Chapter 9 – My story has become a mess.
196 0 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When I opened my eyes on Sunday morning, I felt extremely anxious about everything that had happened in my dream. I started to get a bad feeling. Something had happened while I was asleep!

"Damn." When I got to my computer and opened my Patreon page, I realized something terrible had happened. My fanfic was still growing wildly on the site I was publishing on, but my Patreon was a mess.

[ Reinir3 - What the fuck? Why did light magic suddenly interfere with all the protagonist's magic? Why was the world destroyed so suddenly? What are you doing with this story? ]

[ FalcGold - You just ruined your story. What the hell happened? It doesn't make sense! ]

"This is crazy..." I opened the most recent chapters on my Patreon. I have very few subscribers to the $20 plan, so there were few comments. But the comments I did get were slaughtering my story!

I had written up to chapter 25 on the Saturday after I received the notification that the site had featured my story. I remember that there were only positive comments before I went to sleep.

"Could it be..." I remembered what I had done in that dream. It was the third time I'd had a realistic dream and lived out the events I'd written. However, I ignored the script this time and bought a new skill.

I quickly opened the last chapters available on Patreon (Chapters 23, 24, and 25).

Everything had changed.

"Shit, everything's changed! The writing's the same, but everything's changed!" I shouted at the computer screen.

Those weren't the chapters I'd written!

In the original story I had written, the protagonist would accept a quest to face a large number of monsters and also a very powerful demon. In the end, he managed to kill the demon.

But now, due to the idiocy of the protagonist who decided to buy a light element skill, something happened to his body. His body, which only had the darkness attribute, collapsed due to the "Healing Magic" skill.

And with that, the quest was a failure. The protagonist went to the demon with his body close to its limit to try to fight.

In the end, the demon manages to suck all the magic out of the protagonist, leaving him practically crippled. Due to the protagonist's failure and the significant increase in the demon's abilities, it managed to destroy the world.

In just two chapters, he killed, killed, and killed more humans and monsters and sucked out their magic/abilities. In the end, he had taken over practically the whole world. The world had been destroyed, and the protagonist had developed a disability with no hope of getting back to his old self.

It was a complete mess.

"Buying a single skill screwed everything up?" I was paralyzed for a few seconds. All the $20 subscribers hadn't canceled their subscriptions yet, but they were pissed off at me!

New subscribers were coming! This could get worse!

"If I don't change it... I can change it, can't I?"

I deleted all the chapters that had been changed. I then posted a message to all subscribers.

[ I'm sorry about the last few chapters. When I wrote them, I was having a bad day and was preparing for my college exam. I will rewrite everything.

I'll understand if you want to unsubscribe, but I want you to give me another chance.

ZeroX. ]

When I published my post for all subscribers, subscribers to the $10 plan who hadn't read the last few chapters were quite confused.

[ Rick - Huh? What happened? Can someone who was a $20 subscriber tell me what went wrong with the story?]

Right below, Reinir3, the same guy who was angry earlier, replied.

[ Reinir3 - The author made a gigantic fuck-up in his story. He destroyed the whole story by putting a "debuff" on the protagonist, and the world was destroyed in just two chapters! I hope he changes it. ]

The other subscribers started to like his comment. Some of them even started replying with "Hahahaha," "Lmao," or "lol." They thought it was funny. Fortunately, I hadn't lost any subscribers yet.

"Thank God the story hasn't been changed completely. If the chapters I posted on 'The Writing God' website had also been altered, my reputation would have been ruined."

No! My fanfic would be a forgotten work among millions.

"Now I have to rewrite everything as it was. Luckily, I can remember everything."

I hadn't even washed my face.

I went to the bathroom and washed my face before breakfast. It was Sunday, so everyone was at home, unlike yesterday when my father had to work, and Mel had to go to school.

My mother was also away yesterday, so I was home alone most of the day.

"Good morning, Mom, Dad, Mel."

"Good morning, son."

"Good morning, Yuki."

"Good morning."

The three replied, and I sat down at the table. I let out a long yawn and took a bite of the bread prepared for me. It was bread stuffed with meat, and I had some hot tea.

"What happened? You look a bit sad." My mother said. She was good at sensing how people were feeling. I wonder why she didn't pick up on Yuki's distress.

"Something's happened to the book I'm writing, but I'm already taking care of it," I replied in a monotone.

"Oh, that's right! I didn't talk to you about this yesterday. Is this your book?" Mel turned her cell phone towards me. She showed me my fanfiction.

"!"

 

Favorite?

16