53. Peasant Jobs
394 2 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Today they are gathered to choose from the list of jobs posted in the bulletin. 

"Since harvest season is over and winter is about to enter. With no work the farmer families are idle however, the holidays are also fast approaching. To save up more coins for Christmas some go out of town to work." Ms Emma turned to the board nailed on the side of the building named Apothecary. "Here is the list of jobs you can choose from." 

Everyone looked at the papers pinned by those who wanted to hire workers. 

Temporary maids for the inn.

Housekeeper.

Chimney sweep.

Carpet cleaner.

Sanitation. 

Hired hand for the butcher and sausage shop.  

"And by the way, you can choose to pair up, form a group or work alone." Ms Emma said with a professional smile. 

Nine people thought about it for a long time weighing the pros and cons of working alone or in a group. Sena looked up and picked a job ahead of everyone.

"Wait, put it back on the board. We haven't decided yet!" Yuni barked. "

Sena looked over her shoulder and swept her with a frigid gaze, "You want to argue? That's cute." 

Maya frowned. Yuni felt the hair at the back of her nape stand. 

"You had at least ten minutes to stare at the board. Do people have to wait when we don't know how long it will take for you to choose?"

Yuni threw a hesitant look at Maya then deliberately made her voice sound soft. "It's not fair, if you take one of the jobs there will be fewer options for us."

"These jobs here were posted not to wait for you," Sena replied casually. "What's not fair is that you don't want others to move while you stand there and make your choice. You shouldn't even boss people around. This is not your house."

[Oh, burn!]

[Hahaha good for her. But if I were Sena, I shouldn't just give her a talkdown. I should have given her a belt.]

Yuni clenched her teeth and tried to endure. If not, she would have snapped and pulled Sena's hair. "B-But that's reducing our list of choices. Right, Maya?"

"You mean you only have the right to choose first?'

"I, I didn't say that!"

Maya stepped forward to mediate, "Sena, Yuni was only trying to say that there are still a lot of us who haven't chosen. Don't be too aggressive."

"I'm just pointing out her intentions. She wanted the first pick but she was too slow to do it. When others get ahead of her she makes a scene. Now if you find it aggressive because she lost face, it's not my problem." 

Everyone turned silent. Under any circumstances people would at least try to sugarcoat their words, unfortunately, they ran into someone blunt. It peeled Yuni's mask right in front of the live audience. 

[I can't believe this Yuni is this dumb. Did she think she owns the board to prevent others from moving?]

[Shit, I hate her. She makes it sound so natural like she has no care with the world at all.]

They had a deal with the show to give them the easiest task. If Sena accidentally picked it then she and Maya will have a huge problem. "You have to wait for us!"

"That's not how things work around here, princess," TK interjected sarcastically then he stepped forward and ripped one of the available jobs. "It's not Sena or anyone's else's problem that you're slow. Like she said: save all the whining in your territory." 

Yuni stomped her foot, since she couldn't rebut TK she shouted at Sena. "Just, just put it back there!" 

Annoyed, Sena turned to their guide. "Did I break any rule?"

"No," Ms Emma said, then looked at Yuni like a problem child. "First come first serve." 

Sena no longer asked and put the paper in her pocket. Stepping back down, she noticed Maya looking at her. She raised the corners of her lips then turned her back to her. The show had been waiting for this kind of quarrel to hype the audience but she doesn't care. Having been stumped by the guide, Yuni sniffed and ran to Maya crying.

"I just wanted all of us to have more time to decide first. She makes it sound as if I'm preventing everyone from choosing."  

The audience was appalled. Isn't this saying that Sena bullied her? She made an embarrassment of herself but stubbornly tried to dump the fault on other people.

[Bleeeeurgh… damn princess disease!]

[What a way to make an excuse.] 

Many see this as an opportunity to get noticed. Eron Shi for one walked towards the cousins and helped coax the offended Yuni by throwing in light-hearted jokes. "It's alright, there are still more jobs left."

Maya leaned down and whispered something, changing her expression drastically. "Really?"

"There is no problem at all." Maya said, "In fact, this is a good opportunity."

Gan on the other hand moved near Sena to strike up a conversation but before he could even get close, Sena turned and went to Nancy. 

"Do you want to pair up with me?" 

"Y-Yes but I'm a little slow." 

"So am I but two pairs of hands are better than one." Nancy was flattered. Sena spoke for her when she was in trouble earlier so she quickly nodded her head. 

Arthur and TK seemed to have an understanding, the two of them chose jobs as hired hands for the butcher shop. 

"Ah, this is a little hard." Luan groaned looking at the list of remaining jobs. 

All of it is hard to do and dirty jobs. Sanitation, carpet cleaner, and housekeeping. She is in a dilemma. 

"You haven't decided what to pick?" 

When she turned back she saw the cousins. Maya invited Luan to join her to be helpers in an inn saying that it was the easiest job among the ones posted. 

"Sister Luan," Maya said softly. "The other jobs are hard labour but I noticed that the one manning the inn by the main road is the best among everyone else's. I intended to invite all the girls to make it easier for us, too bad Sena and Nancy already have jobs. We could have formed an all-girls team for the first time." 

Luan secretly eyed the two girls discussing cleaning the chimneys and felt it was ridiculous to choose this job. She doesn't like Maya personally but her suggestion might be the best one above all. In the end, since the all-girls team cannot be formed, they also invited Eron Shi and Gan to the fold. Thus five of them received the job at the inn.

 

***

 

Off-camera where the crew and staff rest, Apple watched Sena on the screen both with shock and awe. What kind of countryside ghost possessed the Miss that made her so… different? 

From sleeping on the rickety bed to burning the hearth. He never once imagined she would be able to light a fire in the hearth using a flint when she didn't even know how to open a modern stove before. What could have occurred when he returned to Europe? According to the bodyguard's report, aside from occasionally going to work and spending time with her degenerate friends, there was nothing unusual that happened to her. 

Where did she learn to cook and clean? Sure she has experience in the ranch but she wouldn't be able to remain this calm. The pigs' smell alone could have reduced her to tears. He watched her grow from a little ball inside Paula's stomach to the fine lady that she is now. She dislikes anything ugly and dirty. But this huge gap put him at a loss. 

The 'her' right now, it was as if looking at a Sena from the future who is more experienced and mature. Little things like dirt, smell etc could no longer bother her.  

The program director and the staff also were amazed at the sudden turn of events. The show was supposed to test people's attitudes and limits. The contestants were already struggling since the warm-up task and they started raking in more viewers. 

But unlike the previous seasons, the contradictions and arguments did not attract much attention instead they became a negligible feature. For the first time, their viewers did not indulge in delivering insults, instead, they keenly observed each contestant. Among those nine, a few people emerged and quickly marked people's minds. 

[These kids are not bad, they can do their tasks well.]

[Right! I thought I would be seeing more crying and screaming. I always thought rich kids would lose their marbles as soon as they were dropped in the countryside with nothing.]

[I rather find the ones screaming and complaining unpleasant to watch.]

[This shows only the level of education.]

[I particularly like Nancy, she was polite with her assigned family and got along with the children. She neither complained about the small room nor said anything about the simple meal. You can see that she is making an effort to adjust. Her parents raised her well.]

[I can say the same to Sena. The kid is probably the most pampered among the nine of them but she surprisingly handled her situation well. I thought she would be more dramatic among the rest.]

[Honestly, I was waiting for her to blow her top but after observing her since their arrival to the farmhouse, she remained calm. Arthur Min is the same, as both business elites, they sure are ready for any type of condition. I commend that.]

In the Capital City, Linda and Leo watched the Livestream of Sena's task with enthusiasm along with the driver to their housekeepers. The living room is surrounded by people looking at the girl cleaning the pigsty on the widescreen. 

"Oh, pigs, they're humongous!" Linda exclaimed. "How could the crew give this kind of task?!"

One push from those pigs and Sena will topple over.

Leo chuckled, "I'm amazed how the kid did not jump over the fence and run to the hills." 

"Those things look like they bite. What if she gets bitten." 

"Relax, the kid knows what to do. Look, she's not even panicking at all."  

Sena carefully raked the wet hay and removed the food scraps from the through. She shooed the pigs getting in her way to the dryer end of the sty. When the dirt was gone she cleaned the floor with water.

Linda was a little suspicious, "Where did she learn all this? Don't tell me she sneaked behind our backs and went to some farmyard for the experience." 

Leo had the same question as the missus but he just brushed it off as one of her quirks. If Sena had something she was interested everything else doesn't matter as long as she gets to experience it and knowing her, she had always been interested in the countryside.

Her viewer ratings gradually increased when she cheerfully exchanged conversation with the cameraman conducting a little interview. Somehow watching her move about was a delight to the eyes, her voice and gestures felt relaxing and added by the charming country background, her frame looked like a pleasant documentary of its own. 

The one most ecstatic of this effect was the scriptwriter of the program. He intended to give the script to another director but because of a debt to a friend the director of Challenge Me managed to convince him to use it for the 4th Season. 

It was supposed to be an experiment show where they would put professionals to live in an ancient village to revisit the old way of life but it somehow got exploited as a reality program where you put unlikely individuals and leave them to struggle. He lost all hope, but then, Sena's arrival changed the overall momentum. 

She made full use of the set to enjoy. 

 

***

 

Among the many day jobs offered, Sena and Nancy chose the most practical one. A chimney cleaner. The reason being is that jobs like this do not require you to stay overnight and the more chimneys you clean, the more coins you earn. An added bonus is that you have no other boss aside from the yardmaster assigned to designate the task.

On the contrary, working at the inn may look fancy on the surface but she knew how tiring and demanding that job is. Visitors come and go, even to the wee hours of the night. You not only have to tend to the needs of the guests but also watch over the mood of the innkeeper as well. You have to wake up at any time and do your duties to be worth the money they pay.

At nine in the morning, the casts officially separated for the real challenge.

Maya looked at Sena’s departing back with concealed gloat.

She wanted to see how long she lasts in the program. How well will she perform? Be careful not to capsize your boat later.

In the town, the paid extras did their roles with gusto pulling carts, hawking and trading to make a lively image. They walked towards the house where the yardmaster, the supposed boss of the chimney sweeps, took the orders from. The yardmaster is a stout middle-aged man with a tobacco pipe, his costume appears to be dirty in line with the job. 

After exchanging superficial greetings, he briefed them about the work. The do's and don't when entering the employer's house. As lowly peasants, their employers came from affluent backgrounds so be careful of offending them or breaking any of their favourite things. Sena and Nancy understood, then marched to the site bringing along with them a broom and a pail provided by the yardmaster. Sena broke off a few branches of holly while Nancy gathered dried straws. The holly collected were tied together to make a bundle.   

As a chimney sweep, they had to be careful not to let the ash stain the carpets and the frame of the exquisite fireplace or it would be deducted from her wages. 

"First, we have to roll the carpets in half, then lay a coarse cloth on the floor to catch the dust and soot we scrape," Sena told Nancy. This tip was not taught by the yardmaster. 

"Where did you learn all of these?" Nancy asked her. 

Sena let out a giggle, "From watching people work." 

She said it so naturally. 

Two cameramen followed them, one was uncle Felix and the other was Liv. 

The girls moved the furniture away from the fireplace and covered them with a cloth to prevent them from getting stained.

"It's dirty up there," Sena said when she went in and looked up the flue. 

Nancy was puzzled. "How do we clean this? The broom won't reach it." 

She thought they would only take out the dust, soots and ashes from the logs in the hearth.  

"The broom is to sweep the ashes and debris later. As for cleaning the flue, one of us might need to go up. Are you afraid of heights?"

Nancy nodded reluctantly, she has no experience climbing roofs. 

"I figured." Sena laughed. "Leave it to me." 

"Are you sure about this Ms Erde?" Uncle Felix was worried. 

"We need to talk to the owner of the house to find the ladder leading on the roof." 

Moments later, Sena took her overskirt and was left with cotton pants on. 

"Our little volunteer is gung-ho about the cleanup." The house owner said cheerfully. "I'm expecting a good result."

With a rope slung on her shoulder, Sena went over the roof carefully stepping on the tiles and bricks. 

Nancy shouted, "How are you up there?"

"Yeah, I'm good."

"Be careful, hold tight on the sides. Your family will kill me if you fall." 

"Don't worry, everything looks nice up here. A few birds poop on the way but they won't be an obstacle." 

When Sena reached the chimney vent she clapped her hands. "Very good, very good." 

Sena looked down on the vent, unwound the rope and said, "I'm sending it to you." She then dropped it to the flue pipe down to the fireplace. Nancy caught and tied the bundle of holly at the end so when Sena pulls the rope, the holly bundle will brush over the sides of the vent scraping the dirt. 

The house was only two-storey high and the rooftop wasn't as difficult as it seemed to be but it could still break a few bones once you slipped. Having this thought, Sena felt a delicious thrill crawling from her toes up. Felix followed her using the attic room's window near the chimney. The tiny opening was enough for the camera to be positioned and shoot her heroic deeds.

"How does it feel being a chimney sweep?" Uncle Felix asked. 

Sena pulling the rope and bundle up replied, "A little dangerous but it's an eye-opening experience."

"Perhaps not your first time cleaning one then?" 

Sena laughed and looked back, "It's my first time coming up in such an old fashioned fireplace." 

"First time? How did you learn about cleaning it with holly?" 

"I've watched it in a documentary before. Others that I know of using a small child or someone slim enough, tie them securely then slip them into the flue pipes to clean dirt. I also heard that houses who had no kids sometimes use live chicken." Sena pointed at the cockerel marching round the hens in the garden below. "A chicken is tied then dropped from the flue whereas the poor thing will flap its wings trying to go up, then its claws scratch on the side of the walls bringing down soot and dirt as they go." 

"I've never heard of this before but it's quite interesting to know." Uncle Felix spoke. 

Sena paused and peek at the flue. "If no more soot and debris is falling, we're done with the scraping." She called to remind Nancy. 

This job had to be done by two or more people but since the houses are of average sizes, Sena calculated it wasn’t so tiring when there are only two of them.   

When Nancy yanked the rope down, a heavy cloud of dirt came along scraped by the prickly leaves from the bundle. They repeated it a few more times until settling to clean the insides of the fireplace, gather the ashes and sweep the floor.

The cameramen gawked at the girls' fast and efficient movements. Sena didn’t even look confused or need further instructions from the crew, whatever Nancy lacked, she covered subtly. They were on a roll for a whole day. Liv, who followed Nancy and knew how delicate she was, was surprised she did several chimneys without letting out a complaint. 

"If I didn’t know any better, I would think you worked as a chimney sweeps before." Uncle Felix joked seeing them looking like dirty cats. 

Sena smiled. You don't have to be a chimney sweep to know how to clean fireplaces. Her grandpa's house in Switzerland needed a good chimney clean before holidays and she had watched servants bustle around cleaning all five large fireplaces since she was small. The sheer sizes of those are enough to roast cattle.

"I didn't know cleaning chimneys was a very tiring process in ancient times. My bones feel like they are going to fall apart." The good thing is that their task is done for the day. 

They went to the yardmaster to return the bucket and broom they rented then received their salary for today. 

 

On the other side of the little town, at the coaching inn where the other five people decided to work, the situation was looking quite optimistic at first. On their way to the site, the five had a harmonious interaction about what kind of challenge they will be facing but things changed when they met Ms Emma, the innkeeper and his wife. The job has a demanding timetable they have to keep up. Carriages carrying passengers come and go at this kind of service area several times a day and all five of them have to experience this firsthand. Their work will then be judged for their hospitality, speed and efficiency. 

Slow work will turn the whole inn into chaos. 

The innkeeper’s wife just finished assigning them to their duties; Maya will work as a chambermaid in charge of cleaning up the guest rooms and also their laundry. Yuni and Luan to the kitchens, while Eron Shi became a server boy and Gan to the stables to learn the basics of taking care of horses from a professional.  

Before the first coach arrives, they have an hour to come to grips with their assigned jobs at the inn.

In the kitchens, Maya was called to lend Yuni and Luan a hand to process today’s meal.

"When the coaches are here, your work will be tending to the rooms alone but when there is no customer, you are down here in the kitchen to help with miscellaneous things." The innkeeper's wife explained. 

Maya’s face turned pale for a minute there and asked, "Didn’t I choose a chambermaid’s job?"

"That’s all just for formality, hon. The inn is short on hands so we have to make do with what we have. Any problems?" 

"N-No, just asking." She smiled while trying to convince herself it won’t always be this way. The program couldn’t push them too far, not when her mother invested in this season.

"You three ladies have different jobs to do." The head cook started, "First, you need to clean up the fresh ingredients and prepare them for cooking." 

She presented the baskets with three chickens, a bucket of fresh fish and a whole leg of smoked ham.

"No way that I'm facing a chicken twice today," Maya said vehemently. 

"Don't worry, I'm picking this one so leave it to me," Yuni said smilingly then screamed when a chicken jumped from the wicker basket.

The head cook sighed, "You hold on to that chicken or else lunch will be lost and you will be paying for it."

Yuni wanted to burst into tears shoving the nasty hen back as it pecked her. When did a little lady like her come close to a live chicken all her life? The only time she had seen chicken was when it's on the table ready to be eaten.

Luan was trembling all over but she still chose to clean the fish in the bucket. The innkeeper’s wife gestured for Maya to follow, making her already pale face lose its remaining colour.

"I, I don’t know how to…" Maya stammered holding a knife. "I eat meat but I don't want to slice fish."

"You're kidding me?" Luan looked at her. 

The innkeeper's wife wasn't pleased. "Well, it’s time you learn."

Maya had no choice but to move. The fish are still alive moving energetically in the bucket. Luan scooped one using a bamboo strainer and slapped the head with the back of the knife. Although she moved clumsily, it can be seen that she is trying to make an effort. She scaled the fist, sliced the belly and took the guts out. The process was crude and the flesh almost exploded. 

Luan laughed at the camera, "I guess I'll get scolded. I butchered the fish." 

"S-Sister Luan," Maya moved closer to her, looking teary and sad like a bullied child. "I, I don't know how to clean it. Can you help me?"

Luan felt weird all over. They were given a task that is why she tried to swallow her nausea when smelling the fishy blood but Maya had never moved a finger and now she's asking her to help?

"Yes, Sister Luan. Maya hasn't touched any of these…" Yuni echoed. 

"We're all the same then," Luan said. "It's my first time gutting and scaling a live fish as well."

In short, why complain when I didn't? What's with her speaking on a moral high horse? Even she, who was born with money, knew how to appreciate where her food came from.

"No." The innkeeper's wife happened to return and scolded the two. "What are you waiting for? Hurry up!"  

Maya bit her lip and scooped a fish but she was too afraid to hold it thinking it would poke her hands with its fins. Luan rolled her eyes on the side while observing the farce. Tears rolled on Maya's cheeks, she was crying as she held the fish and scaled it. 

"I'm sorry, I'm not really used to this." She said in sniffles. "I can't, I can't do it." 

She put down the knife and refused to move. Yuni wanted to help her again but the innkeeper's wife said, "Are you sure you want to pass on this challenge?" 

Maya nodded slowly. "You can take my points but I'm sorry I'm not doing it."

Her fans expressed their sorrow, feeling sad for her for being forced to do what she doesn't like. 

[Oh, our baby…]

[Don't worry, there are more tasks you can do to show your strengths.]

[This show pushes the limits. How inhuman! Maya said she doesn't want to. Why do they have to be so inconsiderate?]

[I think asking her to kill and clean a live fish is very brutal. Don't force her to do something she's uncomfortable with.]

The innkeeper's wife, observing them closely, talked to the head cook. 

"How are they?"

The head cook shook her head. "Oh, she will surely get fired. This kind of attitude will send her out the door faster than she arrives here. When we say you are under service it means you have to follow what your landlord or employer wants you to do." 

[Hahaha I dunno but I'm pretty sure I eat fish clean and gutted. I'm not keen on how Maya Luz eats her fish though.]

[With scales and guts perhaps that is why she was so shocked to see this.]

[Hmm, I wanna ask the same to Maya's die-hard blind fans. Why did she enter this kind of reality show when her courage is as small as a sesame seed? You can't cry your way to number one.]

[Simple, it's for fame. Remember how she was rumoured to join a live-action drama of a popular teen novel?] 

Maya had no idea about the large shift in the viewers' impression of her except her mother. Mrs Luz watched in anger as the comments about her stink. 

"Why is this happening…" She mumbled absently. 

Didn't they have an agreement to give Maya the easiest task and let her stand out? Yuni was there to help her as well, with her fame she can carry Maya under her banner but that is not what she was seeing. Yuni's popularity as a child celeb had no effect, her behaviour sowed a negative image and clinging close to Maya made an even more unpleasant combination. 

Mr Luz ignored her and went to the study to work. Seeing Maya's earlier crying with such a minor issue greatly displeased him and he also did not want to face his wife who had little understanding of the show's content. 

The first coach came while the whole inn was still in the middle of preparations. The gate unceremoniously opened to welcome them all to the parlour/dining hall. This is where the real work began.

"The coach is due to leave in thirty minutes so I suggest we speed up our work lest we make our guests grumpy." The innkeeper’s wife reminded them by clapping her hands.

The head cook looked at her helping hands with a headache. 

Gan received the reins of the two tall horses. He has to feed, groom and let them rest in those half an hour. An extra was there who also posed as a stable boy while Gan struggled to remove its harness. The extra ran to rake fresh hay and carry a bucket of water to the trough.

Inside, the Eron Shi began to announce what was on the meal. There is warm vegetable soup, a barrel of beer on the counter, roasted chicken, fish and bread side dishes. Among the five of them, he was lucky enough to get the easier job--- or so he thought.

The kitchen was delayed on the meal because of its two squeamish helping hands. The head cook was upset with Maya’s constant wincing and changed her position to help Yuni with the chicken instead. She regretted that she did not choose fish because the head cook said they have to clean the chicken.  

"You said you don't want to clean the fish so I'm leaving it all to Luan when it's supposed to be finished by two people. Now, I will assign you to Yuni." 

Maya could have no word to rebut, if she refuses again, she will be removed from the show. Yuni was glad she came to help but when the lifeless chicken was handed to them they fumbled on what to do. 

"No, no there is no way I'm touching a dead chicken!" Yuni complained. 

Maya shook her head. "Me neither."

[She said she eats meat but refuses to understand and accept the process of how it becomes food.] 

[I don't think she should be in this show. Her performance was horrendous since the first task, her mind wasn't really up for it which defeated the entire purpose of the program.]

If Sena could see the comments she would most probably laugh. They weren't here to show the audience how they take the challenge of living in ancient times, they were put here to be entertainment clowns. 

Things only changed for the better when she broke the original trajectory by joining and showing them the correct theme they should be focusing on. 

"Time is running out ladies, the coach is going to arrive soon." 

The cousins had no choice but to move their idle hands. They ended up screaming and crying while plucking the feather, cleaning the innards, chopping it to many parts and making a mess. It had been fresh but after they let go of it, the meat was broken and the bones were sticking here and there. The lady innkeeper came and saw the devastation and looked at them grimly. 

[You can't blame them, these girls are born pampered by their parents. I'm sure they don't even know where the meat came from aside from the grocery.]

[Is that sarcasm? I feel that is it.]

[Isn't crying for every little thing a bit of an exaggeration?]

[These girls were so out of touch with reality. They have to get out of their bubble.]

The online lynching feast was inevitable, Challenge Me is much anticipated for this where contestants are being publicly viewed by people. All their faults and imperfections were magnified. Season 4 delivered delectable victims for them to prey on as usual but it was far from its original victims. 

The innkeeper's wife was not content with Maya's work so she was shooed back upstairs to tend to the guests who rented a room. Inside, an old couple waited for the late chambermaid to come. Their faces were already hard to figure out when she entered.

"How can I help you, Sir and Madam?" Maya swallowed the unpleasantness from downstairs and went about her duty. This job is much better than being in the kitchens.

"Do you not know what you ought to do?" It was the old man who asked her. His brows knitted together.

Maya looked at the beddings, they were freshly replaced, the furniture was dusted impeccably as for the refreshments? It had been placed on the table before they started. What was missing?

The old lady sighed and rang the bell for the innkeeper. A stout man came running to their door. Removing his hat he inquired with an awkward smile, "How may I help you?"

"Do you leave your fireplaces like this or do you usually leave your guests to freeze?"

The innkeeper was dumbstruck. Although it was all acting, the reaction very much described how it would be in real life. Maybe even worse with all the cursings and beatings.

He looked at Maya pointedly, "What else are you waiting for?"

Maya scampered to her feet to reach over the mantle of the fireplace to search for a tin box. Her mistake was that she left the room without starting a fire, making the guests enter a chilly room. She will get fired! 

She paused when she saw there was only a small white stone in it, some kindling and metal rod. How is she supposed to start a fire with this? She doesn't know what to do! 

Lunch was late because of the late ingredients in the kitchen. Eron Shi, who acts as the waiter, received the anger of the customer point-blank. They kept complaining, making him run to the kitchen to rush an order. He made several errors in serving and got scolded. 

Gan on the stables fumbled to place the reins and straps back to the horses. He knew nothing about horses and was a little afraid to approach them. Thankfully, the extra was willing to help a bit. All these caused the coach to be delayed for another half an hour.

Their first day ended with all kinds of failure.

10