Volume 1 – A Sudden Visit (2)
441 5 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Notice: A major divergence point to fate has occurred. 

The user has decided to defy fate and wished to change her status to conceal her status as a <Hero> which has been confirmed that this divergence will lead to a fate where the Demon Lord will be defeated. 

<Critical Point of Fate> (0/10) > (1/10) has been used.]

[Notice: <Information Concealment Magic> and <Optical Concealment Magic> skills has been bestowed to the user in response to the use of <Critical Point of Fate>.] 

I sighed as I can see my status change in front of my eyes as it changed to what the status that I want to reveal in front of everybody.

Looks like I'm safe this time... 

——————————————

After the priest announced that I have 3 elemental affinities, the sudden appraisal made by the Sirius church inside the mansion has also ended, which made every staff and their children to go back to their respective apartments. 

It's now only me, my parents, Auntie Clara, the priests, and the paladins behind them that were there this whole time.

"To think that Young Emi possesses 3 elemental affinities is a real surprise, considering the rarity of these three being in one person alone." The priest who appraised me said with such excitement on his face.

"Mama, what is he saying?" I acted as if I'm asking Auntie Clara curiously, but it was the priest who answers my question.

"Young Emi, our affinities works by channeling our mana to force a change to our surroundings solely through our willpower. This is what the Creator of this world has made and is meant to make." He explained to me, as if he's expecting a 5-year-old child to understand what he was saying about magic. 

I mean, I understand him, but no other kid would understand what he's saying.

"So... I have three... What's the difference? What does the priest guy mean, Mama?" I asked her curiously, keeping up with the act. 

And this time, it's Auntie Clara's turned to speak. 

"Emi-chan, it's usually like this. Us humans can only control 1-2 elements in our entire life, and they can be inherited in nature. This means that what elements your father and mother have, you would also have it as well." Auntie Clara answered, which I would've understood immediately if I think like a child myself. 

"Your mommy's right. The existence of 2 affinities have been normal, with utilizing these two together to make a 3rd elemental affinity, being an elemental transformation between the two.

In your case, however, it is doubled. You can create 6 affinities, including your three natural affinities. Your fire and wind affinities can cause an elemental transformation known as the "Inferno Magic" while your water and wind affinities creates an elemental transformation called as "Ice Magic". Lastly, your fire and water affinities would create "Mist Magic". 

In a battle between mages, you are quite potent for a talented mage like you." The priest answered as he explained as if he's teaching me. 

These kinds of elemental mana transformations into other elements... This reminds me quite a bit with Kekkei Genkais from the Naruto franchise...

"Unn... I see..." I confirmed as the bald priest sighed. 

"To think that there's no traces of the True Hero even after 5 years he was born... This is really concerning..." The bald priest said with a frustrated tone. 

Compared to what he said, it's a bit concerning that the status itself have confirmed that what I did is the right choice for this matter. 

This means that these Holy Empire people are dangerous people to cooperate with. 

"As we told you already, there's no one in this mansion that even bear the elemental requirements to that of a True Hero." Mama Diana retortedbas the bald priest clicked his tongue in response. 

"Tch... Then we will have to appraise every citizen if we have to. This is our Lord's will, after all." The bald priest evilly smirked. 

"Yours, yes. We only cooperated with your church for the greater good of humanity, but the state is separate from the church here and we can't allow such forceful actions happen here within our turf. 

You should be careful with your actions, or you guys will cause an international incident." Papa Edmund retorted back as he went in front of Mama Diana. This statement from the Duke himself made the bald priest's face darkened in anger. 

"Such barbarians who doesn't appreciate our Sirius church's kindness. You lot, let's get out of this barbaric territory!" The bald priest said as the paladins started to march towards outside the mansion grounds. 

Meanwhile, the priest who was amicable to us bowed in front of the four of us and said.

"My apologies for Archbishop-sama's words, Your Royal Highnesses. We have been traveling for 4 years straight, so he is not on his greatest moods as of yet, but we cannot obey his Holiness' decree." The amicable priest said as he bowed for a moment to pay respect to my parents. 

"It's understandable, Sir Fyodor. It can't be helped since it is indeed for humanity's greater good, after all." Auntie Clara responded as she pats my head. 

"I shall take my leave now. Young Emi, may the Goddess be with you." He said to me with a smile on his face before leaving the mansion grounds as well. 

The Goddess, huh... So they're treating the Hero Sirius like how the Christians is with Jesus Christ, while their Goddess is to that God, huh?

Interesting...

——————————————

Auntie Clara and I followed Mama Diana and Dad back to the office as Mama sat on her chair while Dad sat on the couch that was near the coffee table which has some distance from Mama's table. Auntie Clara and I remained standing within the room.

It's a typical personal study room from medieval times, I guess?

"That damn baldy, who was he to go around our territory without permission?!?!" Mama Diana sighed in frustration as Papa Edmund responded. 

"Come on now, Diana. We barely stopped them today. I'm sure that even we can't deal with their paladins head-on if they decided to kill us on that spot." Dad sighed as I was surprised that even they can't deal with those people.

As the two of them calmed their minds for a few moments, I broke the ice within the room and asked everybody. 

"Umm... Auntie Diana, Uncle Edmund... May I ask as to why we're here?" I asked in a curious tone, as usual.

As their attention turned to me now, I felt a sudden magical pressure from Mama Diana's eyes.

[Notice: The user is currently being appraised using an "Appraisal" skill from the individual "Diana Margaret von Celestia". 

Your status concealment has come undone.]


W-Wait, hold on?!?! What's up with that, Mom?!?! 

"As expected... Edmund, can you leave the room first. Get Clarence for me, okay?" Mama Diana sighed as she smiled at Dad. 

Having no choice to go against his wife, he left the room to get Clarence. Meanwhile, Mama Diana looked at me with a melancholic look on her face. 

"Emi-chan, as you might have noticed already, I've made your Auntie Clara train you to become your little brother's attendant for the past year and a half. Do you wanna know the reason?" 

With Mama Diana asking me this question with a serious look on her face, I've already noticed the look of disbelief and surprise in Auntie Clara's facial expression. 

It seems that it was time for them to know the truth, huh? 

24