Chapter 16 – Nasty witch.
132 2 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The carriage approached the town of Fiore quickly. I woke Lucy, lying on my shoulder, and we left the carriage together when we reached the gate. "Thank you for the ride, sir," I told the coachman.

He was a man who accepted money in exchange for taking people from town to town. I had paid him a reasonable amount.

'Well, now I must follow the story. This arc began in chapter 30, the arc of the Witch of Darkness. It's a rather unpleasant arc as it involved a lot of horrible things.'

Mainly death and human experiments. I've written everything so well and so unpleasantly that I'm afraid of what I will see.

"What happened, Falcon? You look nervous."

"It's nothing. I was thinking about the witch who's in this town."

"What? You don't intend to go after her, do you?! We have to complete the quest we picked up. We can't waste time on that!"

"But if we catch this witch, won't we get a bigger reward? The quest we took is very easy."

"Easy?! We have to fight another elemental dragon! That's not easy!"

"Tsk."

"Come on, don't be stingy. Let's complete this quest. But first of all, we need to pay an inn to prepare."

"Okay, fine, you win."

I sighed long and went to an inn near the main gate with Lucy. Following the story, we ate together and then went to our rooms. I didn't go to bed, though.

'Falcon, this stubborn character...'

I looked out the window and picked up my sword, which I had left beside the bed. The investigation I had written had begun!

I jumped out the bedroom window using a cloak that hid my face. I also took advantage of the size of the cloak to hide my sword. I sneaked through dirty alleyways and jumped over the city's buildings.

I searched for a long time but found nothing... But suddenly something strange happened.

"The church." From the top of one of the nearby buildings, I noticed a movement in the church in the town. I saw some strange men entering the church and then a bright light. Something had happened.

Carefully, I approached the church and crept inside.

It was silent and dark. I could hardly see anything.

At first, Falcon(me) thought they were just nasty thugs, but that wasn't the case.

"Damn..." Entering a room on the church's second floor, I saw something that almost made me vomit. But I held back. I had to follow the script.

There were bodies everywhere. It was a large room with no furniture; the whole floor was covered in dried blood, and piles of bodies were everywhere. The stench was unbearable.

'Damn, this is too disgusting. My stomach won't be able to take it for long.'

I approached the bodies and analyzed them. I could see some black stains on the bodies of all the victims. Men, women, and even children of all ages. All the bodies were rotten.

"That's a sign of black magic. All the vitality of these people has been sucked out. Is this place just used to dispose of bodies or something?"

I knew it wasn't. And just as I had written, the door was opened.

I looked back at the exact moment, and there, I could see purple eyes that glowed in the dark. I couldn't see the woman's face clearly, but she was beautiful—a character I had created from scratch.

She was beautiful with bright purple eyes and long purple hair with silver streaks. Her outfit was tight-fitting and quite sexy. On her face, she wore a black mask to hide her unpleasant smile.

The woman stared at me, and I felt goosebumps all over my body.

Then, I felt her attack coming. She didn't even say anything.

"Damn it! I've got no room!" I shouted as I pulled my sword from my waist. I started jumping over the piles of bodies while avoiding the woman's spells speeding towards me.

The purple glow caused by her magic lit up the room, and I could see her face.

So I ran towards her.

However, as I got closer, the woman disappeared.

But I knew she was still there, so I jumped out of the second-floor window and landed in the middle of the street. I then looked up at the church and saw the woman looking down at me. She was smiling behind that mask.

'Damn, this is insane! My heart is racing. I feel like it's going to explode! I could have died!

But those were just my internal thoughts. The Falcon character I created was supposed to be calm. I started walking calmly towards the church again. But in my thoughts, I was still panicking.

Having to follow the script is crazy. I won't be able to stand it!

'Fortunately, I already know everything will work out in the end!' Well, I haven't finished this arc yet, but it will end with the witch being killed by Falcon.

Oops, that was a spoiler.

####

When I entered the church again, there was nothing there. Even the bodies had disappeared. Even the magic sign the witch was supposed to have left was completely gone.

I looked through all the other rooms and found nothing.

'Ah, thank God. If I weren't Falcon, my legs would be shaking! Why do I have to live everything I write?!'

I left the church and looked around but found nothing else.

But I knew that, in the distance, I was being watched by that witch. However, I didn't even look in her direction to avoid changing my story. I went back to the inn and sat down on the bed.

"I found her too easily. It's like she did it on purpose. Besides, she's strong."

Falcon noticed that she was very powerful. Her magic was indeed as strong as his. Maybe even stronger.

"I have to train more."

I lay down to sleep following the storyline.

I confess that even though it was scary, it was fun.

 

You can read extra 6 chapters on patreon: patreon.com/IgorFanfiction

I'll keep posting extra chapters there! 

You'll also get other bonuses in the future, I promise!

 

16