Chapter no.64 My Path
480 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Read advance chapters of all my works or want to support me .

https://www.p.a.t.r.e.on.com/Adamo_Amet

....

Join us on discord : 

https://discord.gg/DXv2nkTB

••••••••••••••••••

[ Selection Confirmed: Player Nie Li has chosen Option 1- Make Xiao Ning'er your follower ]

[ Process: Simulating path parameters and narrative development. ]

As time resumed its flow, Nie Li stepped forward with a smile. 

In a swift, fluid motion, he reached out towards Xiao Ning'er. 

His hand, quick as a flash, skillfully caught her wrist, twisting gently but firmly in a practiced move that forced her to release her grip on the moonlight dagger. 

With the grace of a seasoned martial artist, he effortlessly plucked the weapon from her hand.

Xiao Ning'er, taken aback, leaped backward, putting some distance between them. 

She eyed Nie Li with a mix of confusion and fear. The ease with which he had disarmed her contradicted everything she knew about him. 

"This guy is supposed to be just a talentless student?" she questioned internally, her mind racing. 

The memory of him fainting on the first day of class clashed with the display of power she had just witnessed. 

"But this aura, he a demon spiritualist. What does he want with me? Could he be working with Shen Fei?" These thoughts tumbled through her mind in a chaotic whirl.

"Who—" she began, her voice tinged with suspicion and curiosity.

Before Xiao Ning'er could finish her question, Nie Li flicked a small, glowing pill into her mouth. 

Startled, she felt an immediate warmth spreading from within her, a sensation she had never experienced before. 

The Golden Sky Pill, upon contact, began to work its magic.

Xiao Ning'er's body started to glow faintly as an intense soul force burst forth from her. Inside her, the frigid, stagnating Arctic Yin soul force that had plagued her began a remarkable transformation into Yang soul force. 

The phenomenon was astonishing: the accumulated Yin energy around her ribs, feet, and back started to shift, turning into a warm, vibrant Yang. Months of suffering and agony began to fade away as the Golden Sky Pill's healing powers took effect, offering Xiao Ning'er a chance at a new beginning.

[ Name: Xiao Ning'er ]

[ Status: Heir to the Winged Dragon Family,

Shen Fei's Fiance ]

[ Cultivation Level: 2 Star Bronze rank ]

[ Physique Level: 3 star Bronze Rank ] 

[ Class: Fighter, Demon Spiritualist ] 

[ Race: Human ]

[ Health Points: 3000 ]

[ Soul Force: 289 ] 

[ Battle Power: 1091 ]

[ Class Features: 

- Perception 

- Soul Force Manipulation 

- Third Eye ]

[ Allies: None ]

[ Equipment: ]

- [ Moonlight Dagger ]

- [ Spatial Ring ]

- [ Enchanted Dress ] 

[ Description: Xiao Ning'er, a noble of the Winged Dragon Family, is ensnared in a power play by the Sacred Family, forcing an unwanted arranged marriage on her. Possessing a rare green soul realm, she fights the societal constraints, determined to gain the strength to reclaim her autonomy and defy her fate. Xiao Ning'er has been saved from a fate worse than death by Nie Li. ]

Nie Li's eyes widened in disbelief as he read the updated description of Xiao Ning'er's situation. 

"Fate worse than death!" he muttered to himself, shaking his head. 

"Wow, Shen Fei must be an even bigger jerk than I thought if marrying him is considered a fate worse than death."

"Excuse me!" 

A voice snapped Nie Li out of his thoughts.

He looked up to see Xiao Ning'er gazing at him, her eyes filled with gratitude and a sparkle that suggested she saw him as her knight in shining armor. 

"Why?" she asked, her voice a mix of curiosity and awe.

In response, Nie Li did something unexpected. 

He placed his hands on Xiao Ning'er's cheeks, gently cupping her face. 

Xiao Ning'er's cheeks immediately turned a shade of deep red, a clear blush spreading across her face. 

But before she could react further, Nie Li began to shake her head back and forth, rather violently.

"What the hell is going on?" she wondered, her brain doing somersaults inside her skull

The world spun around her, and in a matter of seconds, darkness engulfed her vision, and she passed out in Nie Li's arms.

In his moment of triumph, Nie Li couldn't contain his excitement. 

"My plan worked!" he shouted, his arms shooting up into the air in victory. 

However, in his enthusiasm, he momentarily forgot that Xiao Ning'er was still in his arms. The sudden lack of support sent Xiao Ning'er tumbling out of his grasp and directly onto the forest floor with a loud "thud." 

The poor girl's face met the ground first in an unfortunate greeting.

"Whoops," Nie Li muttered, realizing his mistake a second too late.

Quickly realizing his mistake, Nie Li scooped Xiao Ning'er off the ground. 

Gently, he cleaned her face, brushing away dirt and leaves, then began to walk towards the clerk station, all the while glancing at the system, which was still processing. 

"Guess I finally figured you out," Nie Li mused quietly to himself, a plan forming in his mind.

His strategy was straightforward yet clever. Nie Li planned to replicate the approach he used during Shen Xiu's mission of Love and Betrayal. 

He intended to accept the mission but then deliberately place himself in a scenario where the existing conditions would shift significantly, prompting the system to alter the simulation's trajectory towards the intended objective. 

This wasn't mere speculation; Nie Li had deduced that the system adapts the simulation's path based on changes in circumstances.

For example, during his second life, the love and betrayal mission resulted in him dying to Shen Xiu, but in his current life, Shen Xiu and him had a pretty decent relationship of trust between them. 

The mission was the same, the reward was the same; what was different was the path, and that was only because he had changed the circumstances.

Dissatisfied with the binary choices the narrative point offered regarding Xiao Ning'er, Nie Li resolved to follow a third path of his own making. 

He decided he would do both: save Xiao Ning'er and also make her his follower. 

....

Zhang Ming and Wei Nan were lounging in the clerk's office, idly watching Du Zhe pace back and forth with impatience. 

"Come on, let's just go hunting. Maybe we'll bump into Nie Li," Zhang Ming proposed, hoping to break the monotony. 

Du Zhe, however, paid him no mind, too fixated on his own thoughts while the clerk dozed off nearby.

Ever since witnessing Nie Li's remarkable defeat of the Horned Sheep, Du Zhe had been determined to befriend Nie Li. 

The trio was baffled by Nie Li's unexpected strength. 

They had always known Ye Ziyun, Xiao Ning'er, and Shen Yue to be the top three students in their class. 

Yet, Nie Li's effortless victory over a 1-star Bronze rank Horned Sheep made them question everything they thought they knew about their classmates' rankings.

"Guys, you might want to look at this," Zhu Xiangjun interrupted, peering out the window. 

He had been tasked by Du Zhe to keep an eye out for Nie Li.

At the cue, Du Zhe quickly tidied himself up, smoothing down his clothes and hair, rehearsing his introduction. 

"M-My name is Du Zhe. My name is Du Zhe," he repeated to himself, aiming for the perfect first impression.

However, as the door swung open, the group was taken aback. 

Instead of the solo Nie Li they were expecting, they saw him carrying an unconscious Xiao Ning'er on his back. 

The trio stared, dumbfounded, as Du Zhe rushed towards Nie Li, hand extended for a greeting.

"My name is... Xiao Ning'er," Du Zhe blurted out, completely botching his rehearsed line. His eyes were fixed on Xiao Ning'er, draped over Nie Li's shoulder, leaving him thoroughly embarrassed.  

"What?!" 

[ Narrative Point Detected ]

[ Select from the following ]

[ 1- Become the Leader of the Commoners Group ]

[ 2- Become an Ally of the Commoners Group ]

....

[ Author Note: Next chapter on Saturday, I am little busy on Wednesday ] 

7