Chapter 8 – A small change.
202 0 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I opened my eyes and found myself in an unfamiliar bedroom. The ceiling is made of wood, unlike Yuki's room. "I'm here again, aren't I?" I noticed the window was open, and a cold wind blew in.

I reached the window and looked outside.

"It's exactly as I wrote." Everything I wrote was here. The buildings, the stalls, the people of different races. It was the world I had created in my fanfic.

There were also guilds, and the guild in this town was the same as the principal guild in the original work(Fairy Tail). The same characters from the original story were part of the guild.

And also some characters that I created.

I went to the bathroom and was surprised to see no shower. I remembered I had written that there was no running water. I washed my face with the water that was in a bucket.

I put my sword around my waist and went downstairs. 

"Falcon, over here." When I got downstairs, Lucy called out to me. Sitting at one of the inn's tables, she was already eating. I sat down facing her, and the waitress came over to take my order.

I ordered a large portion of meat. The protagonist I had created was someone who ate a lot, especially meat.

"So, what do you intend to do now? You've already been resting for a few days. Do you want to take on a new quest?"

"A new quest?" I said naturally as if it was something I should do.

'After resting for a few days, my protagonist and Lucy would take on a challenging quest.' I know which chapter I'm on.

It was chapter 15. Am I going to stay here until the last chapter I've written?

"Yes, a new quest. We need money, you know?"

"But isn't the reward we got for killing the dragon enough for now?"

"You say that, but you've spent almost all the money on a new sword!" Lucy said angrily. "Besides, you eat so much that you've already spent a fortune on food alone. Your stomach is a bottomless pit!"

"I indeed eat a lot but haven't spent that much money."

"..." Lucy pouted and looked away. Then, the waitress brought my food. I was so hungry it felt like I hadn't eaten anything for a few days. So this is the protagonist I created?

But honestly, it sucks just watching and following the script. Can I change the story?

'If I don't go to the guild, the story will be changed, won't it?'

"We're not going to the guild today."

"Aren't you going to take a new quest?!"

"No, I want to test something."

"Test something? What's that? Are you finally going to learn another kind of magic besides dark magic?"

"What's so bad about dark magic?"

"Every time you use it, I feel my body tremble. It's very bizarre."

"..." I smiled bitterly and continued eating until everything was finished. After that, I separated from Lucy and walked outside the city. The two guards greeted me when I passed through the gate.

Their names were Jaime and Cortes. Both were charismatic characters that I had created for the protagonist to interact with. What's more, they would be essential characters in the future.

This time, I didn't stop to talk to them and went deeper into the nearby forest.

When I got there, I opened my Status.

[ Name - Falcon Dragneel ]

[ Level - 42 ]

[ Mana cores absorbed - 76 ]

[ Strength - 568 ]

[ Agility - 665 ]

[ Endurance - 445 ]

[ Magic - 976 ]

"Falcon's stats are already quite high... Should I slow down his evolution? If he starts getting too strong, it might become uninteresting."

I sat under a tree and began analyzing the store I had created that used mana cores as currency. It was a store created by the system to support the protagonist.

In addition to the store, the mana cores could be turned into experience points and used to increase the user's stats by cultivating using the mana cores.

Yes, it's a strange system that is proving very successful.

"This bastard only bought skills related to dark magic... Well, I made this choice. But I will make some changes to see if the story changes."

Using the store, I looked for a skill of an opposite element, the element of light. A healing spell is useful. I hope I won't cause a disaster in my story by doing this.

In the following few chapters, the protagonist will go on a new quest and faces a high-ranking demon with his bare hands.

"I wonder what's going to happen now?"

[ The skill 'Healing Magic' has been acquired! ]

After I received the system message, I sensed that something had already started to change. The city began to change. The sky just above my head began to turn red.

A simple change had brought catastrophe to my story.

 

Favorite?

17