from lv1 to lv2]

Suddenly I hear the tinkling again. Not long after, the ethereal frames appeared.

—Monsters have a language —I said a bit surprised— this could help me get an ally.

—For now the priority is to find somewhere to rest and recover. But where could I go? —While I was thinking I looked up and saw something in the distance. 

—A mountain, possibly there will be some cave where I can rest.

With an idea of where to go I started sliding towards the mountain. I was going a bit slow because of the wounds the goblins caused me. After slithering for a good while and seeing I still had a long way to go, I decided to find a temporary shelter. Luckily I found one pretty quickly. 

It was a kind of burrow that I hope is abandoned. Upon entering I realized it was big enough for me. 

—This will work for now —I said tiredly as I got as comfortable as possible. 

—I just hatched and 3 goblins have already attacked me —I said letting out a yawn— I just want to have some peace and quiet —I said before falling asleep.

I wake up hearing footsteps coming from outside. 

—Why do they have to interrupt my nap —I said irritated— I just hope it's not a goblin.

Carefully I peeked out of the burrow entrance to see who interrupted my nap. I froze for a moment when I saw the creature I had in front of me. 

I realized that thing is looking for something, but suddenly it stopped and sniffed the air a bit. While it was distracted, I got the idea to see how strong it was.

0