Chapter 3 – Where am I?
319 3 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When I opened my eyes, I found myself in an unfamiliar place. I felt cold, and my body shook non-stop. "Hm?" I stood up with difficulty and looked around.

"Where?" I was on a vast, snow-covered plain. My feet were aching from the icy snow. The ice was burning my skin. "Huh?" In the distance, I could see a city.

And just behind me, there were several high mountains.

Still nervous, I started walking towards the city. Near me was a very dense forest that gave me the shivers. Then, a wolf suddenly appeared to attack me.

It was a monster over two meters tall with sharp teeth. It drooled as it looked at me.

"WAIT A SECOND! WASN'T I IN MY ROOM?!" I screamed as I ran desperately. My body was light, and I was running faster than the wolf, so I soon managed to escape.

Only for another wolf to appear a few seconds later.

The wolf's appearance was very familiar to me. It was yellowish, which didn't make sense since wolves are usually gray, black, or white. There are wolves with many colors, but none with this yellow color.

"Wait a second." Panicking as I ran desperately, I finally said. "System!" When I called the system, a status appeared in front of my eyes. It was a status I also knew.

[ Name - Falcon Dragneel ]

 

[ Level - 1 ]

 

[ Mana colors absorbed - 0 ]

 

[ Strength - 120 ]

 

[ Agility - 202 ]

 

[ Endurance - 78 ]

 

[ Magic - 260 ]

 

[ No skills acquired ]

In addition to this data, more things were appearing.

"Isn't that the system I created for that fanfic I just wrote?" I felt a shiver run through my whole body.

VUOSH!

Cutting through the wind, a wolf suddenly appeared. I felt its claws pass close to my face. I would have died if I hadn't managed to avoid its attack.

Fortunately, my Agility is high.

"You son of a bitch!" I shouted, irritated. Without thinking, I advanced toward the wolf and threw a kick in its direction. My movements were much faster than the wolf, so I hit it.

The wolf's head, which my kick had hit, was blown into several pieces.

When the wolf was killed, and the end of the first chapter ended, I finally woke up.

####

My body was sweaty, and I didn't know what to think. I'd just had the most real dream I'd ever had. I had felt it. It was like reality.

"But wasn't that the first chapter of my fanfic?"

Falcon Dragneel, a weak boy, was sent to a world similar to Fairy Tail. It wasn't the same, but very similar, and the characters from the original story lived in that world.

Nervous and completely desperate, he started heading towards the only town nearby. But he was attacked by wolves and found out about his abilities.

"The chapter was long because I added many details, but not much happened. But, strangely, I dreamt about it." It was as if I had possessed the body of the character I had created.

I got up and washed my face in the bathroom. I had dark circles under my eyes, and even though I wasn't sleepy, it was as if I hadn't slept all night.

I went downstairs and came into the kitchen, where my mother was finishing preparing breakfast. My sister and father were still asleep.

"Good morning, son. Did you sleep well?"

"I had a strange dream." I grabbed a glass of water.

"Strange dream?"

"I'd gone to a completely different world and almost ended up killed by giant wolves."

"That must have been scary." My mother gave me a gentle smile.

"Yes, it was." I kissed my mother on the forehead and then went upstairs to look at the website. I wanted to know how the first chapter of my fanfic had been received.

"Hm?" With the dashboard open, I noticed that I had 99+ more notifications.

When I opened it, I saw over 400 notifications in total!

Comments, votes, reviews. Even with one chapter, several people had already added reviews. It was usual for this to happen even in my old life. A lot of people would give reviews like "EXP EXP EXP EXP" or put in various emotes.

But it was different here.

[ Rating - 5 stars ]

 

[ Wow, I've never read anything like this before. It's only one chapter long, but I'm captivated by this story. The author describes so well all the emotions the protagonist felt when he woke up in an unknown world.

 

What's more, the description of the world is frighteningly above average.

 

But the strangest thing about this story is that it's based on a story that already exists. Why hasn't anyone thought of this before?

 

I'll be following you! ]

[ Rating - 5 stars ]

 

[ How can a novel have such an excellent first chapter? And why does it have Fairy Tail in the title? Even reading the synopsis, I still don't quite understand it. Is the protagonist in the anime world?

 

That's a unique proposal! ]

 

Several five-star reviews have been given—12 of them in total. However, there were also two negative reviews. They were from Fairy Tail fans. They were both furious that I had used the name of the work.

Even so, there was still praise in the reviews.

[ Rating - 1 star ]

 

[ He just took the name of a famous work and put it in the title of his story. Has he no shame, man? He's doing it to get the attention of us Fairy Tail fans!

 

Anyway, it's fucking well written. ]

I started laughing when I finished reading the review.

"The first chapter has over 40 comments."

[ EdgeLord144 - I NEED MORE CHAPTERS! ]

[ Henri4 - Why is this shit so good? It's impossible that a novice author wrote this ]

 

[ DragonSlayer - I opened this novel because I saw "Fairy Tail" in the title, and now I'm captivated. Damn, this is so good ]

"These readers are very... They're already praising it even though it's only the first chapter."

14 reviews, 45 comments, and all the rest were notifications of votes I'd received.

My fanfic had received over 300 votes and was already in the top 200 on the site with just one chapter.

A huge smile appeared on my face. I quickly opened Word and started writing the second chapter.

 

 

Favorite?

20