Chapter 3.5 The Cat Knight’s Resolve
28 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Nyarotep POV

I look at where Kazuto once was standing before entering the castle together with Her Highness Princess Serena.After we arrived, the castle was filled with many Guards and Healers trying to heal the injured in our exploration. Walking inside the corridors of the castle, I can see the different paintings and statues while many people can be seen busying themselves with Administrative and Operational Work. Princess Serena then asked me suddenly

"Do you think that this Kazuto fellow is a trustworthy person Nyarotep?" (Princess Serena)

"Yes your Highness, with the short time that I have been with Sir Kazuto, I can definitely say that not only is he a trustworthy person, but he is also a very powerful individual who warrants observation" (Nyarotep)

Waghoba was a very powerful beast that devoured anything on its bath. Coming close to it means exposing yourself to a very powerful energy of thunder and lightning. This made it hard for us Knights to fight it head-on, hence the large amount of casualties on our side.

Arriving at Princess Serena's Office, she signaled all of her staff and guards to exit the premises.

"So? What can you say about the powers of Sir Kazuto?" (Princess Serena)

Taking the plate of cookies from the table her secretary, then sat on her table, crosslegged while staring at the windows behind her. She then signaled for me to sit on the bench near her table. I kindly accepted her offer.

"One thing is for sure Your Highness, Sir Kazuto possesses weird powers that enable him to continuously inflict damage against the beast. Not only that but during our travel back, it seems like he possesses knowledge and wisdom that might be beneficial towards the progress of our kingdom and Her Majesty's Faction." (Nyarotep)

During our travel back to the city, Kazuto seems to ramble about different ideals, some of them in line with what the current queen is trying to implement

"I see, well then one thing for sure that I've learned in this conversation is that we might have a potential great ally... or a threat if we look the other way." (Princess Serena)

Princess Serena then faced me and stood up. Walking towards the table where the portrait of her Mother, Her Majesty the Queen was hung, she then proceeded to eat the little bits of cookies left.

"Say Nyarotep, what if we offer him a place on my retinue? Like a Chancellor or a Commander per se?" (Princess Serena)

"Your Highness? I am not clear of what you mean?" (Nyarotep)

I questioned Her Highness knowing of her intentions. Ignoring my question, Princess Serena then decided to write something on paper and gave it to me.

I want you to recruit Kazuto to our side no matter what it takes. Use all means necessary" (Princess Serena)

"Hmmm??!!!Yes Your Highness" (Nyarotep)

"If it fails, however, I guess we can't just ignore such a person roaming around these regions unnoticed. If he decided to join those pesky nobles, then I would personally use the power of the crown to subdue him. "(Princess Serena)

"Yes Your Highness I shall quickly do what you ask" (Nyarotep)

The moment the order was given, I firmly swore upon my 9 lives, that I would do anything just to ensure the safety of Kazuto. This offer must be accepted before he became a pawn of those nobles

Announcement
Short POV Chapter. More Updates Coming soon I guess

 

1