Chapter 3. The Knight Princess and the Inspector
47 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After burying the dead and aiding the injured cat knights. Kazuto, Nyarotep, and the Meowpolitan Order of Knights decided to head back towards the City of Palatine, south of this forest. It seems like the territory I was in is called the Kingdom of Forspandia, located in the southern part of the Continent of Pacifica ruled by Queen Alice I. Accordingly, the kingdom is currently in its golden age of prosperity and economic boom after the reforms and laws enacted by the current queen.

However, many nobility from this kingdom became wary of the current status quo as this prosperity meant the increase of wealth of the commoners and the power of the queen hence threatening the current balance of power in the kingdom. That is to say, the current situation in the kingdom is so dire and fragile that the notion of civil war might occur at any moment now.

"Hey Nyarotep, can I ask you if there is any noble that I have to be cautious about in the city? Like a ruling house or something." (Kazuto)

"Nya? There was once, a Count House, but they fell into ruin after accusations of rebellion a year ago, now its currently under tight RoyalControl hence The Meowpolitan Order of Knights currently supervises the Hooman Territory nya" (Nyarotep)

"I see, that tells me, we have been traveling for hours already, and I just realized that there were no cat person or any animal persons we've encountered ourselves, was this supposed to be normal?"

"It is nya. We came not from this nation but from a far nation in the east. You see, we were all hired by the current queen nya to become her knight order after the constant assassinations and rebellions committed by the past knight orders under her command nya."

It seems, just like my previous world. Nations from this world do seem to have the same notion of hiring foreigners to fight for their battle and their security. Just Like the Byzantine Emperors and their Varagian Guards, the Moewpolitan Order of Knights seems to come from the Republic of Simone as a band of wandering mercenaries. The Queen, after observing their skills in battle, hired them not only as mere mercenaries but as her band of knights.

"We are almost near the city nya? Hey Kazuto once we arrive, you have a lot of storytelling to give us nya." (Nyarotep)

It seems like my circumstances as a transported person caught the interest of Nyarotep and the Knight Order. According to them, there have been a lot of transported persons like me in the past, some of them became heroes of their time, some became great kings and generals, great inventors and some became the source of great evil and malice themselves.

Looking at the far distance, we can see already the city. Contrary to my expectations, they seem to encompass large buildings and towering infrastructures that can be seen as akin to that of Rome in Modern-day Italy. Entering the City, we see a bustling street filled with people from different circumstances in life, some of them, waving to the knights passing by them, some even offering food to the injured knights themselves.

As we left the busy streets of Palatine, we became closer to the Castle of Itre, the current headquarters of the Metropolitan Knight Order. Upon our arrival, 30 Cat Knights were ready for our arrival. Together with them were a large group of medical staff and healers.

As the Cat Knights and healers began to aid the injured, a lady walked towards where me and Nyarotep is. She is adorned with a beautiful white dress, and with ornaments so dazzling that you will think of her as someone from a fairy tale. She has golden hair that shines brightly in the warm sun and a cute and beautiful face, one can say that she's my type. Noticing Me and Nyarotep, she let out a warm smile and ran to where we were.

"Nyarotep! It's nice to see you well!"

"Your Highness, as you can see I am all well and alive. We have managed to injure the Waghoba. This city is safe for the time being"
"That is good to hear, and so? Who is this man beside you?"

"This is Kazuto, an adventurer. He was with us when we defeated the Waghoba...that is he was the one who did the most damage to it" ( Nyarutep)

"I see, interesting... it's a pleasure to meet you Sir Kazuto. I am Princess Serena of Forspandia. Thank You for helping out Nyarotep and the Order in defeating the Waghoba. How am I supposed to repay you this debt?" (Princess Forspandia)

"It's all mine your highness. I didn't do anything noteworthy" (Kazuto)

I said while trying to hide my awestruckness towards the beauty in front. That is to say, this world does possess knowledge that I don't know. Maybe I can ask her Highness to allow me to use the library of this city.

"That is your Highness, may I be allowed to use the Royal Library of this City?" (Kazuto)

"Of course, Sir Kazuto " (Princess Serena)

Princess Serena gave me a necklace with the emblem of what was supposed to be a Lion and two swords embedded in it.

"Show this to the Library Custodian and he shall allow you to use the Library for all that you wish" (Princess Serena)

"I am grateful for such grace Your Highness" (Kazuto)

"Now please excuse me Sir Kazuto, but I have to talk about important matters here with Nyarotep." (Princess Serena)

"I see, well then let's meet later Nyarotep" (Kazuto)

"May our paths intertwine again Kazuto" ( Nyarotep)

Nyarotep and Princess Serena then proceeded inside the castle. I didn't notice but Princess Serena gave me a worrying glance before she entered. Now alone, I guess it's time for me to proceed to the Library then. Wait, I just forgot to ask for monetary compensation, didn't I?

0