Chapter 6
282 3 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I woke up while drooling over my keyboard. My body felt tired despite having just woken up. "Hm?" I looked at the computer screen, and my vision was blurry.

However, I could see some notifications in my email.

It was a two-digit number.

"Shit..." I couldn't believe what I was seeing. There were 26 new emails. I had received 17 more subscribers, and the other emails were all comments.

I have 21 subscribers now. I earned 210 dollars in just one day, a very good amount. If I kept getting p4treons at this rate, I'd hit $1,000 a month soon.

I got up from my chair excitedly and washed my face while humming. I was pleased and excited for what was to come.

After washing my face, I went to the computer again and opened the dashboard. "I have 1,200 votes. However, the rankings will reset in two days, on Sunday. Can I make the top 10 next week?"

I should offer extra chapters in exchange for votes. It works. People did it a lot.

"Over five thousand people have already added my fanfic to their library, and the chapters have over 100 comments each. Isn't it about time I got some 'publicity'?"

On this site, when you get a lot of new readers and votes, you'll be featured on the site's homepage. There were several featuring categories, such as the new works category. My fanfic should appear there at some point.

"Will it not appear because I'm using the name and characters of other works? Maybe the site will be afraid to publicize it."

But that didn't matter. I just have to keep posting chapters daily and hope it continues growing. I'm sure I'll get a lot of readers just by posting chapters.

I don't need to be featured.

"Haaa~~" I took a deep breath and went downstairs. My mother and sister were sitting at the table eating breakfast. My father had already left for work. He worked in an office in the city center.

I haven't told you yet, but I live in Japan with my family.

To make a long story short, my mother is Japanese and traveled to the UK. She met my father there. After my mother became pregnant, they moved to Japan, and we've lived here ever since.

"What happened? You seem happier than usual." Mel asked.

"Hm? No, nothing's happened. I finally started publishing one of the books I wrote on an online site."

"Are you getting many readers?" Mel was excited. "I always think the things you write are great. Don't you, Mom?"

"Yes, your brother is very talented."

"..." I smiled and wondered if I should tell them I'd already started making money. But I held back for now. I'll tell my family when I'm earning more money.

At the moment, I just had to keep working.

Unfortunately, I can't focus 100% on my fanfic because I must study. Today was Friday, and I had to go to college. Yuki hated it.

He only had one friend and was constantly ridiculed for his reserved personality. He never went out partying or got along with people. He is treated like a "weirdo."

My smile disappeared as unpleasant memories began to plague me. I shook my head and avoided thinking about it.

"Are you going to college today? You don't have to if you're not feeling well." Yuki's mother wanted to see him well. If he wasn't well, he could skip college and stay home.

"I'll go to college." I smiled at her, and she seemed happy.

I ate with the two of them while listening to the school stories of my younger sister, who had just entered high school. Yuki liked to hear this when sitting at the table with his family.

He loved hearing about the lives of all of them. They all had interesting lives, different from his own. For this reason, he always felt out of place.

'That boy had a lot of problems in his head...' He wasn't a normal boy. However, even searching through his memories, I couldn't find anything that had left him in this state.

No trauma or diagnosis.

That is strange.

I finished eating with my family and went up to my room. When I looked at my computer screen, I noticed four more notifications. They were all new subscribers. I now had 24 subscribers.

I opened Word and started typing.

I typed for long hours and managed to write ten chapters. Again, I hadn't eaten lunch, so I was starving. I got very distracted whenever I started typing and forgot about everything around me.

"Damn." It was getting close to nighttime; I hadn't gone to college again. I last went to college a week ago. That's probably not good. Anyway, I'm not going to continue studying.

The course didn't appeal to me. Yuki was studying psychology.

"It's quite strange for someone like him to choose psychology. Well, who am I to judge?" I posted the ten chapters I've written on my p4treon and then posted chapter five on the website.

I now had ten extra chapters for the $10 plan and 19 for the $20 plan. I would put more chapters on p4treon over time.

"Will anyone subscribe to the 20-dollar plan?"

 

Favorite?

21