Chapter 13 – Warning.
174 0 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With the contract now signed, I opened my Patreon page to inform subscribers. I told them I would refund anyone who wanted their money back.

[Hello, this is ZeroX. First, I'd like to let everyone know that I've just signed a contract with "The Writing God" website.

All the content here will be deleted, but I will keep the patreon active to receive donations from my readers. I will use all the money earned on patreon to pay artists.

I have some talent and can draw, but my skills are not good enough to make art you will like. Besides, I can't spend too much of my day drawing.

As well as writing several chapters, I have to go to college almost every day.

So, if you're feeling irritated by my choice, I'll make a refund. I'll refund the money to anyone who wants it back.

Thank you very much for subscribing to my patreon and supporting me from the start! ]

I posted the message and soon started receiving comments from all my subscribers.

[ Nana - No problem, I'll keep reading your novel! I just need to spend a few coins, right? ]

[ Fansec4 - Don't worry, I don't need my money back. Good luck with the contract! ]

All my subscribers supported my decision. They said they would keep reading; some even told me they would keep subscribing to my Patreon.

Reading all those supportive comments, I couldn't help but feel very happy.

"Damn it, I'm not going to cry!" I confess it was the first time I'd felt that happy. I've lived 27 years in my other world, and I've never had such a happy day in all that life. How can I put it... My life was shit.

'My mother... Father...'

I started remembering my family in my old world and our last moments together. But I slapped myself in the face. I shouldn't be thinking about this! Lucas is dead! I was shot in the chest!

"Right, let's delete all the content I've posted on my patreon and look at my dashboard."

I deleted all the chapters in my patreon and then went to take a look at the dashboard.

I only had six chapters posted. I had yet to post more chapters. Despite this, I was getting a lot of new readers.

Because of the featuring of the site.

'Let's see... Now, there are new options on my dashboard. Is this where my sales will be shown?"

[ Chapters unlocked ]

[ Estimated income ]

"Yes, those are the two main pieces of new information. My estimated income was $0 since I hadn't started selling chapters."

I would receive my money every 15th of every month. It's a good day to receive a salary since the 15th was the middle of the month. It's usually the time of the month when my family spends the most money.

My dad has to pay the water and electricity bills and buy a lot of food for the rest of the month.

And about the contract, I didn't explain its conditions very well.

I must post a chapter a day of 1,500 words or more to receive 200 dollars. I would only earn this money if I didn't sell more than 200 dollars monthly.

It was like compensation for your work to encourage you to keep writing. It was valid for the first four months of the contract.

"But I don't want that compensation. I intend to sell more than 200 dollars a month. MUCH MORE THAN 200 DOLLARS!" I was confident that it would be possible. But that compensation wasn't even the most important thing.

The most important thing was something calling out. "The Weekly god." It was like a championship between contracted authors. If you posted every day, you could win this weekly championship.

Whoever sold the most chapters that week would be featured on the homepage and win 1,000 dollars. It's a much better promotion than the one I received. They say that whoever wins this weekly championship doubles their reader base.

That's my goal!

I want to win this championship at least once. If I do, I'll try to keep up the winning streak.

"But I'm thinking too big. The most important thing now is publishing the chapters I've been saving."

I had written up to chapter 31. I would post up to chapter 30, and from chapter 30 onwards, the chapters would become paid for.

As a new arc starts in chapter 30, it's the perfect time to start selling chapters.

"Speaking of which, isn't the story going too fast? I'm only on chapter 30 and already starting the fourth arc. There was the initial arc in which the protagonist meets Lucy, the dragon arc, the demon arc, and now there's the fourth arc..."

I should start slowing down the story. If I advance the story too quickly, I might finish it faster than expected.

"I want to keep this story going until at least chapter 200. Not too long and not too short either."

So, I started posting a few chapters. Of course, I didn't post them all at once. I'll post three a day. I saved all the chapters I had as drafts to post them using my cell phone.

I can post them wherever I am, even at college.

"All right, I've posted up to chapter nine... Should I post chapter 10 as well? Okay, let's do that."

I posted chapter 10 and then went to look at the number of people with my novel in the library. The number had already reached 14,000. Yes, there were 14,000 readers with my fanfic in their libraries.

It was a staggering number.

The views were growing even faster. I was already at almost two million views.

"But the rankings haven't changed much..." I was still only in the top 30. It had stayed the same.

'Should I offer chapters in exchange for votes?' No, now I have a contract, I'll let things happen naturally.

 

You can read 5 extra chapters on patreon: patreon.com/IgorFanfiction

I'll keep posting extra chapters there! 

You'll also get other bonuses in the future, I promise!

16