Chapter 10 – Congratulations, son.
176 0 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My heart stopped when I saw my fanfiction on Mel's cell phone screen. But what my father told me next made me even more surprised.

"My friend showed me this book. Why didn't you tell me you'd started posting this online? It's quite successful!"

"It's not successful yet," I told him.

"No? My classmates were reading your book! You're already famous! Even Dad's work colleague was reading it! Look at the number of views!" Mel showed her cell phone to our father and also to our mother.

"Over a million views?! And what's about that number?"

"That's the number of votes his book has received. The number next to it is the rank. His book is already in rank 30 on the site! Look at this, Mom." Mel showed my mother the website's home page.

"His book is on the site's homepage. He's certainly famous!" Mel gave a big smile as she looked at me. My mother seemed very happy about this.

She supported Yuki's writing.

His father was the only one who knew little about Yuki's talent.

"When Tatsu showed me this book, and I saw the author's name, I immediately assumed it was you. But even so, it is hard to believe..."

"Let's stop talking about it, please. I'm not famous yet. I've just started publishing it."

"You're amazing, you know? I spent several hours reading people's comments. You are getting a lot of praise." Mel said. My mother and father started asking questions.

"What were they saying?" My mother asked.

"What's his story like? I haven't had a chance to read it yet. I think I'll do that today." My father asked.

"They were saying incredible things. I've never seen anyone praised as much as Yuki was. People love what he writes." Mel answered my mother and then turned to my father. "It's only a few chapters long but looks quite interesting. The story begins..."

Haaaa~~

I sighed and looked down at my cup of tea. A smile appeared on my face while Mel was talking animatedly about my story with our parents. They seemed very excited as they listened.

'I wonder what they'll think when I tell them I can make a lot of money from this...They may be even more supportive. But even if I start making a lot of money, they won't let me drop out of college.'

"I'm going back to my room. I need to write."

"Ah, son." My mother called me.

"Hm?"

"Congratulations!" 

Hearing my mother's words, I felt my heart grow warm. 

Even in my old life, my mother had never congratulated me on anything.

"Thanks, Mom."

####

I went upstairs to my room because I had to write several chapters. I'd brought a two-liter bottle of water and some snacks to eat during my breaks. 

But before I started writing, I opened my Patreon again.

I had received five more subscribers. My post apologizing had already gotten 20 likes. There were lots of comments telling me not to worry.

Some people even upgraded their plan to the $20 plan.

"Isn't that a lot of money already?" I opened where the patreon payments were shown. I had almost 300 dollars to withdraw. I'd done this amount in a few days.

"But I can't withdraw it now." However, due to the site's policies, I could only withdraw the money after five days. "I didn't want to withdraw the money now anyway. I'll do it next month."

Today was the 8th of the month. I would make as much money as possible until the 1st of next month. On the first of the month, the site will charge all subscribers again, so...

"But I shouldn't just think about money. My readers are waiting for new chapters." It had been almost a day since I published a new chapter. People were asking for a new chapter.

I opened Word and started rewriting the chapters I had deleted. I wrote them all in the same way as quickly as possible. I took the opportunity to change a few things, so it took longer than expected.

By the time I'd finished, it was dinner time.

I hadn't drunk water and hadn't eaten any of the snacks. However, the chapters were ready.

I posted the chapters on patreon before going down for lunch. I also posted a chapter on "The Writing God" website.

####

When I finished lunch and returned to my room, I first looked at the comments on the chapters I've posted on patreon. The first comment I saw was from the same guy as before.

[Reinir3 - It's much better now! Why didn't you write like that last time? I'm relieved! ]

Other subscribers liked his comment. Besides him, there were also a few other comments praising me.

"What a relief. I also gained a few more subscribers because of the new chapter I published. Hmmm... I'm still in the top 30 on the site. Should I ask readers for some votes? No, I shouldn't."

But I'm only in the top 30 because today is Sunday, and the votes have reset. I'll drop down the rankings over time.

I'll be in the top 50 by the end of the week. I'm satisfied with that for now. 

'I think I'll write a few more chapters. I'll publish one more chapter before I go to sleep. It would be good to publish another chapter today.'

Things are going faster than they should. 

I opened my profile on The Writing God and noticed I already had over 200 followers. Followers were challenging to get, even if your novel was huge. It's going very well.

"Hm?" I opened Word to start writing again but opened my dashboard one last time before writing.

In the system notifications, I received something I wouldn't have expected.

[ Contract offer ]

"You're kidding me that they offered a contract for a fanfic. That was strictly forbidden in my old life!"

 

 

Favorite?

15