Chapter 12 – Contract signed. The prospect of victory.
186 0 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I took my documents and started filling in all the contract requirements. I also have to send a picture of myself and make a digital signature. I'll use a graphics tablet Yuki used to draw on.

Unlike writing, his talent for art is average. But even with average skill, he could draw good art.

"I can make my covers from now on. I don't have enough money to pay a good illustration artist, and I don't want to steal more art."

I filled in all and signed the contract. When I clicked confirm, my heart started racing. I began to wonder if I had made the right choice. No! I'm sure I made the right choice!

It's the website's fault if something happens!

"Haaa~~ I haven't even spoken to my mother. Will she be angry if I tell her I signed an unknown contract?"

Well, I read the whole contract. It was very beneficial to me.

I only had to post one 1,500-word chapter a day. I don't have to worry about writing ten chapters daily. "But how will my readers feel about this?"

The people who subscribe to the patreon will use coins to buy the chapters to read, but what about the rest of the readers?

"I'll only start selling the chapters from chapter 30 onwards. The story will be well advanced because of its pace." I went downstairs to talk to my mother about the contract.

She was a housewife, so she was at home. My sister was also at home, but she was in her room.

"Mom, I want to talk to you about the book I'm writing."

"Hm? Did something happen?" She stopped washing the dirty dishes that had accumulated and turned to me. She looked worried, but I calmed her down and explained everything. I told her that I had signed a contract with that website.

I would start selling chapters in a few days and make a lot of money.

My mother's eyes were shining, but at the same time, she was a little afraid.

"Are you sure they're going to give you money? Is it that easy?"

"Writing isn't easy, Mom." To be honest... It's easy. Anyone can write something. The difference is the quality.

"I didn't mean it that way! It seems too easy to be true, this thing about making money. What do you mean they'll give you money to write? That sounds like a scam...."

Haaaa~~

I sighed and explained how the site worked.

"I see, so readers will buy chapters using coins they acquire with real money. You get a part of the money from those coins."

"That's right. The percentage I get is 60%. That's good money."

"I see. But son, will you be able to sell enough? Each chapter you sell makes very little money, doesn't it?"

"Yes, the chapters are cheap, but I have a lot of readers, and I'll get even more. If a thousand people buy every chapter I post daily, I'll make a lot of money at the end of the month."

"That makes sense..."

"What's more, I can receive gifts from readers. Some gifts go for 15,000 coins. That's a lot of money."

"Wow." A gentle smile appeared on my mother's face. "I hope everything works out, son." She hugged me and started congratulating me. Just then, my sister, Mel, came into the kitchen.

"What's going on? Did someone die?"

"Don't say stupid things!" My mother said to Mel. "We are talking about the website Yuki's posting his book. He said he's signed a contract with them and will be making much money from now on."

"I didn't say I'll make a lot of money. It's not a certainty; it's a possibility."

"Is that true?!" Mel grabbed both my hands. Her eyes were shining. Her black bangs were adorable. She looked so much like me... It is unbelievable.

"Well, yes. But you don't have to worry, I'll send you the chapters for free, you don't have to buy them."

"You don't have to worry about that. I'm not reading."

"..."

####

It was the next day. I hadn't written any new chapters because I was anxious. The contract analysis was still being done, taking them up to a day.

"It looks like the contract won't be approved now..." It was nine o'clock in the morning, and I'll go to college at one o'clock in the afternoon. I hope the contract will be accepted by 1 pm, but I wonder if that will happen.

"Haaa~~ I'll put this anxiety aside and write a bit."

Before writing, I opened my email. I had received ten more subscribers in total. I had already accumulated over $600 since most subscribers had chosen the $20 plan.

I closed my Patreon page and set a two-hour timer.

Then I opened a Word file and started typing without worrying about the contract. I managed to write five chapters in those two hours. The story had progressed very well, but I was worried.

I was at a tricky point in the story.

"What if I sleep..."

I shook my head. "No, I don't need to think about it. Nothing will happen to me. It's just a dream. However, I'd like to find out why this is happening."

Ring~~ Ring~~ Ring~~

The timer had reached 0.

I saved all the chapters on my Google Drive for safekeeping and then opened the dashboard again to look at the contract. To my surprise, my contract had been accepted.

"IT'S SIGNED!" I shouted.

 

 

Favorite??!!

You can read 6 extra chapters on patreon: patreon.com/IgorFanfiction

I'll keep posting extra chapters there! 

You'll also get other bonuses in the future, I promise!

 

16