chapter 3
95 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the vibrant heart of the Uchiha clan, the elders had organized a challenge to hone the skills of the older trainees. However, Tabuki and Shisui, with their exceptional talents, had managed to secure their participation, burning with the desire to prove themselves.

Word of Tabuki and Shisui’s involvement in the elders' challenge spread rapidly among the Uchiha clan, particularly among the older trainees. Among them was Hiroto, a skilled but somewhat arrogant 12-year-old known for his competitive nature. "These kids need to wait till their balls have dropped before they try to compete with me. They might be geniuses compared to the other novices, but I'll show them their place," Hiroto confidently remarked.

The task was to navigate through the dense forest surrounding the Uchiha compound, retrieve hidden scrolls, and return undetected by some newly promoted Uchiha genin patrolling the area.

Tabuki, always one to plan ahead, had scouted potential scroll locations in the forest the night before. The competition had been announced a couple of days earlier, and Tabuki, with his foresight, was determined to exploit every available advantage.

The challenge began at dawn, and the forest had transformed into a labyrinth, providing an ideal setting for the test. Hiroto, who had entered the forest with confidence, quickly realized that this was no ordinary training exercise. The intricate traps and clever placement of the scrolls demanded more than just basic ninja skills.

Meanwhile, Tabuki navigated the forest with calculated steps, executing his plan with precision. His ability to anticipate and outmaneuver the traps set by the genin showcased his exceptional intelligence.

Shisui, in another part of the forest, moved like a shadow. His innate understanding of stealth allowed him to avoid detection effortlessly. His skills seemed unusually advanced for someone of his age.

As the challenge progressed, Hiroto grew increasingly frustrated. He had underestimated the complexity of the task and, more importantly, the capabilities of Tabuki and Shisui. He watched in disbelief as Tabuki created multiple diversions by manipulating small chakra strings to rustle leaves and snap twigs in distant areas, drawing the patrolling ninjas away from his path. This enabled him to easily retrieve a scroll from a heavily guarded area. Meanwhile, Shisui's silent approach enabled him to secure a scroll undetected, showcasing a level of stealth that even entry-level genin could not match.

By midday, the challenge drew to a close. One by one, the participants returned, some successful, others not. Hiroto, managing to secure a scroll after much effort, was among the last to return. The elders gathered the participants, preparing to discuss the day's events.

Surprise rippled through the other participants when they learned that Tabuki and Shisui had been among the first to complete the task, holding their retrieved scrolls as they emerged from the forest. The two youngest competitors had not only completed the challenge but had done so with a level of skill that rivaled, if not surpassed, their older peers.

4