Volume 2 – Altair’s Holy Knights
388 0 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As we arrived at the front of the reception room, Papa Edmund said to Auntie Clara.

"Clara, have the the kids go to this room for now since the Count and I will be discussing things inside the room." 

"Yes, Edmund-sama." 

"Let them have snacks while we're gone." He added as he and the Count left together, leaving me, Auntie Clara, Marie, and the two childhood friends in front of the reception room. 

"Alright kids, let's go inside the room to wait for your parents. I'll bring you some light snacks in a little bit." Auntie Clara said as I smiled while both Corinna and Clarence nodded excitedly as Marie opened the reception door and all of us except Auntie Clara entered the room. 

As I and the other kids sat on the couch with the coffee table with Clarence and I sitting on the same side while the blue-haired kid is on the other side of the table in another couch. 

It was this girl that started the conversation.

"It's nice to finally meet you, Lady Emilia. I'm Corinna Izveld von Albert, daughter of Count Albert. Your little brother talks highly of you." Corinna greeted me as I smiled at her and reciprocated her greetings.

"Likewise, but keep the Lady title oit of it since you're Clarence's friend. It's good that he has found some friends." I smiled as Corinna asked me a question. 

"How about you, Emilia? After all, it's better to have a lot, considering your status." She asked curiously as I chuckled a little bit. 

"I'm fine with not having many. It would be quite a drag to babysit other kids. I would choose learning magic over doing those anytime." I shrugged a little bit as she chuckles back.

Corinna then went to talk to Clarence about the things that they can really discuss anyway.

As I turn my head around, I can see Marie who was standing at an ample distance from Corinna as I got up from my seat quietly and wemt to Marie-san who immediately notices me.

"What can I do for you, Lady Emilia?" She asked with a respectful tone. 

"Marie-san, I'll just let the two kids have their own conversation as we'll have our own." I said with a smile on my face. 

"You really didn't sound like a kid just now, Emilia-san. It makes me look like I'm talking to a little Clara than anything." She chuckled. 

"I'll take that as a compliment, Marie-san." I smiled as Marie asks me a question. 

"What can I do for you, though?" She asked curiously. 

"I've overheard your conversation with Auntie Clara earlier. Is it right to assume that you, along with my parents and Auntie Clara were a part of a famous adventurer party at some point in the past?" I asked with curiosity in mind. 

Her face shows a smile after I asked that, as if she anticipated my question and said in response.

"Yes, that's right. We were famously known as 'Altair's Holy Knights' in the past by the people, primarily because of your mother Diana since her healing powers are comparable to that of the legendary Head Pontifex Rossiya who was the healer of the Hero's Party which defeated the Demon Lord 5,000 years ago." She answered as she added. 

"We revolved around her command as a party, and as the result, we were branded as her Holy Knights by the people of this kingdom.

That resulted in having the beef with the Church, which is an another story in its entirety. But so far, we're a relatively famous party, yes." Marie ended her little storytelling with a chuckle on her face as I nodded understandably. 

It seems that they really have experienced a lot of adventures throughout their years that I can't help but imagine my experiences when the time comes for me to do this as well.

"Emilia-san, do you wanna ask some more questions? I'm willing to answer all of them with the best of my abilities." She said as it broke my brain if thought that accidentally got deep into it for a moment there.

"Yes, I have a few questions in mind." I nodded as I answered her question. 

"How many you guys were in that party, and what job you had?" I asked as she chuckles a little bit before answering my question. 

"Good questions. We had six members overall. Your Mom who's the Saintess, your Dad who's the Lightning Swordsman, your Auntie Clara as the Lily Rose, Heinrich-san is the Crimson Blade and your Dad's sword rival, Sophia-chan the shield bearer being known as the Mithril Fortress, and lastly, me... their go-to master alchemist..."

She answered as she elaborated more with a full description of how their party was structured and how their 6-member party held together against monsters. 

What the two of us didn't noticed was the fact that Corinna and Clarence were now listening to Marie-san's storytelling while Auntie Clara, who just arrived inside the room with a trolley full of sandwiches and tea was surprised with the situation right now. 

"Marie-chan, let the kids eat their sandwiches while we tell them more of our story." Auntie Clara said to Marie, as the two kids turned their attention to the trolley full of sandwiches. 

Just with the whiff from it, I could tell that Uncle Lois has actually made chicken in a mayonnaise spread this time for the sandwich. 

I really missed this one...

——————————————

A few hours have passed, both Corinna and Clarence were asleep while sitting on the couch side by side as their stomachs are full of the light snacks that they've eaten, so they felt sleepy afterwards.

"After eating, they get to sleep easily as usual." I chuckled as Marie-san asked. 

"How about you, Emilia-san? Aren't you sleepy yet?" She asked as Auntie Clara went inside this room with a big blanket, as well as a book that I requested her to get. 

"Emi-chan, here's the book you've requested. Are you sure you don't wanna have sleep this afternoon?" She asked while smiling as I nodded to answer her question. 

After that, I got the book and continued reading to where I stopped last night, in which this book is a magic that's focused on creating golems. 

Marie-san immediately noticed me reading the book and asks me.

"A book about golems? Are you interested in that?" She asked curiously. 

"I've already covered and practiced basic magic and I already have my magic control comparable to that of chanting Intermediate-class Magic. I'm only lacking the necessary mana pool to cast it myself, but other than that, I would focus on magic tools for now since that's more accessible to me." I said to Marie-san while I continue reading the book. 

"As expected of Diana's child, you learn quickly... Even more than Diana herself, wow...

If this is the case, then there's something that I want to ask you, Emilia-chan." She asked as I heard the change in her honorifics to my mind due to the lingering effects of the <Translation Magic>.

Now I'm curious...

"What is it, Marie-san?" I asked curiously, expecting an answer that would be good for my training.

"Are you interested in becoming a Master Alchemist's disciple and learning Alchemy with me?" She asked as I noticed Auntie Clara who's super surprised with what Marie was saying. 

With Alchemy at my arsenal, there's many things that I can do, and is possibly one of the things that would have a huge influence to my fighting style in the future. 

So there's a natural answer to all of this.

——————————————

Character Portraits:

Corinna Izveld von Albert

Spoiler

[collapse]

Johann von Albert (Count Albert) 

Spoiler

[collapse]

Marie Elise Elrod

Spoiler

[collapse]
15