Chapter 4 – Patreon.
329 0 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Before I knew it, hours had passed, and I hadn't gone to college. However, I wrote over ten chapters.

But I decided not to post them all at once.

"The notifications keep coming. It's already over 30,000 views, and 3,000 people have added it to their library with just one chapter. That's wild. The votes have already passed 600."

I was still in the top 200.

"I've also received a lot of five-star reviews during this period. The novel's rating is 4.9 out of 5 stars."

With the dashboard open, I posted the second chapter of the fanfic and then opened another site. I remembered something that most fanfic authors did to make a bit of money.

"I will create it but won't publicize it now." I opened the "P4treon" and created a page for myself. The name of my page was also ZeroX, just like my name on the webnovels site.

As soon as I created it, I added Yuki's PayPal email so that I could receive money.

"The page is under review."

Yuki didn't have a job, so helping to pay the household bills was something he didn't do.

"If I'd had such a talent when I was living my other life, I wouldn't have become a deliver guy and been killed." I sighed and went into the bathroom to take a cold shower. I hadn't eaten anything all day, so I went downstairs to get something to eat.

Dinner was approaching, so my mother was preparing the food in the kitchen.

"Good evening. You haven't left your room practically all day. What were you doing?"

"Writing."

"Writing? Are you still writing? I thought you'd given up. You have to focus on your studies and also get a job. Your sister is already looking for a job."

"Yes, Mom, I'll get a job." I drank a glass of water, grabbed a bag of snacks and a juice bottle, and went upstairs to my room. I sat down in front of the computer again to see the reception from the public.

I posted the chapter less than an hour ago but received more than 40 comments on the second chapter, and the votes had already exceeded 800. It was an absurd growth.

Most of the comments were people thanking me for the chapter.

"Should I post another chapter?" I had nine more chapters and could write more of them overnight. "Hm..." I lifted the corner of my lips and then posted the third chapter. After posting, I closed the site.

After that, I opened YouTube to watch a video, but I noticed I had received a notification in my email.

[Your page has been launched!]

"Has my patreon page been approved? I can advertise it to readers. No, not now!"

I needed to post more chapters. Readers would call me a mercenary if I started charging for extra chapters in chapter two. "..." I stared at my email inbox for a while and let out a long sigh.

"What the hell." I was so eager to do this that I didn't care if people called me a mercenary.

I had created two plans on my P4treon. A $10 plan where I would offer ten extra chapters and a $20 plan where I would offer 20+ chapters to readers.

"But if I post another chapter to announce the launch of my patreon, there will only be eight chapters left. I need to write three more chapters."

I closed the patreon page and opened a Word document to start writing the three remaining chapters. The story will progress fast even though the chapters are shorter.

####

My writing speed slowed down, so it was midnight by the time I finished. I was so focused that my mother had to bring me dinner in my room, and I ate quickly to get back to writing.

I had written three more chapters and had stopped right at the climax of the first arc—a battle with a dragon.

Yes, a battle with a dragon.

It may seem too fast, but it was the kind of story that the people on this site liked, and I knew it. They want stories that are fast-paced but well-developed. I had to do a convincing development so it didn't get weird.

Thank God Yuki was someone very talented.

"Now I just need to publish all the chapters on my patreon and then post chapter 4 to promote it. Will anyone pay for it?" I noticed that authors who didn't have a contract with the site used the patreon.

But in my old life, it was much more normal for fanfic authors to do that.

"Speaking of which, will they offer me a contract?" Honestly, that's impossible. I was using the name and characters of a well-known work. I don't think they'd do anything crazy like that.

"All right, chapter four." I posted the chapter and then put my patreon at the end of the chapter. I let the readers know I had ten chapters in the Patreon for them to read. And while I waited anxiously, I continued to read the readers' comments.

I felt fulfilled as I read the reviews and comments praising my work.

I spent a good few minutes reading them. Then, I looked at the open tabs and noticed a number (3) in the tab where my email was open. There were three new notifications. It was a new email, so I shouldn't receive emails from anyone.

"Then they must be..."

I opened the tab with a trembling hand.

[ New $10.00 subscriber! ]

[ New $10.00 subscriber! ]

[ New $10.00 subscriber! ]

"..."

 

 

Favorite?

21