Chapter 4. The Inspector and his thirst for Knowledge
49 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kazuto POV

The City of Forspandia, a bastion of Human Resistance against the Demons and Monsters that lurk within the Northern Lands. While strolling on the streets of this great city towards the great Royal Library, I can't but notice the Amount of Soldiers, Mercenaries and Adventurers that are present. This is followed by a great number of merchants and vendors that appear in almost all corners of the city, selling simple skewerd pork tenders to straight up selling weapons. I guess in a sense, this is really another world. 

Walking further down the main street in the busy city I finally found it, the great city Royal Library. As I was reaching closer, the city guards stationed near the vicinity of the library stopped me. Unlike the Cat Knights of Nyarotep wore simple leather armor and armed with a simple shield and spear.

"Halt Stranger! What business do you seem to have with these Noble Grounds!" 

A guard with a red hair and what seemed to be wearing a more decorated piece of armor, pointed his spear towards me, quit on guard for a total stranger if you ask me.

"Greetings guards, I am Kazuto Minamoto, I have permission coming from her highness Princess Serena to utilize the Library."

"And what business does a confidant of her highness have with the library?"

The red headed guard decided to question me and signaled the other guards to ready themselves.  Afraid that the situation will excalate further , I decided to take the parchment that the Princess gave me and shown it to the guards. 

"I am a foreigner you see, I am not well verse with the current culture and political landscape of this realm. On me is the decree coming from her highness that can vouch for my identity."

The guard then decided to take my parchment and looked at its details. Verifying its contents, the red headed guard then signaled the other guards to lower their weapons and gave me back the parchment. He seems to have a very apologetic look in his face. Scratching his head he then placed his spear away from him.

"Im sorry about that Sir Kazuto, I just had to make sure since for the past few days, many trouble makers kept on threatening the peace and order of these parts in the city. Some of them even claiming to be confidants with her highness. "

"No no no, I dont really mind it uhm what might be your name?"

"Ah yeah, I am Philip, a Sergeant serving under the Civil Guards, that blue haired old guy there is Marcus, and that young newbie there is John. Well not that it really matter since you'll forget about it"

While Introducing themselves, the other guards waved and did some salute by placing the palms of their hands on their chest.

"Oh uhm hello, I am Kazuto Minamoto, just your run of the mill foreigner passing by. Anyways I really appreciate meeting you Philip, but I do really need to proceed to the Library as quickly as possible"

"Sure, Lads give way for Sir Kazuto!"

Making my way towards the library, I was at awe with the amount of books present inside. This rival that even of the great libraries in Earth during the Medieval Age. Looking at the massive amount of books, I can't help but realize...that I am not literate with this world's language at all! But such as was unfound when the moment I look at the books, they contain familiar words, that is they are somewhat written in Latin!

Latin..a dead language in my old world is somewhat the dominant language in this world. This could mean that this world has some strange connection with my old world. What ever it is, I guess this is something that really piques my curiousity. I decided to pick the books related to History and Politics first, while also taking some book in the Magicology section of the Library.

Accordingly, this land that I am in is called the Continent of Pacifica. In this Continent Lies 5 Major Powers that vie for dominance over these regions.

The Empire of Acroticus led by Emperor Maximillian, is located at the west of the continent

The Xinzhou Dynasty is located in the eastern part of the continent. It is currently led by the Heavenly King Han Jhou

The Holy Aeternum Empire in the south-western part of the Continent. It is led by Emperor Romus 

The Republic of Villica in the South-east led by Doge Jonathan Fretheri

and lastly the Kingdom of Forspandia, located in the Northern part of the Continent. It is currently led by Queen Alice I.

The continent of Pacifica even with the presence of the five powers remained at peace not until a great tragedy that happened fifteen years ago. Large amount of monsters began to pour from the northern lands of the world, destroying everything in its path, this threatened the safety of many cities especially the three major powers that border these regions. One of these nations is the Kingdom of Forspandia.

 The past king, King Alexander, the current queen's uncle was a weak man. He was only but a pawn of the nobles whom destroys and rottens the country from within. And with the advent of the invasion of these monsters, it seems like the power of the North might fall. Alice, the Current Queen of the Kingdom saw the disaster might unfold and created a contingency plan, that in the advent of the fall of the King, she shall commence a coup and take the throne for herself. Creating the Famous Meowpolitan Knight Order, she then gathered her forces and strengthened her position in the Royal Court.

 2 years after the invasion, the King decided that It was time for him to lead the army towards victory not knowing how foolish such a move was. Alice, the only sane one in the room and moved by family relations and blood, tried to stop such an action. But the foolish king decided otherwise. He led an army of 100,000 men towards the north. Days after, news of the decimation of the Royal Army began to arrive. 

Alice, then decided to secure the throne for herself and in this instance, united the country against the wrath of the Northern Monsters. Winning one battle from another, she managed to secure and recover all the territories lost from the invasion garnering her the support of the populace. She was then known, as Queen Alice, First of her Name, and the Saint of Forspandia. 

 

While looking for clues that relate to the Old World that Kazuto came from. Kazuto didn't realize it, but hours have already passed inside the library. Tired from the constant need of translating words inside his mind, Kazuto decided to stop reading and proceed towards the City Markets to eat. On the way to the Exit, he has met a rather familiar person.

"Philip, what brings you here inside the library?"

"Hey Kazuto, I'm sorry for earlier but me and the rest of the Civil Guards received some standing order to protect every Important Individuals inside the city outside the Castle quarters"

"How so? What suppose to be the problem Philip?"

Philip reluctant to answer. Gave me a rather heart pounding statement

"It seems like there have been some massive coup happening inside the city right now. The Mercenaries that were suppose to join the Royal Army in the Expedition to the north have raised the banner of rebellion. They have occupied major facilities inside the city, right now we are taking you to the Castle Quarters."

Understanding the situation, I then followed Philip and the rest of the guards. Once we were outside, we were suddenly rained upon by a volley of arrows. Killing half of the guards with us. Trapped, it seems like my life in this world will be quite a hard one I guess.

1