chapter 5
37 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Please note that this is not the same Shin Uchiha as the one in Boruto; it's a fictional character named Shin, who is on par with Fugaku in skill.*

In the quiet of the early dawn, Shin Uchiha watched from the shadows, his gaze fixed on the two young Uchihas, Tabuki and Shisui. He had been observing them for weeks, learning their habits, strengths, and weaknesses.

"They're geniuses, no doubt," Shin whispered to himself, "but still so young, so raw." He admired Tabuki's strategic mind and Shisui's instinctive agility, yet he also noted their inexperience, their reliance on basic genin-level jutsus.

Shin’s observations continued. He saw Tabuki’s tendency to overthink in the heat of battle and Shisui’s occasional recklessness. "They need guidance and control," he mused, his expression a blend of admiration and concern. "But their potential... it's like nothing I've seen."

Day after day, he watched their training. Their fire-style and lightning jutsus were impressive for their age but lacked refinement. Their taijutsu, while agile, was predictable.

Tabuki and Shisui sat cross-legged, an array of shuriken spread before them. The early morning sun cast long shadows over the training ground, where they had been practicing since dawn.

"Bet I can hit the bullseye more times than you, Tabuki!" Shisui boasted, his eyes glinting with the playful challenge.

Tabuki smirked, "You're on, but let's make it interesting. Loser treats the winner to ramen!"

Their laughter filled the air as they took turns, each throw punctuated by friendly taunts and cheers. But their game was abruptly cut short. Shin Uchiha's voice, cold and unnerving, echoed all around them. "I'll let you both experience death today."

The boys stiffened, their smiles fading into confusion and fear. Before they could react, masked attackers burst from the shadows, their movements a blur of deadly intent.

The ensuing battle was brutal and unrelenting. Tabuki and Shisui, though only seven, fought with the ferocity of cornered animals. But the attackers were merciless, their strikes aiming to maim, to terrify.

Shisui, his agility remarkable even in dire straits, spun away from a slashing blade, but not before it grazed his arm, drawing a stark line of blood. "Tabuki, watch out!" he cried, his voice trembling with pain and fear.

Tabuki, his heart pounding in his chest, launched a counterattack, but his chakra wavered, his youth and inexperience showing. An attacker's fist connected with his stomach, knocking the wind out of him. He hit the ground hard, his vision blurring with tears.

As they fought, desperation took hold. The world narrowed to the clash of kunai, the sting of cuts, and the metallic taste of fear. Each blow they took was a stark reminder of their vulnerability, their mortality.

In a horrifying moment, Shisui screamed as a kunai embedded itself in his leg, pinning him to the ground. Tabuki, seeing his friend in agony, felt something primal awaken within him. His eyes, once a deep black, ignited into the crimson swirls of the Sharingan.

Fueled by fear and fury, Tabuki unleashed a ferocity he never knew he possessed. "Lightning Release: Thunderclap Strike!" he roared, his voice cracking. Electricity arced from his fingertips, striking an assailant.

But it was not enough. Overwhelmed and outnumbered, Tabuki felt a sharp pain in his shoulder, his own Sharingan activating in response to the acute stress and emotion. He stumbled next to Shisui, their eyes meeting in a silent understanding.

The attackers, seeing their sharingans, paused, their mission changing. They withdrew, leaving the boys broken and bleeding.

Shin Uchiha emerged from the darkness, his face inscrutable. "Ah, awakening the Sharingan so early, I see," he remarked, his tone void of any warmth, "It appears experiencing death can be wait."

Shisui and Tabuki, still consumed by fear, automatically assumed defensive stances, their Sharingan illuminated eyes remaining locked onto Shin with vigilance.

"Allow me to formally introduce myself," Shin began, his voice steep. "I am Shin Uchiha, and the clan has decided that I shall be your mentor. Unfortunately, the choice in this matter has been revoked this time. Consider it an honor, but be aware that my training regimen is far from lenient. I won't confine my guidance to merely preparing you for Genin status; instead, I shall mold you into true ninjas.

0