Chapter 7 – Famous?
265 1 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Change of POV*

In an office, a man was sitting in front of his computer while he finished reading the fifth chapter of a story he had just found. It was Saturday, and he didn't even want to be there, so he didn't mind putting his work aside to read.

The story he was reading differed from the stories he used to read on that site.

It was a story that used characters from another famous story to make up its cast of characters. It was something new for him, but it was incredible—the description of the scenes, the use of words, the grammar.

It was as if a professional had written that novel, even though it was a website used by amateur writers.

"Tatsu? What are you reading?"

"Oh, Arnold. I found a new book on that website I told you about a while ago."

"Oh, that site. I went in and looked, but nothing on there interested me. Most of the stories are practically identical."

"Yes, that's true." Tatsu smiled bitterly. "But this one is different. Have you ever heard of this type of story? This author put characters from other works into an original novel."

"Huh? Is that allowed?"

"Well, he's climbing the ranks like crazy and getting a lot of recognition. Look." Tatsu showed the site's homepage. It was the fanfic Yuki was writing. Not even the cover was original.

More than 300,000 views and Yuki's work finally reached the top 100 of the site.

"Is that a lot? I don't understand much about it."

"Well, if you consider that it started being published only a few days ago and has only five chapters, it's a frightening number. Look at the number of 5-star reviews."

"Wait!"

"What?"

"That name." Arnold looked at the name of the novel's author. It was a name he knew. "I know that name." Arnold's eyes widened as he remembered where he knew that name.

It was the name his son used online. He used that name for practically everything he would do. Online games, and even in his email.

His son was the novel's author that was becoming a huge success.

"What? You look happy."

"It's nothing. Could you give me the link to this novel? I want to read it later."

"All right..." Tatsu didn't understand the reason behind Arnold's smile, but he found it odd since Arnold wasn't the kind of guy who smiled for any reason. Something good had happened.

####

Not just in that office, the fanfic Yuki wrote was spreading like crazy.

Mel was in her classroom for a special lesson and heard some boys chatting at the back of the room. It was Saturday, so there were few students in the class.

"This is incredible. This guy, his name is ZeroX. Have you heard of him before?" Mel's ears twitched when she heard that. 

'ZeroX?' Mel thought. 'I remember seeing this before.' Mel picked up her cell phone and opened her messaging app. She saw her older brother's contact and opened it.

Just below his number was his email address.

'Zerox@.... It can't be.' Mel couldn't believe it, so she went over to the boys.

"Hey, what do you guys mean by ZeroX?" She asked them.

"Huh? What do you want, you idiot?" One of the boys said.

"Just tell me what you're talking about."

"I'm talking about this." The boy showed Mel his cell phone.

"A novel?"

"That's right, it's a new novel that appeared for me on the homepage."

"I see." Mel took out her cell phone and searched for the novel's name online. She found the website on which it was being published and walked away from those smelly boys as soon as possible.

"Hmm..." Mel opened the first chapter and started reading. She didn't even know what Fairy Tail was, but it entertained her enough to finish reading all the chapters.

'It can't be...' She had read some of her brother's works before. The writing was quite similar, but she wasn't sure.

'He said he'd started publishing his books, maybe that's it?' A smile appeared on Mel's face. 

"If it is his book, isn't he famous?"

Since her classmates had read it, didn't that mean that her brother had suddenly become famous?

####

It wasn't just in those two places that Yuki's fanfic was being discussed. On social media, many people surprised by the site's sudden featuring of his work started talking about his fanfic.

Of course, they weren't just saying good things. Many people criticized the site for featuring a work that could be considered a copy of another work. However, they were in the minority.

Most of the people who spoke about his fanfic spoke well of it. Especially about Yuki's writing.

It was amazing how all this had happened in just a single morning after Yuki's fanfic was placed on the site's homepage.

The number of people with the novel in their library increased wildly, and its rank rose.

His heart almost stopped when Yuki woke up and noticed his fanfic nearly doubled in readership.

####

*Change of POV*

That's ridiculous. The number of views had already reached close to a million, and the number of people with my fanfic in the library had reached almost 10 thousand. There were so many comments that it was impossible to read them all.

"This is bizarre. Wait." Then I noticed the reason behind it. I received a new notification that I had never received before on my author dashboard.

[ Congratulations, your novel will be recommended on the site's homepage! ]

The site is showing my fanfic to millions of people. I felt my whole body go cold. Maybe it was nerves.

I quickly opened the site's homepage. There it was, my fanfic. It was featured as an original novel. But that didn't matter.

The important thing was that my fanfic was growing at a rapid pace.

"This is the best Saturday morning I've ever had!"

 

Favorite?

20